Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TWD 2x07 "Pretty Much Dead Already" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Only thing that worries me about the 2nd half after watching the "coming this season" bit at the end of the show is that it turns from "the hunt for Sophia" to "the hunt for Herschel". Please don't let it be true
    Urgh, I didn't get that bit (downloaded my copy), but seriously, that just sounds horribly lame.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Urgh, I didn't get that bit (downloaded my copy), but seriously, that just sounds horribly lame.
    Here you go

The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Here you go

I totally just Randy Marshed ... *shivers* mmm, yeah.

Hopefully it doesn't become a drawn-out thing finding Herschel ... but I trust that they realise that from the whole Sophia thing, which was drawn out too much (even if it was just over a week in plot time, it was 7 weeks in our time) ... besides, episode previews have suggested different things in the past. Remember a couple of weeks ago when it appeared that Daryl had a fight with Merle and returned 'zombie like' to the farm? Well that went in a bit of a different direction to what the preview suggested ... so I'd hope that it's not a huge thing, but it also kind of makes sense in a way too - a crisis of faith for Herschel ... but it would be wise to not turn it into some massive long-winded search.

That said, one ingredient amidst many doesn't ruin the whole show ... while the Sophia hunt was drawn out too long (or not covered with enough tangible possibility for her nearly being found), this half-season has been spiffing.

One thing though - if it was Otis who found 'Zophia' (see what I did there ), then he did so quite early on in that week in which she was missing ... so who ate the can of Tuna in the farm house and who was hiding in the cupboard? I suppose it doesn't really matter, it could have been from the very first night that she was missing, and then maybe the day after she was bitten, only to be found not too long after by Otis.

Anyone else get a little fanboy chill of Day of the Dead when they were leading the zombies around with those poles?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    One thing though - if it was Otis who found 'Zophia' (see what I did there ), then he did so quite early on in that week in which she was missing ... so who ate the can of Tuna in the farm house and who was hiding in the cupboard?
    First person I thought of...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    hehe, oh that tricksy creeper...

Just watching that final sequence again and man - excellent acting, writing, and directing (it really is quite the moving scene, exactly as sombre and chilling as it should be) - it's interesting to see the switch in both Rick and Shane. Prior to this moment, Shane has become the person who says 'oh come on, Sophia's probably dead by now', but when actually faced with the sight of Sophia dead and walking around, the part of him that isn't so dark recognises the reality in that statement ... meanwhile Rick has been saying 'I'm not going to leave her out there' all this time, believing her to still be alive, and then when faced with 'Zophia' he has to switch to the harsh resolve of the situation to put her down. Deeply nuanced, to say the least.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 28-Nov-2011 at 06:12 PM.

England
    That guy is a bullshitter, this happened for real in Japan though.

-- -------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Here you go

People digging graves, that's gotta be a good omen (last time somebody did that in this show there was a joyous masacre, zombies getting their arms shot off and other good stuff).

The Hershcell search cannot take up more than one episode though, they can't do the same "searchin' fer folks" stuff again for another few episodes, they just can't.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Wow, how did I miss that? I must have resisted reading a linked article or something. Was it an article or from somewhere else, Bass?
    I posted a link to that picture I found on a Belgian forum some time ago. Hid it in spoiler tags + wrote a warning not to open the link if you didn't wish to be spoiled.
    (episode 5 discussion)

That being said: many of you had already guessed it and, honestly, it wasn't that much of a surprise now was it?
    Last edited by krisvds; 28-Nov-2011 at 06:34 PM. Reason: .

England
    **MESSAGE FROM MOD: PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH SPOILERS. PEOPLE MAY NOT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE NEXT EPISODE. PLEASE!!! **

The good news is at 8 secs in that video you can clearly see a group of walkers on the farm.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    I posted a link to that picture I found on a Belgian forum some time ago. Hid it in spoiler tags + wrote a warning not to open the link if you didn't wish to be spoiled.
    Now, I remember. Thank you for being so diligent with the warning, because I recall passing it by without clicking

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England

The good news is at 8 secs in that video you can clearly see a group of walkers on the farm.
    I said that Shane & Andrea's little trip to the housing estate would bring the hammer down...A pound to a penny that they are from there...probably aided in finding the farm by the barn masacre as well.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Now, I remember. Thank you for being so diligent with the warning, because I recall passing it by without clicking
    Hehe; Good for you. That's what spoiler tags and warnings are for. Still, feel kinda bad for the people who did click ...

Seriously, despite all warnings and tags i wont be posting stuff like that again. Don't want to 'spoil' anyone's viewing pleasure.

BTW: great episode! Finally some tense 'drama'.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    People digging graves, that's gotta be a good omen (last time somebody did that in this show there was a joyous masacre, zombies getting their arms shot off and other good stuff).
    I assumed the graves were for the barn walkers. Just like Glenn flipping out in the first season over whether to burn or bury their friends, I imagine they would do the same for Hershel's family.
    Last edited by bassman; 28-Nov-2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: .

United States
    HOLY CRAP! Now THAT was a great episode! I think one or two of you on this forum guessed that Sophia was already dead, but being that one gets so used to "missing child" storylines where the child is eventually found to be alive and well, this was a real shocker. Completely awesome episode! Can't wait for February!

If I was to have one criticism however, it would be their more than generous use of ammunition in this and the previous episode. I can only assume that either Hershel had crates of ammo to share with the characters, or that Glenn found a mountain of different caliber ammo and wasn't filmed finding it. Only hollywood guns used in crappy grade C or D movies fire endlessly y'know!
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 28-Nov-2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: ed
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

Administrator

England
    GUYS! It's a tough job moderating these threads. We're torn between looking for spoilers, while not reading them for fear of having things spoilt.

There seems to be posts/conversation about footage from the next episode. THIS IS A SPOILER for those people who NOT want to know about. PLEASE be considerate!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Being Attacked

United States
    From the "Conjecture" thread last week:

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Number View Post
    I'm wondering if Sophia is in Hershel's barn...

WN
    I wonder no more!