Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What did Dr. Jenner tell Rick?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Actually, the security guards are more worrying the more you think about them, they didn't look starved or injured in any way, they were just dead-then-revived as walkers. Like they just went to sleep one night and boom...they wake up dead.
    When they made mention of it in the episode I was wondering how cool it would have been to revisit the idea of dead matter in the water supply. It would have been pretty cool for Shane or Rick to be guzzling away at some reclaimed water from site during the conversation and stop mid gulp as they realize what might have caused the seemingly unharmed officers to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Bard the Bowman View Post
    Rick held back from telling Morgan. He wouldn't have even attempted to tell Morgan if it was something personal like, "Shane has boned your wife" "Or your wife is pregnant".
    Welcome, Bard. Very good idea to return to Rick's season 2 opening walkie talkie shout out to Morgan...to be honest that seems like ages ago and is worth considering.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Aaland
    Actually, the security guards are more worrying the more you think about them, they didn't look starved or injured in any way, they were just dead-then-revived as walkers. Like they just went to sleep one night and boom...they wake up dead.

I don't buy the scrathces can cause it theory, these people are banged up and scratched up every episode within the vicinity of walkers, dead walkers, dead people etc.

Something else is going on, something...unpleasant.
    Like I posted just a second ago (and I've thought a bit about)...is the way Jenner worded it.

Something like "You don't have to be bitten to end up this way"

Even though the writer tried to explain away the dead people in the cars...that would explain why some of them weren't.

Something like "Not everyone who came back this way was bitten"...or "It's an airborn disease and can affect the living" or something like that.

I have a feeling it will be spelled out as we are guessing where "everyone" is the term used.

England
    I totally forgot my manners there...welcome to the forum "Bungi43" and "Bard"
    Last edited by Legion2213; 07-Mar-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Aaland
    Thanks. Been lurking here for about a month now when I had downtime at work. Signed up today when I had a few. Really huge fan of the show and comic.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    No worries but thanks.

It seemed to me like when Rick was explaining how the guards were turned, he was clutching at straws. Shane sure didn't seem to buy it. And how many of the walkers have scratches just because they are heedless of their own safety? All of them. They're always getting scratched up. Shane was doubtful of that and so am I. To immediately affect someone (as far as we know) the infected saliva has to be ingested. Granted there could be an airborne pathogen or such that they all are carrying, but are strong enough to resist, until their body shuts down completely, and the illness takes control.

Now I don't want to start an argument. I'll just ask a question. Rick seemed completely blown away and overwhelmed when Jenner told him. If he had stated vaguely something like, "be careful of more than just bites," Rick I think would have just assumed he was referring to scratches and contact with walkers and things like that. This he was already aware so I'm not sure how astounded he would be. What do you guys think?

I think Jenner told him about everyone being infected and all will become walking dead. I have no proof obviously, but I am dying to find out. I really hope they reveal it before the end of this season, otherwise I'll go crazy.
    Last edited by Bard the Bowman; 08-Mar-2012 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Typo

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Bard the Bowman View Post
    No worries but thanks.

It seemed to me like when Rick was explaining how the guards were turned, he was clutching at straws. Shane sure didn't seem to buy it. And how many of the walkers have scratches just because they are heedless of their own safety? All of them. They're always getting scratched up. Shane was doubtful of that and so am I. To immediately affect someone (as far as we know) the infected saliva has to be ingested. Granted there could be an airborne pathogen or such that they all are carrying, but are strong enough to resist, until their body shuts down completely, and the illness takes control.

Now I don't want to start an argument. I'll just ask a question. Rick seemed completely blown away and overwhelmed when Jenner told him. If he had stated vaguely something like, "be careful of more than just bites," Rick I think would have just assumed he was referring to scratches and contact with walkers and things like that. This he was already aware so I'm not sure how astounded he would be. What do you guys think?

I think Jenner told him about everyone being infected and all will become walking dead. I have no proof obviously, but I am dying to find out. I really hope they reveal it before the end of this season, otherwise I'll go crazy.
    You mean like this?

And welcome to the forums btw

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Thanks Andy.

Yeah it could be like the picture there. Is it just me or does it look like Rick is grateful to Jenner when he tells Rick the secret? Overwhelmed and flabbergasted and despairing, but still grateful. This theory would fit in best with that viewpoint, as opposed to the man-made virus theory.

If Jenner told Rick, "we are the walking dead. The virus has affected everyone and we all turn when we die, no matter what," then Rick would be at a loss, but still grateful for the information, as it would be invaluable.

If Jenner told Rick, "the disease is a biological weapon out of control. We never were able to generate a cure," then I think Rick might be shocked but more angry and bitter and not seemingly thankful for the knowledge. Both theories fit nicely into Rick's radio message to Morgan, but the biological warfare one falls short with Rick's gratitude.

It's tough to tell if he's grateful for Jenner's secret or just carrying over from his thankfulness at being allowed out of the room. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Bard the Bowman; 08-Mar-2012 at 07:46 AM. Reason: typo