Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mad Max: Fury Road (film)

United States
    Awesome. Little bigger & CGI heavy than I would have liked...low tech & grungy is how I will always think of MAd MAx/The Road Warrior, but the vehicle & costume design is perfect & the vibe seems spot on.

Undisclosed
    If that trailer is anything to go by we might end up with a totally insane action film that belongs to a different time. It's the eighties all over again.
    Wonder how today's kids will react to this after years and years of heroes in spandex and Transformers nonsense.

Super Moderator

UK
    Neil - you mean the very brief shot with the metal 'teeth' bikini bottoms?

This movie looks super cool! The action looks insane! Hopefully the framework upon which all that car-nage ( ) hangs is as robust as the fuel-guzzling monsters yomping through that desert.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Neil - you mean the very brief shot with the metal 'teeth' bikini bottoms?
    It's clearly a chastity belt as in the scene there's some massive bolt cutters being used to chop it off
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    This film certainly looks mad

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I always figured the fourth Mad Max film would turn out to be shit. So far it looks amazing, tho.

Administrator

England
    Boo-f***ing-ya!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YFuB3wuge0

Now tell me you didn't feel like doing this?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Damn I really hope this flick lives up to the trailers and hype ... it looks "awesome ... totally awesome!"

And yes, I do feel like "going full Joaquin".
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 20-Feb-2015 at 09:30 AM.

Ireland
    Sorry lads, this just looks like it completely lacks all of the charm that made the original Mad Max great. 'Mad Max 2' now, not the awful first one.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Boo-f***ing-ya!
    Haven't seen Neil this excited in a while. Oh dear...

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Now tell me you didn't feel like doing this?
    I always feel like doing that. All the time, every day.

Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Sorry lads, this just looks like it completely lacks all of the charm that made the original Mad Max great. 'Mad Max 2' now, not the awful first one.
    Shootem doesn't like something. I'm surprised.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    looks great.

i just rewatched Mad Max 2 and 3 on the big screen.

2 is awesome. 3 is meh. great sets, music, costumes but they really toned down the violence in favor of much more... slapstick.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    2 is awesome. 3 is meh. great sets, music, costumes but they really toned down the violence in favor of much more... slapstick.
    Apparently #3 didn't even start out as a Mad Max movie, which explains a lot ... yeah, visually strong, but story and action (and violence) wise it's naff.

Apparently Fury Road is akin to Mad Max 2/Road Warrior ... which is music to my ears.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    What's weird about part 3 is that the world itself is rather grim. It features gladiatorial fights, tales of the apocalypse and the underworld set. I wonder - who did they think was gonna both appreciate the grittiness of the world AND the constant slapstick action sequences?

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan