Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else watch 11:11.11 11-11-11 tick by?

Administrator

England

Anyone else watch 11:11.11 11-11-11 tick by?

I did... But then I'm sad!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Nope, just a time of day. the earths still spinning. only time of note that got my attention was the millennium. even then its an arbitrary number associate with the earths rotation cycle. I've never associated the time with any sort of major significance or mysticism. I get its mildly interesting that the human race achieved a get of temporal doubles, but it was 11:11:11 for another country before us and another after us but it wasn't suddenly special where it was that time zone.

But thats like the folks who predict rapture at a specific time. one mans 6am is anothers 4pm y'know?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I did... But then I'm sad!
    Nope - cos I forgot.

However I did specifically observe the 2 minute silence at 11am.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Was something supposed to happen? Some crackpot yet again predict the wrong end of days or something?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Nope, just a time of day. the earths still spinning. only time of note that got my attention was the millennium. even then its an arbitrary number associate with the earths rotation cycle. I've never associated the time with any sort of major significance or mysticism. I get its mildly interesting that the human race achieved a get of temporal doubles, but it was 11:11:11 for another country before us and another after us but it wasn't suddenly special where it was that time zone.

But thats like the folks who predict rapture at a specific time. one mans 6am is anothers 4pm y'know?
    Remembers to tell all Danny's friends and family that Danny's b-dauyis just an arbitrary number
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Hasn't happened yet for me. The main number I occasionally keep track of is 4:20...
    But I'll try to remember to keep an eye out for this one just for poos and giggles.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Remembers to tell all Danny's friends and family that Danny's b-dauyis just an arbitrary number
    i dont celebrate my birthday dude, managing to eat and breath for another 365 days aint exactly an achievement.

United States
    Oh, come on... everyone knows that God always works on Eastern Standard Time!

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Was something supposed to happen? Some crackpot yet again predict the wrong end of days or something?
    no. that's when the Great War aka WWI ended. at 11:00 am on 11 Nov 1918.

neil is just fascinated by eleventh hour, eleventh minute, eleventh second of the eleventh month of the eleventh year of this century.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    usual end of the world bollocks, the egyptian government actually closed the pyramids because 'some shady group was planning occult activities in there or something.

Super Moderator

UK
    i dont celebrate my birthday dude, managing to eat and breath for another 365 days aint exactly an achievement.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

technically speaking the point is not taking it as seriously as others. 3/10 for misappropriated image. shamefrur dishpray.

Super Moderator

UK
    technically speaking the point is not taking it as seriously as others. 3/10 for misappropriated image. shamefrur dishpray.
    I think you just made the cheeky image doubly-appropriate.

United States
    Nah, wasn't really interested in 11/11/11 or 11:11.11..

33, however, now there is a magic number. Keep an eye out for it - it appears everywhere.

Super Moderator

UK
    Everyone was supposed to get a blowie at that precise moment, but only if they were paying attention at the exact second ... did you not get the mass email & text? Oh well, billions of emails and texts, the odd one's bound to get lost in t'interweb t'ether t'in't'it?

Nevermind - next year it's 12:12.12 12-12-12!

But if you suddenly find yourself looking at 13:13.13 13-13-13, then you're in trouble.

-- -------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Nah, wasn't really interested in 11/11/11 or 11:11.11..

33, however, now there is a magic number. Keep an eye out for it - it appears everywhere.
    What about 69?