View Poll Results: Did "Land of the Dead" come BEFORE or AFTER "Day of the Dead"?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Land of the Dead comes AFTER Day of the Dead

42 84.00%
  • Land of the Dead comes BEFORE Day of the Dead

8 16.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: *sigh* Let's sort THIS out once and for all...

United States
    People should be glad that Romero never truly gave a distinct and actual timeline for the four films. He leaves so much unexplained dead space between each four films that it fed the imaginations of his fans. It's those deadspaces that's helped fansites such as this place to prosper. Where would zombie fan-fiction be if everything were so readily explained from the get-go.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

Banned User

United States
    People should be glad that Romero never truly gave a distinct and actual timeline for the four films. He leaves so much unexplained dead space between each four films that it fed the imaginations of his fans. It's those deadspaces that's helped fansites such as this place to prosper. Where would zombie fan-fiction be if everything were so readily explained from the get-go.
    Excellent, excellent point Tull. May be in fact the best point I have heard on the board thus far.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullaryx
    That's basically the way I see it. I also believe that's one of the things that make some people hate "Land". They had twenty-something years to imagine what the next film would be like and when they saw it wasn't exactly what they had imagined, they automatically turned it down.

As for the whole timeline thing........With the exception of the dead walking and "of the dead" in the titles, the movies aren't meant to be connected at all. People are just wasting their time with this pointless debate.....

Super Moderator

UK
    But even to those of you who think of the movies in that way (I personally think of them as all connected), Land still comes after Day. Even if you think of them as separate timelines, the events of Day would still come earlier in any timeline than the events of Land.

Because Day is the dark time, crunch time, whether mankind survives or not. Land is humankind rising from the ashes like the Phoenix and reclaiming what was once theirs, getting back on their feet and dealing with the problem together ... albeit in a consumeristic, ignorance is bliss kinda way.

Undisclosed
    You people think wayyyyyy to much into this, Land comes after Day! it's that simple.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by San Jose Shark
    You people think wayyyyyy to much into this, Land comes after Day! it's that simple.
    I happen to think that land comes after day also.But this is a discussion board. We're here because we love these films and personally i think it's cool that other people feel the same. For years i thought i was wierd because i love GAR'S dead flicks. Now i see i'm not alone ( the love for the flicks , not the being wierd part) Without debates like this these forums would barely exist. Listening to philly swat, he makes a good case for the belief that land comes before day and he might be right. Every shred of evidence has been looked over with a fine tooth comb and to tell you the truth it could go either way. but on to a deeper level. These debates are a testament to the power of these films. As i said numerous times before the themes of these films are not the zombie menace. It's about the nature of man at what lies in his heart. The inability of man to cooperate even when faced with a grave situation trancends the films. That selfishness and shortsitedness depicts man's eternal struggle with himself. These issues will be around long after these films are dusty and forgotten about. And that certainly is worth debating.

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    I think you're way off dude.

You're using hair styles and technology as your time guide and you can't because although the films have no real link to one another, they do through the zombies. With Land being the latest entry and being the most descriptive about the apocalypse. It is safe to assume the time line would be from their present day to 3 years prior. So if their present day is 2005, the epidemic started in 2002.

With Land being the biggest piece of evidence of a time period and with the description of the plague, it's effects etc etc. it would be safe to assume the dead rose sometime in the 21st century (2001-2002) Which make Night of the Living Dead start in 2001/2002.

Even though the films have been spread out over a 40 year time span, LAND describes the events the most accurately, especially with the radio reports at the beginning.

I know Romero has always said their is no specific time period to any of the films, it is just the same plague. However, LAND gives the most definitive time line @ 3 years so LAND could easily explain the plague as it happened in Night, DAWN, and Day.
    you raise some good points. as far as a time line gos you have to imagine that all the films took place within a 5 year span and forget the fact they are spread out over 40 years.

Just been bitten TheWalkingDude's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Would it of made people more happy if when they made "Land" they went out and found the oldest and junkiest cars they could of found and used them for the movie? So instead of "dead reconing" they could of drove around in Herbie the love bug instead lol
    Member of the Pittsburgh Pimp Squad....... Playersssssssss Pimpin Aint Easyyyyyyyy

United States
    can we stop talking about it after this? haha, i voted after day because i just think that makes sense. thats all i'm saying here, ok thnk you. buh bye.