Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What did Dr. Jenner tell Rick?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    is it me or have some posts disappeared from this thread??
    Seems to happen a bit these days

Super Moderator

United States
    Not aware or detecting any sign of posts being deleted. If someone actually recollects their own post disappearing, let me know by PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They've been "put down". As Jenner would say, they were only Test Subjects....

Ireland
    Nah...they "opted out"
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    I watched the episode again and I am pretty sure he said "I am not really a scientist, but I did stay at a holiday express last night".

Fresh Meat

Aaland

Exclamation Posted already but here's what he said.

Think, zombies, dead walking and attacking, less people each day, what could possibly be worse? In the case of infectious disease there is one thing that scares every single scientist in the world...so Jenner said! "Rick there will be a time you regret this (the decision to leave), we stripped and profiled the disease's DNA and learned it's only a matter of time before it's "AIRBORNE" as a pathogen, there's no cure, there's no hope"! NOTE to READERS: This would mean all you would have to do is breathe the morning air and your now a zombie, it would pass most filters as well in buildings, it's an ELE for human kind (extinction level event)!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    I watched the episode again and I am pretty sure he said "I am not really a scientist, but I did stay at a holiday express last night".
    congrats, man. you just made my signature.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    I think he said that the other cdc employees didn't kill themselves or leave, but that they went into quarenteen or into a safe zone with the gov, I know that's not in line with the comics story, but in the first episode we saw a helicopter, and in this last one we saw a plane, so I think they're going to go in different direction than the comic in this regard.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by swailsrda View Post
    I think he said that the other cdc employees didn't kill themselves or leave, but that they went into quarenteen or into a safe zone with the gov, I know that's not in line with the comics story, but in the first episode we saw a helicopter, and in this last one we saw a plane, so I think they're going to go in different direction than the comic in this regard.
    That would be pretty cool: "...and they're dangerous"

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Ive said it before and ill say it again, their gonna pull a dallas on us

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    I think its that everyone who dies becomes a walker weather they were bitten or not. Thats why Rick shot the fat guy in the bar in the head even though he was already dead. He wanted to stop him from becomming a walker.

United States
    I don't think the BIG HUGE NEWS is anything as mundane as "Lori's knocked up" or "all the dead get up and kill". It's got to be bigger than that, something the viewer can't see for himself with his eyes closed.

United States
    "I have always loved you..."

Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    All right listen up. I think it was either one of two things. They have already been mentioned, but I will go into detail. It was obviously disastrous news, because Rick held back from telling Morgan. He wouldn't have even attempted to tell Morgan if it was something personal like, "Shane has boned your wife" "Or your wife is pregnant". Jenner either said:

1. Everyone is infected and when they die their immune system shuts down and the disease takes over. Direct ingestion of the virus into the bloodstream rapidly speeds up the process. That's why Jenner was testing their blood, to see if anyone WASN'T infected, or immune. He wanted to be thorough.

Rick shooting the fat guy (I say fat guy because no one remembers his name) in the head after once in the abdomen and also in the heart is an indicator.

The security guards puzzle me though. Clearly that is another indicator, otherwise that wouldn't have been mentioned. Jenner obviously didn't tell Rick that scratches can infect you, because Rick knew that before the CDC. But that was actually just a guess on Rick's part. We have no concrete evidence that scratches do indeed quicken the transformation.

I think that Rick was just taking precautions early in the show when he feared scratches causing infection (as far as we know from what we've seen, the virus is transmitted through the saliva) . And after Jenner told him that the virus has infected everyone, he had to make up the scratch-excuse to Shane in order to prevent panic. The guards had died due to something else, and after death and the shutting down of their immune system the virus had taken control and they transformed into zombies.

2. The virus was created by us for warlike purposes and it got out of control (somehow, there are a million possibilities how that could happen) before we could develop a cure.

England
    Actually, the security guards are more worrying the more you think about them, they didn't look starved or injured in any way, they were just dead-then-revived as walkers. Like they just went to sleep one night and boom...they wake up dead.

I don't buy the scrathces can cause it theory, these people are banged up and scratched up every episode within the vicinity of walkers, dead walkers, dead people etc.

Something else is going on, something...unpleasant.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon