Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: TWD 2x03 "Save The Last One" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hey i watch it FX too.. a workmate of mine actually offered me the entire season 2 on DVD and i went mad at him! Part of the fun is watching it build up week by week and making guesses as to what happens next..

I Dont post much on it becuase i really dont know what i can add, everytime i come on here and read the topics all my questions or what i would have posted seem to have been covered already lol
    C'mon brother, I'm sure the folks on here can't cover every possible aspect of a topic du jour. Hell, even if you told me that I was completely talking out my arss once in awhile, that'd be a hoot, no? Look at some of my posts. Trust me, I type most of them using only my prehensile buttocks.
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 05-Nov-2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: ed
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

Administrator

England
    What can i really add to whats been said? This, like the other 2 walking dead topics are great topics.

The only thing that comes to mind, watching episode 3 again today, is the interesting moments with darryl and andrea which i thought was interesting, perfect characters to pair off in my opinion!

But then MZ went and covered that!!

Super Moderator

UK
    The only thing that comes to mind, watching episode 3 again today, is the interesting moments with darryl and andrea which i thought was interesting, perfect characters to pair off in my opinion!

But then MZ went and covered that!!
    'Cos I'm awesome.

Gotta say it though - I'm starting to crush on Maggie - mmm, yes please.

I did like that we got to see them sleeping in the RV; it was such a part of the early TWD stuff that it was kind of cool to see that in there ... also having Carol crying in bed, that kind of harks to some of the trade paperbacks a little further into the series (such as Volume 7, which I just read for the first time this afternoon - man alive, Volume 8 is going to be the tits! ) ... so it's interesting how very small little things like that can come into play much earlier in the story, just small little nuances and subtleties.

N.B. Regarding the comics, just as a reminder, there's a thread pinned to the top of the TWD forum for comics discussion where spoilers can be flung around freely, so keep any spoilers there ... I'm still trying to catch up on the trade paperbacks, and no doubt there are others like me too.

Administrator

England
    I Dont know if i agree with what alot of you are saying about shanes psyche, well maybe but not to the extent some of you beleive.

I think thorn made the point a few days ago but it kinda went unanswered.. The real question about the high school situation here is would shane and otis have been able to make it back to their truck otherwise? they were both almost out of ammo, both injured and carrying heavy bags.. They had a long way to go and the zombies were clearly catching up with them. I think shane was a very desperate man trying to get out of there alive more than anything else, i really dont think he had evil intentions or any malice towards otis. why would he?

Super Moderator

UK
    I Dont know if i agree with what alot of you are saying about shanes psyche, well maybe but not to the extent some of you beleive.

I think thorn made the point a few days ago but it kinda went unanswered.. I think the real question about the high school situation here is would shane and otis have been able to make it back to their truck otherwise? they were both almost out of ammo, both injured and carrying heavy bags.. They had a long way to go and the zombies were clearly catching up with them. I think shane was a very desperate man trying to get out of there alive more than anything else, i really dont think he had evil intentions or any malice towards otis. why would he?
    This is kind of along the lines of where I sit on the issue - a brutal practicality and a brutal loyalty - the practical nature of just being unable to make it to the truck in the circumstances you have explained, and the loyal nature of Shane to Carl (whom he no doubt views in-part as like his own son). Added to the desperation of the situation itself, and you reach a more animalistic state - sacrifice one to save another. If he hadn't, they would have both died and Carl would have most likely died too ... three deaths, as opposed to one ... an extreme solution in an extreme situation - the sort of thing that The Walking Dead comics thrive on, and now we're getting into that kind of thing. Methinks this will make for compulsive viewing!