Thread: Dead Rising 3 rumors

United States

Dead Rising 3 rumors

Rumors suggest it takes place in California, and you play as Rick, an auto mechanic:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/08...auto-mechanic/

Dead Rising 3 brings zombies to the fictional town of Los Perdidos, California. After the zombie outbreak, the town is locked down and under martial law. No one can leave, but Rick and a group of survivors have other plans.

That’s concept art for Rick, the lead character in Dead Rising 3 on the right. He’s an orphan and works as an auto mechanic. When the zombie apocalypse breaks our Rick is unsure of himself, so he isn’t the same kind of character like Frank West. His plan is to restore a plane and escape Los Perdidos before a bomb goes off and destroys the already ruined city. As a player, getting the plane to fly is one of your main goals.

One interesting tidbit a source tells Siliconera, is Dead Rising 3 has an undercurrent of themes about illegal immigration. Another character called Red leads an underground group of "illegals," which are infected people that aren’t registered by the government. Annie, Red’s girlfriend is a runaway that’s sympathetic to the infected. While some survivors are helpful, others went berserk. One of the psychopaths you fight is a biker gang member who drives a "Roller Hog" – that’s a motorcycle with a steam roller attached to the front.
    More Dead Rising is a good thing. Bring it on, I say!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    I thought we would see more zombie stuff after dead islands success, not surprised. Though if im honest id rather capcom put out another lost planet myself.

UK
    I've heard on several sites that the main character is going to be Frank:

http://www.incgamers.com/News/29812/...ew-dead-rising

(video is for Case Zero before you all get too excited - like i did!)

United States
    even if frank isn't the main character, they'll just release "DR3: the frank vershun!" as a "service to the fans" a couple months later.

no thanks, capcom.

Ireland
    The Dead rising games just don't get me, I'm afraid. There's always a point in the game where I just get pissed off with it, as it becomes too stupid to enjoy. The bosses are a pain in the arse and the time thing is bloody ridiculous.

Case in point, I got to case 6 in DR2 and I ran out of time for the last portion of the case. The part where you have to fix the door to the underground compound. It meant that I had to start the whole game over from the beginning. I tried and just said fuck it after a while.

I don't think I'd be going back.

Mind you, if I had bought it on the PC, I could probably have got a cheat that could reset the time on that particular case and just carried on. Unfortunately, I got it for the xbox.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Undisclosed
    I am excited. i found the rinse and repeat approach that has you restarting and dicking around 'till yo're levelled enough to make some story progress enjoyable.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    The Dead rising games just don't get me, I'm afraid. There's always a point in the game where I just get pissed off with it, as it becomes too stupid to enjoy. The bosses are a pain in the arse and the time thing is bloody ridiculous.

Case in point, I got to case 6 in DR2 and I ran out of time for the last portion of the case. The part where you have to fix the door to the underground compound. It meant that I had to start the whole game over from the beginning. I tried and just said fuck it after a while.

I don't think I'd be going back.

Mind you, if I had bought it on the PC, I could probably have got a cheat that could reset the time on that particular case and just carried on. Unfortunately, I got it for the xbox.
    Time management has been part of the gameplay design since the first game. Why would you spend money on DR2 if you hate it's main element?

Ireland
    It was 2 quid and I didn't knw that they kept the time thing.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....