Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What did Dr. Jenner tell Rick?

United States

What did Dr. Jenner tell Rick?

This thread is for the purpose of discussing what you think Jenner told Rick - something I think if we don't find out on Sunday night for the mid-season finale we won't find out until the end of the season.

If I was to wager a guess it would either be something about Shane ("You need to watch out for that one") or perhaps where the last transmission he received was from (i.e. "The last transmission was from X so many days ago").

What do you think?

j.p.
    Last edited by JDFP; 25-Nov-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: yes
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Ireland
    He may have said the he saw Shane and Lori "together" on the CC-TV.

I thought, like most, that it was "Yer wife's got a bun in the oven", but apparently it wasn't as evidenced by Rick's reaction.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I can't seem to find the interview now but Kirkman said that he didn't tell him about the pregnancy and when they reveal what he said, it will be "huge".

I'm beginning to think there was nothing scripted and they're trying still to come up with something....

United States
    my guess was on the pregnancy thing, but since that's obviously not it, i'm kinda stumped. maybe jenner did see shane going after lori in the rec room, but ric's reaction was a bit off if that's the case. iirc, ric was really taken back by what jenner said and looked floored by the revelation.

here's hoping we find out this weekend and don't have to wait till february. kinda shitty if they did make us wait too much longer since they blatantly brought it up in the first 5 minutes of this season's opener.

Administrator

England

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Just imagine that...

It has to be something to do with the blood samples he took.
    Kill 'em All

United States
    "You have been ruled out as Carl's genetic father"
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "I've been very lonely down here and you are a very attractive man. Whadda ya say?"

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    "i've been very lonely down here and you are a very attractive man. Whadda ya say?"
    lol!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Twitching

United States
    Here's an out-there theory,
    Infants are born missing a great many antibodies that they soon pick up from their mother's breast milk. In the real, non-apocalyptic world babies who are never breast-fed are more likely to be colicky and (in bygone days) prone to Whooping Cough. With that in mind, what if Jenner discovered from his experiments/gathered data that the pathogen responsible for creating Walkers is airborne, but in minute quantities that don't affect people. Yet those small quantities COULD effect any children born post-zombie apocalypse?

In effect, Jenner telling Rick that day-to-day survival is completely moot, because humanity ends with the current generation due to no new offspring surviving.

I know, it's completely unsupported as theories go, but it IS the kind of thing that (assuming he knew it to be so) Jenner might tell Rick to try and persuade him that he (Jenner) is right to let his life end in the CDC explosion because there's no future for humanity anyways.

What do you all think? Keeping in mind I don't BELIEVE this to be the case, merely a possibility.

Super Moderator

UK
    Interesting theory Wyld, but I don't think it's workable - there would be little point in surviving for any of them. There needs to be a reason to survive.

I think the most suitable theory so far has been Jenner seeing what Shane did via CCTV ... or it could be something entirely different. Ooh, I wanna know what it was that he said so bad!

England
    I think Wyld's got it. That sort of revelation would be devastating to the general audience. There's so few people left that humanity's screwed anyway, so why not?
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I think the most suitable theory so far has been Jenner seeing what Shane did via CCTV ... or it could be something entirely different. Ooh, I wanna know what it was that he said so bad!
    More suitable than mine?!

Id love to see the fans reaction if i was right!!

United States
    As long as it wasn't that Rick was immune, or that there was evidence of super zombies in japan... I am going to be okay with it I imagine.

United States
    I wanna know what he said too, Wyld's example would change everything, wow..thats really the end, sounds awesome. Rick sure did take it in stride if it was about Shane and his whorey wife.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.