Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TWD 2x04 "Cherokee Rose" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I agree. Imo that was a good thing, yet also a bad thing for this episode because I saw the Glenn/Maggie situation and the pregnancy situation coming from a mile away. I was kinda hoping for a bit more "off the path" story from the comics.
    Im in a situation where i know whats going to happen but can't remember when. I saw Carls shooting coming but for some reason i wasn't expecting Maggie and Glen to get it on so quick nor the pregnancy thing to come up this early.
    From the opening shot when the rest of the group turn up at the farm i just had a huge grin on my face and for the first time i can imagine how well the storylines are going to work on the tv version. Up until now, i've been pretty cautious about the whole thing working on tv. It is based on a comic afterall. Some things that go on in that comic are just way over the top for tv. The well scene is a perfect example. Thats the sort of thing i would expect in the comic (even though it isn't) and wouldn't bat an eyelid at it. On tv it seems contrived and ridiculous but the payoff was worth it. I haven't laughed out that loud for ages. It was a good example of a gag working unlike the gutting scene in the premiere.
    Up until this episode, I've found some of the dialogue and scenes between the characters to be clunky and completely unnatural. Almost as if a comic book writer was trying to convey what his characters were thinking in a comic book as opposed to actors playing out the scene. I know other people are involved in the writers room but i can't help thinking Kirkman has got his hands all over this which isn't a good thing in my book. Let him chart the path but let the writers and actors create the scenes.
    I've gone from cautiously optimistic to very hopeful of what lies ahead (pun intended).
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Banned User

Aaland
    I actually love the fact that they have not found Sophia, and I hope they never do. Kids disappear all the time in everyday life. This is an apocalyptic world, I think it would be great if they eventually had to move on without her and having to deal with the guilt, what ifs, and always wondering what happened. I have no complaints about the pace, it feels real to me. And never finding the kid would add so much to the atmosphere of the world they now live in. If they find the kid I'm gonna be really disappointed with the direction. Why does there need to be always the happy ending or solution???

Aaland

May contain spoilers!!! Dont read if you live over the pond!!!

ok i may be posting info you may see as a SPOILER... but it cant really be considered so because i have no info as to what will happen this season since ive seen every episode available to the general public. with that said the fates of certain people havent been decided in the show though the comic they were decided.

the fate of characters in the comic book is commonplace and requires going to wikia... shanes fate was decided before carl was shot and before hershels farm. same with the pregnancy thing. now merle and daryl were never in the comic so who knows. i personally like merle because i think it will lead to some action in the next show if he actually shows up or is just a day dream brought up by daryl after falling... CHUPACABRA the next episode could mean daryl comin back or explaining why hershel didnt want rick and his crew near the barn... which may also explain why the wallker was in the well!!! carl with ricks hat is iconic from the comic book as is glenn and maggie getting it on. lets just say i dont think the group will last much longer at the farm because of glenn's actions or that of the possible merle return.

AND THEN I SAY PRISON!!!

but i will leave the rest up to you.

AND FIND THE STUPID LITTLE GIRL OR NOT IM TIRED OF THEM WASTING TIME WITH THIS CRAP!
    Last edited by botc; 07-Nov-2011 at 09:13 PM. Reason: FIND SOPHIA OR NOT!

United States
    From the perscpective of someone who hasn't read the comic, I can only assume that the whole "where's Sophia" thing is only a plot hook to keep the characters stuck at or near the farm; in other words, to keep them NOT moving on to better (or worse) things.

My guess, like someone mentioned before on this thread, is that the scene in which we see Meryl (sneak peek of episode 205) is only a flashback Daryl has as he's half conscious. Then again... hmm.
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 07-Nov-2011 at 04:55 PM. Reason: ed
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

Norway
    I have a lot of things to say aobut the other episodes as well but never got around to it. So I am going to comment on this one first. I like that Daryl goes around looking for Sophia, the exploration aspect is one of my favorite things about the zombie apocalypse genre, looking on how people have lived how they died so on. And you never know what is around next corner making life interesting. I liked this episode its great to see Christians being portrayed as stiff, preachy types who lives the simple life with humility rather than the more common canniball-redneck-rapist-pedophile-bloodshame portrayl. Also I liked how this one was cut compared to last episode, the constant back and fourth between the zombie chase and the parents dialouge in the last episode was grating to say the least. The more laidback tone of this episode was much more calming for the nerves and having Daryl go looking for Sophia is great because we can not know if he lives or dies. I hope Sophia is found soon but I like the story overall. All the actors does such great job showing real emotion and bringing these comic book characters to life. Forgive me for being fanboyish but it is a dream come true to see these characters interact. Which is why I dont care about Merle that much, he is too much movie evil not real enough.

England
    Daryl continues to be the single most awesome character in this show. Absolutely brilliant.

Oh, and I would have told that hot farmer babe to keep her cowboy hat on while I rocked her socks, she looked bang tasty in it.

Trencher, your point about seeing a bit of exploration is spot on mate, I love that sort of stuff in any PA media.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 07-Nov-2011 at 08:11 PM. Reason: more spelling - less drooling over cowboy chicks
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Chasing Prey

Canada
    ok for starters, glenn u bastard. (saw it coming though) and lori, you slut. that is all.

now i see where shane is coming from, he's slowly giving veiled hints as to what his training makes him do.

-- -------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they find a truck load of water in the first episode of this season? Why not go back and get that. :-X

Also, why couldn't they make a noose, hook it around the zombie's neck & haul him out of the well?

And wouldn't the well be contaminated anyway after they get it out? It's not like its going to be automatically purify after the fact.

why didnt t dog just hook the geek's ankle with the crow bar and flip him backwards out of the well?

Aaland

Contains spoilers and some content that twd fans might not want to know

with that said i dont know i think t dogg is still whacked out from the cut. he is kinda the biggest douche in the whole group aside from andrea. and does anyone else think that daryl is gay?

ok on to some other stuff i wish to talk about. in the book dale and andrea get it in! but you really dont see their relationship growing like that. furthermore if you look at rick giving carl his hat that is iconic in the book since carl is seen wearing shortly after rick decides to let him have a gun, and why isnt shane dead? he shouldve been dead back in atlanta??? id really like to know what will become of him in this season. and what about the interaction between daryl and carol in episode 4... is daryl and carol gonna get it in?

i really honestly think that daryl is a gay redneck because he hasnt even once come onto any of the single women in the camp. thoughts feelings?

and what of the zombies in the barn? is this why hershel didnt want them in the barn?

if you are reading this then you suck balls!!! MADE YOU LOOK!!!
    Last edited by botc; 07-Nov-2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: READ SPOILER 3 IF YOU DARE

Chasing Prey

Canada
    daryl doesnt really strike me as gay.......looks like he was gonna get him some andrea when they saw the hanging geek

England
    Botc, you'll burn in Hell for spoiler 3

And Daryl isn't gay, you just want him to be!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Wouldn't that be something, the strongest (I'm not talking muscle capacity) most badass character of the bunch is gay? I highly doubt it.
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

Undisclosed
    I liked it and honestly I think alot of you guys are being really hard on it. No zombie attacks in the episode really, but I think it establishes a period of rest for the group. The next one looks like all hell breaks loose, and it does in the comics at this point as well. I think you need episodes like this to set up the next one or else it gets old after a while.

Nothing wrong with it as far as I can tell. The story is still fine, the acting is fine and so on. Everything is good.

Aaland
    legion haha

Super Moderator

United States
    I was sure Cherokee Rose was going to be the name of a new stripper character.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by botc View Post
    with that said i dont know i think t dogg is still whacked out from the cut. he is kinda the biggest douche in the whole group aside from andrea. and does anyone else think that daryl is gay?

ok on to some other stuff i wish to talk about. in the book dale and andrea get it in! but you really dont see their relationship growing like that. furthermore if you look at rick giving carl his hat that is iconic in the book since carl is seen wearing shortly after rick decides to let him have a gun, and why isnt shane dead? he shouldve been dead back in atlanta??? id really like to know what will become of him in this season. and what about the interaction between daryl and carol in episode 4... is daryl and carol gonna get it in?

i really honestly think that daryl is a gay redneck because he hasnt even once come onto any of the single women in the camp. thoughts feelings?

and what of the zombies in the barn? is this why hershel didnt want them in the barn?

if you are reading this then you suck balls!!! MADE YOU LOOK!!!
    lol @ spoiler #3...pretty damn funny!