Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TWD 2x06 "Secrets" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    It is hard because often these things come in conflict with each other. FOR ME personally I do not see this one farm as a place where I would sell out who I am, alter all that I feel is right, sacrifice my morals to take what I want because I feel it is best for me and my group.
    That's sort of the thing...it's just not worth it. If it was really an all or nothing we stay or my family dies scenario, sure you can only fault a man so much for trying to protect his family, but I just don't buy the limited choices presented in this case. In short, I agree with your points on this Thorn with the caveat that many, many people are realistically going to kill for their children past a certain point...I just don't see this as a realistic breaking point.

And as far as Hershel...hell, he's just gone a bit strange over the whole topic of the undead...but how many people aren't going to get a little strange at some point or develop their own particular sacred cows during the apocalypse?

Bottom line, no I do not just shoot the old man in the face, execute his family, burn the barn to the ground and declare myself king of the farm.
    But we made a sign!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Good episode, and glad they closed some of the loop holes that have been lingering in the storyline.

-Rick knows about Shane & Lori, although his reaction to the news doesn't seem very realistic. Might be interesting when he conforts Shane about it though.

-Dale finally mentions the weirdness regarding Shane's story about Otis, although I think he's not very bright in confronting Shane about it so directly and so soon. Shane being Shane, he'll find the first opportunity for Dale to "die heroically" exactly like Otis did. I think Dale should have talked to e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e else first regarding his suspicions about Shane's character BEFORE confronting Shane. This way, if Shane ever tried to bump him off, everyone else would at least know who to blame and why.

-TARGET PRACTICE? Really? They have enough ammo for Shane to run target practice sessions?? Did I miss the trip to the gunshop or was there crap loads of ammunition right next to the condoms at the pharmacy?

I don't know about you, but after finding out that there's a horde of zombies in the barn, I wouldn't be sleeping very well on the farm at night. The shyte is gonna hit the fan really really soon I think. Time for the group to pack their bags!
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 21-Nov-2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: ed
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarr View Post

-Rick knows about Shane & Lori, although his reaction to the news doesn't seem very realistic.
    I don't really have a problem with how Rick initially handled the news. I think hes a bit in shock over it, probably a bit in denial or a process of trying to swallow the emotions he's dealing with. I'm sure he feels responsible for everyone (as seems to be his M.O.) and knows both his marriage and the group as a whole are on delicate ground and pushing too much could destroy everything and literally put peoples lives at risk.

I would not be surprised if a scowly Rick, on the edge of violence, emotionally growls out an admission of how "hard it's been to deal with" knowing Shane has lain with Lori in a biblical sense, at some point in the not too distant future.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarr View Post
    Good episode, and glad they closed some of the loop holes that have been lingering in the storyline.

-Rick knows about Shane & Lori, although his reaction to the news doesn't seem very realistic. Might be interesting when he conforts Shane about it though.

i'd bet shane told rick about it on their long talk that rick strongly insinuated to lori which is why he wasnt pissed cuz everyone thought he was dead

England
    Rick had suspected it anyway. TBH i would probably react similarly. I would be deeply hurt but would understand.
    Loved the "last stand" discovery in the house and the boarding up of the hallway. Also the discussion of the last broadcasts with Dale. The acting was great all around in this episode. Im in zombie apocalypse nirvana with this show.

Did anyone else notice the guy standing outside the pharmacy having a smoke during the Glenn and Maggie walker attack?

The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Chasing Prey

Canada
    was it a platoon of army guys? it looked like fatigues they had on

England
    Another very enjoyable episode, only just watched it so I am absorbing what I saw, but yeah, loads of good stuff happening in this one, as a few others have said, it feels like we did a lot of moving on in this one.

Ironically, this is the second to last episode of the year isn't it?

Edit: Anybody think well maintained and possibly beefed up RV's are the way to go in this universe? (so long as you can run them), seems WD walkers don't have "psycic abilities" like GARs shamblers, so simply being quiet and keeping a low profile seems to be a good, solid survival strategy in this universe.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 21-Nov-2011 at 10:06 PM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    I found it interesting when Daryl told Andrea that the next time she shoots him he better be dead.

Foreshadowing perhaps?
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Edit: Anybody think well maintained and possibly beefed up RV's are the way to go in this universe? (so long as you can run them), seems WD walkers don't have "psycic abilities" like GARs shamblers, so simply being quiet and keeping a low profile seems to be a good, solid survival strategy in this universe.
    The RV was the reason they stopped in the first place. Besides the old thing needing alot of maintenance...I was thinking it was sorta big(hard to maneuver). A newer one MIGHT be a good base of operations but you still run into the issue of it being too big and not to mention difficult to find because of the lack of people able to afford one makes them somewhat harder to find.

Update: With all the abandoned cars on the freeway/interstate they might not be hard to find at all.
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 22-Nov-2011 at 02:15 AM. Reason: ...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    That's sort of the thing...it's just not worth it. If it was really an all or nothing we stay or my family dies scenario, sure you can only fault a man so much for trying to protect his family, but I just don't buy the limited choices presented in this case. In short, I agree with your points on this Thorn with the caveat that many, many people are realistically going to kill for their children past a certain point...I just don't see this as a realistic breaking point.

And as far as Hershel...hell, he's just gone a bit strange over the whole topic of the undead...but how many people aren't going to get a little strange at some point or develop their own particular sacred cows during the apocalypse?

But we made a sign!

ROFL! Oh king eh very nice... and how'd you get that then? By exploitin' the workers!

No but really it was funny to watch the Talking Dead and see this as a poll and the host and guess all react wit ha laugh when this scored so high as an option, but we know how technically accurate internet polls are

Usually I pick the most entertaining answer and go with that.

Meh, either way an amazing episode and to me that is what is most important, I agree too about wasting bullets as an issue, how do you justify that long term. Training more able bodies to defend your group with guns, but you are decreasing your ability to do so by burning ammo. That is a tough call... I guess you can always get more ammo but if you cant defend yourself you might not get that chance

I dunno that is a hard one.

-- -------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Rick had suspected it anyway. TBH i would probably react similarly. I would be deeply hurt but would understand.
    Loved the "last stand" discovery in the house and the boarding up of the hallway. Also the discussion of the last broadcasts with Dale. The acting was great all around in this episode. Im in zombie apocalypse nirvana with this show.

Did anyone else notice the guy standing outside the pharmacy having a smoke during the Glenn and Maggie walker attack?

I noticed the guy, I thought it was a walker.
    Last edited by Thorn; 22-Nov-2011 at 02:35 AM. Reason: stuff.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    herschel is not crazy. he seems be one of those people who'd rather "leave things like they are", i think he took issue with maggie and glenn getting close because...well....its pretty obvious....look at glenn.
    It is obvious that he does not believe in miscegenation because he referred to Glenn as "that asian boy". T Dog knows what is going on which is why he is always staying far away from the house and hanging out with Dale. Herschel would have had no problem if it was Dale making the beast with 2 backs with Maggie.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    is there a glitch in this episode? cuz i coulda swore shane was doing the target shooting with andrea in the last episode? sorry.....deja vu all to hell

-- -------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    It is obvious that he does not believe in miscegenation because he referred to Glenn as "that asian boy". T Dog knows what is going on which is why he is always staying far away from the house and hanging out with Dale. Herschel would have had no problem if it was Dale making the beast with 2 backs with Maggie.
    beast with 2 backs? hilarious lol. yea its funny aint it? thats how it is here. a girl i know married a guy 10 years older than us.......yea....if it was me, her parents woulda had a cow but we're the same age

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post

I don't know if I'm just not seeing it or if you guys are joking. But all I see is a horse. It looks sort of like a guy with a jacket on and a fur hat. But if you look real close it's actually just the horses head. What looks like the pocket on a guys jacket is really the horses eye, and what looks like a guys white shirt is really the stripe down the front of the horses head.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    I don't know if I'm just not seeing it or if you guys are joking. But all I see is a horse. It looks sort of like a guy with a jacket on and a fur hat. But if you look real close it's actually just the horses head. What looks like the pocket on a guys jacket is really the horses eye, and what looks like a guys white shirt is really the stripe down the front of the horses head.
    just bad camera angle,bro

Dead

United States
    I have the episode on my computer and went back through to see if I could see it. That still is from 00:25:43, but at 00:25:40 you can see the horse from a slightly different angle.