Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mad Max: Fury Road (film)

Super Moderator

UK
    That looks friggin' awesome to me!

Still don't really know what the story is, but it certainly looks set to deliver on the action and visuals front - wowee!

Ireland
    There's no water

There's no oil

There's not much of anything.

But women still have the time to pluck their eyebrows.

F*ck sake.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    There's no water

There's no oil

There's not much of anything.

But women still have the time to pluck their eyebrows.

F*ck sake.
    You're going to feel foolish when it is revealed through an opening montage that the world was in fact brought to its knees, not by peak oil, the catastrophic result of runaway global warming nor MZ becoming a published author, rather it is the results of the depilating virus Baldy-818.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Ireland
    You're correct Aces.

And when that happens I'll shut up.

BUT UNTIL THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    You're going to feel foolish when it is revealed through an opening montage that the world was in fact brought to its knees, not by peak oil, the catastrophic result of runaway global warming nor MZ becoming a published author, rather it is the results of the depilating virus Baldy-818.
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    You're correct Aces.

And when that happens I'll shut up.

BUT UNTIL THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, if you really want to get technical, that far into an apocalypse all the fuel would have become useless anyway ... it's essentially got an expiry date as sooner of later it gets all buggered up.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/w...09/aa.bad.gas/

But where would the fun be in that?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Of course, if you really want to get technical, that far into an apocalypse all the fuel would have become useless anyway ... it's essentially got an expiry date as sooner of later it gets all buggered up.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/w...09/aa.bad.gas/

But where would the fun be in that?

Just got to find a small pocket that hadn't been tapped and sink a well. Easy-peasy, writer fiatsy (it almost rhymed).

Pumping it they are. Refining it. Kachunk... kachunk... kachunk...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Well. It does look batshit insane and a lot of the vehicular action seems to be practical. Bad guys look like they came straight out af a George Miller Mad Max film so ... who knows?
    Looking forward to it.

England
    Looks visually stunning, but also a bit ADHD.

I read that the director commented that he just wanted a giant chase movie...which is worrying. It also seems to be a huge mash up of the 3 originals...I suppose time will tell.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Well. It does look batshit insane and a lot of the vehicular action seems to be practical. Bad guys look like they came straight out af a George Miller Mad Max film so ... who knows?
    Looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Looks visually stunning, but also a bit ADHD.

I read that the director commented that he just wanted a giant chase movie...which is worrying. It also seems to be a huge mash up of the 3 originals...I suppose time will tell.
    Maybe I'm just misinterpreting what you guys are saying, but it seems like you may be suggesting this film is being helmed by someone other than George Miller?...
    Last edited by bassman; 09-Aug-2014 at 02:03 PM. Reason: .

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Maybe I'm just misinterpreting what you guys are saying, but it seems like you may be suggesting this film is being helmed by someone other than George Miller?...

Hehe. The biggest surprise that trailer held for me is that it felt like a proper Mad Max film. We have had enough Georges (Romero and Lucas that is) revisiting past glories only to turn up with subpar products.
    I love the original three Mad Max films. Even the third one. I am really hoping Miller can recapture some of the energy those films had with this new one. I was very sceptical about it until I saw the trailer. Maybe, just maybe this will end up a whole lot better than, for instance, Escape From LA, Diary of The Dead or The Phantom Menace to name but three films that managed to tarnish the reputation of a once great genre director.
    Last edited by krisvds; 19-Aug-2014 at 08:00 AM. Reason: .

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Just saying the trailer looks a bit OTT...I'll watch the film regardless because it's Mad Fucking Max...and I hope it kicks my ass when I do watch it.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Fresh Meat

United States
    I will gladly watch, I love the whole EOTW genre, next to the living dead genre that is! Any one play Rage, the vehicles, characters and land scape look like the game, grate game also. So is it settled that it is a continuation from 3?
    "There is nothing more useless than an unloaded gun" Luis Lamour

Undisclosed
    I believe it will be more of a reboot of the series than a direct sequel to Thunderdome.
    In the trailer we can clearly see the 'interceptor'. By the time Beyond Thunderdome came around that vehicule was lost to Max I believe.
    Anyways: I always felt the previous films werent really a 'series', more standalone tales featuring the road warrior. Much like 'the man with no name' in Leone's westerns.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by savethelastone View Post
    I will gladly watch, I love the whole EOTW genre, next to the living dead genre that is! Any one play Rage, the vehicles, characters and land scape look like the game, grate game also. So is it settled that it is a continuation from 3?
    Yeah I've played "Rage" and I see what you mean with the desert landscape and the vehicles and such. It does have that kind of vibe to it, I wonder if the folks at id Software used the Max trilogy as inspiration.

Welcome to the boards, by the way, savethelastone.

Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    I believe it will be more of a reboot of the series than a direct sequel to Thunderdome.
    In the trailer we can clearly see the 'interceptor'. By the time Beyond Thunderdome came around that vehicule was lost to Max I believe.
    Anyways: I always felt the previous films werent really a 'series', more standalone tales featuring the road warrior. Much like 'the man with no name' in Leone's westerns.
    Aye, I don't generally consider them 'linked' movies in the strictest - or even somewhat vaguest - sense. The same character in different scenarios in a post-apoc Australia. Max 1 is a very different film to Max 2 which is a very different film to Max 3, although 2 and 3 are closer linked visually and stylistically than they are to the first movie. Wasn't a fan of #3 though, it had some good points but generally it felt like a weird tangent after the thoroughly iconic second film which is instantly the sort of imagery that comes to mind whenever you think "Mad Max" ... and "Fury Road" looks like it's akin to the second flick.

Administrator

England
    Looks bonkers

Look at the lady's metal "outfit" at 1m31s - LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWNWi-ZWL3c

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan