Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gossip about Darbont's departure

England

Gossip about Darbont's departure

I've come across some more rumour about Darabonts departure.
    After comic-con the studio execs & production team sat down together to watch the rough cuts of the 1st 4 episodes. The original premiere was considered unwatchable by many and had been shot by a director Darabont hired (Gwyneth Horder-Payton). Darabont was trying to fix it in post but couldn't and everything came to a head with Darabont either walking or being pushed. The original premiere was the standard 45 mins long but was such a mess they had to combine the 2nd episode with it to give us a 60 odd minute one. They have split the season up because of the holidays but also so they can rework the 2nd part and reshoot as they are now an episode short of the 13.

This is all rumour but it fits in with bits and bobs i've been reading over the past few months.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    Looks like a main character may be written out or killed off as a result of Darabonts departure.

How’s your vision today? Good? Good, ’cause you’re gonna wanna be 20/20 or better for today’s Blind Item. It concerns one of the stars of AMC’s The Walking Dead and their desire to… well, walk.

The backstage drama all started when series creator Frank Darabont was ousted. A whole lotta people were upset, you’ll recall, and this one person, so much so that he/she asked to be released from his/her contract. But, according to my moles, a funny thing happened between the time the request was made and when it was potentially granted.

A change of heart.

Now this member of the ensemble wants to stay. But it may be too late. (Even my sources don’t know for sure at this point whether the character is going to be written off, although one insider insists he/she ultimately got their wish.)

So, your guesses? Who’s the Darabont loyalist who wanted his/her Walking papers, then decided they wanted them torn up?
    My moneys on DeMunn

http://www.tvline.com/2011/11/walkin...quit-season-2/
    Last edited by kidgloves; 22-Nov-2011 at 10:07 PM. Reason: .
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Looks like a main character may be written out or killed off as a result of Darabonts departure.

My moneys on DeMunn

I bloody well hope not - and I bloody well hope nobody gets shafted from the show in such a manner, particularly one of the key characters.

United States
    At this point, anything AMC does or doesn't do wouldn't surprise me. I really thought they were going to do something different with this show, but so many of the people behind the scenes seem to just excuse their actions.

In a better world, the entire cast would have stood up as one and told the suits to f*ck themselves. I don't consider myself a big "union" guy, but f*ck sake. If it wasn't for Darabont, this show wouldn't have been made.

Looks like after all's said and done, it would have been better if he'd just sat on his hands and never bothered.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post

My moneys on DeMunn

Remember, if any more details come out, PLEASE BE CAREFUL OF SPOILERS!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Glenn is going to be killed off and replaced with Maggie.

Why you ask? Again, when you have MBA type morons running everything it is all about myopic immediate gain. Having eye candy with guns will pull in the large 18-35 year old white male demographic of mall ninjas, army seal special forces armchair BF3 generals and the usual idiots from gun related forums. This should be enough to bring in their bonuses from advertising sales for the 3rd and final season.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    While I was never happy with Darabont's departure, past history shows that AMC is anything but THAT kind of network, Sammich....

United States
    I'm all for changing it up from the comic book. I have read it since the first issue but I also like getting surprised with the little changes in the show. It's still the best traditional zombie offering since GAR's trilogy.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    I'm all for changing it up from the comic book. I have read it since the first issue but I also like getting surprised with the little changes in the show. It's still the best traditional zombie offering since GAR's trilogy.
    I take it you haven't seen 'The Dead' by the Ford Brothers yet? If so, you really, really, really should. For all those who at times feel that TWD on tv gets a bit too 'cosy' and are fans of the traditional Romero approach towards the undead; it really is the best thing since Day ...

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    I take it you haven't seen 'The Dead' by the Ford Brothers yet? If so, you really, really, really should. For all those who at times feel that TWD on tv gets a bit too 'cosy' and are fans of the traditional Romero approach towards the undead; it really is the best thing since Day ...
    I am waiting for a means to buy a copy and check it out, but the suspense has been killing me!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Ahurm, if you uh..want to take a peek before you buy, I know where you could be hooked up..as it were.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Nope, not yet. I have it on my Amazon wish list waiting for an official release in the states. Glad to hear it's a quality zed film.

United States
    Honestly, I haven't finished it..I've started it twice, I just..lose interest..it's definitely ambitious for such a small budget, but some of the zombie "performances" just leave me really out in the cold..

Undisclosed
    Really? I was a fan of all the practical effects they used in that film instead of going the CGI route. The zombies are REALLY slow. I liked that as well. I wonder what you felt is wrong with the 'performances'? But perhaps this isn't the right thread for that ...

United States
    Well, these zeds were just TOO lethargic..when they're milling about, I just get no sense of danger from them..*shrug*..I dunno..don't get me wrong, there are a few effective scenes, one involving the little ute, but..I dunno..just didn't hold my interest..no offense.