Thread: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

United States

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

Seems Tony and Activision realized this is what people have wanted for years:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/10/to...r-hd-announce/

We cornered skateboarding figurehead Tony Hawk on the red carpet at this year's Spike Video Game Awards to get the skinny on that big announcement he has planned for the show -- as it turns out, the announcement is ... a Tony Hawk game! "Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD" will apparently take "select" levels from the first two Tony Hawk titles, HD-ify them, and wrap it all up in a neat digital package for "digital platforms" sometime in the first half of 2012.

Hawk told our man on the ground, Mike Schramm, that classic levels "School" and "Downhill" would make appearances, but didn't let on any more. The game will assuredly get a blowout tonight as the VGAs commence, so stay tuned! Or, uh, go watch old trailers of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 and 2. Either/or.
    The first two games were incredible for their time, it'll be nice to see if they still hold up.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    just stop tony, its already dead...

United States
    funny, i was just thinking the other day about getting a copy of thps2x for the xbox. and since i can't stand activision and what they did to the tony hawk franchise, i think i'll just get a used copy of the previously mentioned game and choose to pass on this HD cash-grab.

perhaps if they throw in all the good levels from the first two, plus land the rights to re-use most of the same songs, and the price tag is 15 bucks or less, i may change my mind...but as of right now, count me out.

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Necromancy!

Anyway, this will be dropping at the end of the month exclusively on the 360, with the PS3 version to follow in early August. I, for one, am stoked as hell. While I prefer story mode over classic, it looks pretty nice and will be interesting how they change up the seven confirmed levels, Warehouse, School 2, Mall, Hangar, Phoenix Downhill, Venice Beach and Marseilles.

Nice that Robomodo listened to fans and added some classic soundtrack tunes to the mix.

Tony has also said that some THPS3 levels will be out as DLC in the near future, with the possibility of some THPS4, THUG, and maybe even some new levels being released after. I've always preferred the combo-racking gameplay of the Tony Hawk series over the frustratingly steep 'bust-a-kickflip-and-hope-you-don't-bust-your-face' learning curve of Skate, so naturally I'm crapping melons for it.

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

United States
    comes out this wednesday. pretty damn sure i'm getting this, but i don't really plan to pick up any DLC as of yet....fingers still crossed for an unlockable spider-man skater.

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    Smashing it up. However, there's some nasty little gremlins at work that are making me scream out "C**T!" more times than Derek and Clive on a pub crawl. The wall ride is a pain in the ass to execute, bailing is far too easy to do (and the mechanics are shit), they've tampered with the scoring (in THPS1 you could get 10,000 by pulling a Madonna and rotating three times - not anymore, you gotta string a 10 trick combo to get your 10,000), they've tampered with the special meter (you gotta land tricks to fill it, not build 'em up), stopping the skater is damn near impossible, turning the skater is stiff, and the thing glitches up in ways I've never seen in thirty years of gaming.

Other than that, it's a blast. LOL!

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/