Thread: UK folks - fancy some zombie slayin'?

England

UK folks - fancy some zombie slayin'?

Administrator

England
    In those videos you have poeple NOT wearing goggles which is a big NO NO! People get blinded!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    In those videos you have poeple NOT wearing goggles which is a big NO NO! People get blinded!
    Yeah I know I'm a regular paintballer, I'm assuming the reason they arent in those videos is just for promo purposes, I very much doubt any site would allow anyone to play without full face masks. The site I go to has a guy in a full Predator costume though, and the paintball mask is very well hidden behind the Predator face so I guess they could do the zombies in the same way...

Super Moderator

UK
    Pretty rad - it always freaks me out when I see representations of paintball (say in TV shows like The Big Bang Theory) where they're on the field and they take their masks off ... clearly more people need to have been horrified in their formative years by the legendarily haunting episode of Byker Grove when PJ got blasted in the face by yellow paintballs. Terrifying stuff for Brits of a certain age, I'd say.

Super Moderator

United States
    I miss paintball

I've also always been intrigued by airsoft, but it seems like a very expensive hobby for what essentially revolves around sub par firearms. Though at least you get to shoot opponents in airsoft matches and not go to prison...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I miss paintball

I've also always been intrigued by airsoft, but it seems like a very expensive hobby for what essentially revolves around sub par firearms. Though at least you get to shoot opponents in airsoft matches and not go to prison...
    I still go a lot (money permitting) and really enjoy it, I'm 30 in February but not stopping anytime soon!
    As for Airsoft, it looks fun, but there seems to be a lot of Walts involved with it and I wouldnt like to get branded with that tag, you know the type who are fully decked out in military kit, even wearing unit and rank insignia despite never having served, and they talk about it like its real. Talk to anyone who has actually served and they despise those people!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I still go a lot (money permitting) and really enjoy it, I'm 30 in February but not stopping anytime soon!
    As for Airsoft, it looks fun, but there seems to be a lot of Walts involved with it and I wouldnt like to get branded with that tag, you know the type who are fully decked out in military kit, even wearing unit and rank insignia despite never having served, and they talk about it like its real. Talk to anyone who has actually served and they despise those people!
    Oh yeah, those guys.

The only time I've been paintballing (had a blast) I had a battle with one of those guys. He was decked out in custom gear and he must have thought a lot of himself. He snuck up the right flank and tried to attack some of us from behind, but he waited until I was the only one left in our bunker (this was my first or second game, so I was still getting into the way of operating the paintball gun etc) ... anyway, I hear the dude coming, turn around but my legs have gone a bit dead from crouching in the bunker, so I'm struggling to get upright and we're shooting at each other at an ever-decreasing distance and for me I have an excuse for not hitting him (for one thing aiming the guns we had was a pain as the cannister was under your arm, so it was never comfortable to aim straight ... helpfully ... not) ... but this dude should have been a better shot, or perhaps it was quite fitting, he thought a lot of himself all decked out in custom gear etc ... anyway, this little battle for who would 'kill' who first went on for a few seconds until BOOM - I painted the guy right in the middle of his forehead (on his camoflage bandana he had wrapped around his head) ... needless to say word around the camp after that match was that the dude was pissed he'd been head-shotted from someone who'd never played before.

I then had a great match afterwards where I took out 3 or 4 people (including one my housemates ... who I accidentally shot in the neck ), but then I think it was the last round and that guy got his version of revenge when I got a paintball in the back from him ... not a particularly classy guy, really, eh? Still - he clearly came off worse that day ... BOOM! HEADSHOT!