Thread: The Talking Dead

United States

The Talking Dead

This talk show as you know follows each new episode of The Walking Dead on AMC. I'll admit that it is somewhat interesting as the host and his quests are commenting on the Walking Dead episode that just aired, but in so many ways it seems half-assed in its approach. Having guests that are directly involved with TWD's production, make-up, script, etc. makes perfect sense and I welcome that. What I find odd is that they will usually have some random class B or C comedian as one of the guests sitting next to some nobody that just happened to be walking by the studio when they dragged him or her in. There's so many better guests that they could invite onto the show that are directly involved with zombie/horror flicks (GAR, Savini, Snyder, etc.), but for some reason, they do not.

In the segment briefs such as "episode kill count" or "episode facts" (paraphrased), notice the background. It looks like the exact same black scuffed background used on HPotD. Did they borrow the look from this site?

Oh, and pardon me for saying, but the host's adams apple is just f'ing weird to look at. Someone should slap that thing with a rolled up newspaper before it jumps off his neck and kills some poor innocent bystander!
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 12-Nov-2011 at 12:36 AM. Reason: ed
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...quot-chat-show

For a live show that's only a few episodes in, I think they're doing a decent job. I expected much worse. They've had plenty of folks from the show(Kirkman, Yeun, Cohan, Hurd, etc), but the guests are meant to be fans of the show/comics, which they all seem to be so far. Hardwick makes it enjoyable, imo. Nothing groundbreaking, but a decent watch.

My wife complains about Hardwick's Adam's Apple too, btw.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wow, if that doesn't prove that the hormones they put in our food is affecting us...

I'm not that old yet I can remember a time when alot of grown men I met had an adam's apple. Where'd they all go? It's the same reason young teen girls develop way before their time. I swear I stopped eating most fast food because of it....

Anyway, back on topic, (What me go off topic? Nooooooooo?) The show is decent enough to where they might bring up one or two decent points but the rest of it comes off as tounge in cheek.

I can also remember a day when I was an Uber geek for having all the zombie knowledge I do. However, zombies have become so mainstream that now I'm the cool one at the party for being able to credibly discuss them at length. Go figure.

Oh and wassup peeps?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"