Thread: So, I'm out of the country until Nov 5th

Administrator

England

So, I'm out of the country until Nov 5th

And would have missed the first few episodes! Looking forward to using the jet lag as an excuse to sit up in the crazy early hours of the morning to catch up ASAP!

Not wishing to read the dedicated threads for the new episodes in case I hit a spoiler, what's peoples general opinions?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Very good but uneven.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    I am enjoying this season a lot, there are some gaps but really I loved both of them. Good use of flashback to build characters and set the stage from pre-walkers, very high production value, very good scripting (two small complaints).

I think you will enjoy them.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The season opener left a bit to be desired, but I thought episode 202 was one of the best episodes of the entire series. Right up there with 101 and 105.
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Oct-2011 at 02:47 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Very good but uneven.
    Pretty fair evaluation, that I agree with.

Personally, I'm really liking it, in some respects, more than the 1st season.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I'm digging TWD-2 as much as I did TWD-1. There are aspects of each episode that tend to make me scratch my curly top, but then again I have the added joy of NOT having read the comic book series. In other words, I don't already know what's coming down the pike with TWD like some of the more well read brothers on this list. Ignorance is bliss!

Have a safe trip!
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 27-Oct-2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: ed
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

Administrator

England
    Thanks guys! That's put my mind at rest until I get back!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan