Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: TWD 2x05 "Chupacabra" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

England
    Theres also the possibilty that Herschel has encountered other survivors and maybe his approach to the walkers didn't go down too well that time.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post

I thought the same thing. In the bottom photo it looks like she has boobs, and a bra strap.

As to the differences between the comic and TV show- it's the same type of thing that happens when they turn a Stephen King novel into a film. When you're reading a graphic novel like TWD, you have stills that convey bits of the imagery relating to the scene. Your mind fills in the rest. When you see it on film like the TV show, your mind doesn't fill in the blanks because it's already created for you. This leads to a big disconnect between the way you saw it in your mind and the way it's depicted on film. For obvious reasons, it's impossible for filmmakers to give you what you saw in your mind while reading the comics.
    So you have 2 choices. You can watch and appreciate the series for what it is(an adaptation of the graphic novels). Or you can continue to watch and be dissapointed for what it IS NOT(a frame by frame recreation of a story you already know in it's entirety). Personally, I'd rather enjoy the show and disregard the differences.
    I could not agree more, not sure what it had to do with my spoiler tag exactly but your thoughts on the subject are spot on. As a person who worked in the comic boo kindustry, I have waited a long time to see a number of these characters portrayed in film (or television) and it will never live up to your expectations because as stated what you can create in your own mind no one can recreate it is THEIR vision, what they saw in their mind twisted by budget, script treatments, producers, advertisers, bean counters, and the actors and directors own vision. It is just not possible to see anything as you read it, what you can do is appreciate what something is and allow it to stand on it's own merit and hope it stays true to the source material as much as possible if not in letter in spirit.

United States
    did anyone notice when Daryl is laying on the ground talking to Merle, Daryl has dirt all over his face, lips and chin, then it cuts to Merle and back to a Daryl close up and the dirt and grime is gone, then it cuts back to Merle then back to Daryls close up again and the dirt and grime is all back on his face and chin..
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I could not agree more, not sure what it had to do with my spoiler tag exactly but your thoughts on the subject are spot on.
    Haha. I just commented on your spoiler tag underneath it in my own spoiler tag to keep it spoiler free. The part about the comic and show differences was meant to be totally seperate.
    I'd also add that directors try not to "over-direct" things. They have to allow some creative freedom for the writers and actors otherwise you end with something that feels totally scripted like newscasters reading from a cue card. This leads to differences from what you read and what you see. When reading a comic, emotions are conveyed through a static facial pose in order to convey a general idea. When you have that same scene acted out in live action, it changes it completely. Those emotions are then conveyed by what needs to feel like a real act. IMO, this has alot more to do with many of the changes in the show than people realize. Some things had to be removed in order to keep a good pace. Which also means minor things have to be added to make up for the things removed, and in order to intertwine the elements that were added in later. You have to consider that what might take 2 panels to convey in a comic book may take 5-10 minutes to convey in live action. Then there's the idea that alot of people who like the show haven't read the comics. This means that the show has to keep a pace that keeps those people interested because they don't have a general idea of where things are going like fans of the comics do. Fans of the comics are waiting to see specific things, those who haven't read the comics are basing everything on what they see from week to week.
    There's MANY reasons why everything that was in the comics wouldn't work on the show. So if that's something that people can't understand or allow then they might as well just quit watching.

-- -------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Snack View Post
    did anyone notice when Daryl is laying on the ground talking to Merle, Daryl has dirt all over his face, lips and chin, then it cuts to Merle and back to a Daryl close up and the dirt and grime is gone, then it cuts back to Merle then back to Daryls close up again and the dirt and grime is all back on his face and chin..
    Just a little problem with continuity, it happens. Nothing that ruins it for you I hope.