Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story (TV series)

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, I'd say this show is seriously has the most adult situations I've ever witnessed in a show. It's ridiculous and at times I almost feel like I'm watching late night Cinemax.

I think a lot of people that don't like the show go into it wishing for more, like Miles said, Poltergeist and Amityville Horror. It's more about the characters of the ghosts, themselves, than haunting going on, I suppose. At times some characters seem like they'd fit in on Twin Peaks or something.

The burnt man is easily my favorite character. Him handling that "situation" for Hayden was pretty awesome, the way they played it out.

Ireland
    Yeh, I think the childish titillation is bloody silly at times and it gets really tiresome. But, it's a problem with a lot of these new "gritty" dramas that are showing up on US TV. It's very formulaic and 'American Horror Story' is falling head first into this problem.

Drama
    Shock
    Tits
    Drama
    F*cking
    Tits
    More tits
    Drama
    Cliffhamger...

...Tits
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Yeh, I think the childish titillation is bloody silly at times and it gets really tiresome. But, it's a problem with a lot of these new "gritty" dramas that are showing up on US TV. It's very formulaic and 'American Horror Story' is falling head first into this problem.

Drama
    Shock
    Tits
    Drama
    F*cking
    Tits
    More tits
    Drama
    Cliffhamger...

...Tits
    you forgot to throw in "gratitous tight asses in jeans/shorts/bikini bottoms"

that fills out the list.
    Last edited by Mike70; 09-Dec-2011 at 01:41 AM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Come on, I like the TV show. It's not really scary but I like getting the backstory for the ghosts and how each episode starts with a flashback that adds to the series.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    you forgot to throw in "gratitous tight asses in jeans/shorts/bikini bottoms"

that fills out the list.
    Cheers Mike, I know I was leaving something out.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Cheers Mike, I know I was leaving something out.

dammit. i just realized i spelled "gratuitous" incorrectly. i HATE when i don't catch that kind of stuff.
    Last edited by Mike70; 09-Dec-2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    i'd go as far to say that Taissa Farmiga's character Violet (the daughter) is one of the best female characters in any horror based movie or TV show, pretty much ever. She's brilliant - in the first episode her character was just so ballsy, such a refreshing thing to see a female character straight away confront her bullies and start a fight with them. Literally taking no bullshit.

So many cliched little girl characters who let the world shit all over them to advance the narrative around their journey to strength - AHS hasn't gone down that route, instead providing us with a character who is just straight up awesome and doesn't take any shit. Pretty rare when you think about it.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, Violet is pretty awesome. I hope she wises up and fucks over Tate somehow. I had a feeling that huge reveal last week was going to be what it was. My girlfriend was blown away, though.

Also, is anyone else bummed that the burnt man is gone now? He was probably my favorite character.

And like Mr.G said - I don't think this show is scary at all, but I love the plot lines that are taking place and some of the scenes of gore are pretty cool.

Ireland
    Yeh, the burnt guy was deadly. Some great makeup on his wife and kids in the last ep.

Twitching

Undisclosed

Drama
    Shock
    Tits
    Drama
    F*cking
    Tits
    More tits
    Drama
    Cliffhamger...

...Tits
    Unless they're airing a different version in Ireland, I think you're confusing "tits" with "male butts." They warn that the show contains nudity, but that's all I've noticed so far.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Administrator

England
    Three episodes in... Enjoying it, but can't see how it's going to last with the characters all nose diving deeper and deeper into this nightmare existance!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Unless they're airing a different version in Ireland, I think you're confusing "tits" with "male butts." They warn that the show contains nudity, but that's all I've noticed so far.
    LOL, my response as well. How the hell was I missing all the alleged tit shots?

Ireland
    It was more a remark about "HBO" type tv shows in general. Not necessarily 'American Horror Story'.

It's the gratuitous sex scenes that pervade most adult US TV shows that I'm finding a bit tiresome to be honest. 'True Blood' being a prime example of this type of titillation.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the odd bit of flesh every now and then, but when it's on screen just for the sake of it, it becomes tedious.

Replace "tits" with "screwing" and you'll get the idea.

United States
    For some reason, I like to keep the tits and sex separate from horror.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    A heart warming scene ends the penultimate episode there's some emotional music to close and the stupid fucking wankers ADVERTISE OVER THEM!
    It isn't the best horror series but I am enjoying it as it reminds me of films like Burnt Offerings and The Shining.