Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Mad Max: Fury Road (film)

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    In terms of the look of the films, the first flick is the one that looks the most odd considering they're all supposed to be "post-apocalyptic". The original film, naturally, was a low budget genre flick so there's only so much you can actually achieve (and back in the days of having to get it all 'in camera'). Miller just had to find deserted/empty/open locations in Australia - but with special effects being limited at the time (not to mention budgetary limitations), the sense of 'apocalypse' is very limited in the original movie. Sure, perhaps it's the beginning of something, but it wasn't until we got to The Road Warrior that it felt like what Miller was always going for visually (#2 is visually quite different from #1).
    It is a misconception that the first film is set in a post-apocalyptic world. It's not. It's set in a world where laws and society are beginning to crumble. Thus it's not really supposed to look deserted, and that's not the story it's trying to tell. In many ways that's why I find it the bleakest of the four. It's not set after a nuclear holocaust, it's just set in a society which is slowly starting to break down.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    After giving Fury Road a spin earlier, I decided to also revisit Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome. As I was reading up on the third film, I came across the info that the producer of the film was Miller’s close friend and after he died in a helicopter accident working on the film, Miller basically “checked out” and lost interest in it. I guess that goes a long way in helping to explain why it’s the weakest of the series and why Miller only directed portions of it. He mostly handled the action and handed everything else to another director. I never even realized there were two directors on the film until today...
    Last edited by bassman; 31-Jan-2019 at 12:31 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    ^ Interesting!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It looks like there’s a chance that Warner Brothers has settled, or will soon settle, with George Miller, as the head of WB recently dropped this tidbit in an interview:

“We have incredible franchises on the features side such as The Matrix. We’d love to work with George Miller on furthering the Mad Max franchise.”
    So perhaps Miller can squeeze in Mad Max: The Wasteland before fully retiring and handing the reigns to someone else?

Rising

United States
    ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ Hopefully not. Enough damage to the "cred" of Mad Max has already been done with Miller's last "effort"
    Last edited by JDP; 01-Mar-2019 at 03:15 PM. Reason: ;

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Glad that’s been cleared up. The dissenting opinion hadn’t yet been properly expressed.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Glad that’s been cleared up. The dissenting opinion hadn’t yet been properly expressed.
    LOL!! I love you, bass!