Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "They Live" on Youtube!

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    I went to see this at the same GFT screening that Krakenslayer referred to above and wrote the following blogpost as a result. It is a brilliant film, Rowdy Roddy Piper kicks ass (and chews bubblegum)!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by aschamberlain View Post
    I went to see this at the same GFT screening that Krakenslayer referred to above and wrote the following blogpost as a result. It is a brilliant film, Rowdy Roddy Piper kicks ass (and chews bubblegum)!
    I certainly like it... It was one of the last good films Carpenter made IMHO. Escape from LA (which of course came afterwards) is a guilty pleasure of mine
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I certainly like it... It was one of the last good films Carpenter made IMHO. Escape from LA (which of course came afterwards) is a guilty pleasure of mine
    I like Escape from LA too. The Thing's probably my favourite of Carpenter's films. Have you ever seen the Pingu version? It's genius

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by aschamberlain View Post
    I like Escape from LA too. The Thing's probably my favourite of Carpenter's films. Have you ever seen the Pingu version? It's genius
    The Thing - Yep, definately up towards the top of the list for me to!

Pingu version - I think it's posted on this forum somewhere
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Fans of this flick should be real happy to know that it's coming to Blu Ray with all new interviews, commentary, etc...

They influence our decisions without us knowing it. They numb our senses without us feeling it. They control our lives without us realizing it. They Live.

Horror master John Carpenter (Halloween, The Thing) directs this heart-pounding thriller in which aliens are systematically gaining control of the Earth by masquerading as humans and lulling the public into submission. Humanity’s last chance lies with a lone drifter who stumbles upon a harrowing discovery — a unique pair of sunglasses that reveals the terrifying and deadly truth.

Production now underway for extensive and insightful bonus features that include all-new interviews, an audio commentary and archival material. We will announce in-depth bonus features and additional news in the next couple months.
    If you preorder from the link above you get a free poster.
    Last edited by bassman; 31-Jul-2012 at 07:48 PM. Reason: .

United States
    WTF is up with that cover art though?