Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 70 minute analysis of "Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull"

Undisclosed
    Bah. Crystal skull is far from a great film. Precious few genre movies are also great 'films'. Arguably only Raiders deserves that. But, come on you haters, Crystal skull was good fun. the opening area 51 scenes are fantastic as is the motorcycle chase sequence. Hell, I even liked the nuke the fridge moment. The only thing that I didn't enjoy was all that crappy CGI during those jungle scenes. Yuck.
    (That Tintin film is still better IMO, there's some great use of CGi in that film)
    Last edited by krisvds; 29-Dec-2011 at 10:05 AM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    (That Tintin film is still better IMO, there's some great use of CGi in that film)
    Still not seen it :/
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    an accurate depiction of reality
    These words and Indiana Jones should never mix.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    These words and Indiana Jones should never mix.....
    No, you're right. But there's far fetched and then there's nuking the fridge.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Though we may disagree on the particulars, I think we agree where it matters most.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    kalima...kalima...

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    kalima...kalima...
    You act like you've need seen psychic surgery performed on a docu

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Though we may disagree on the particulars, I think we agree where it matters most.

That's New Vegas, right? Good show. Infact, better than F3 if I do say so myself... But I digress.

Kingdoms and Crusade still suck my balls.

Would I be willing to give a fifth film a chance? To be honest, I would probably not bother watching it. Sad, but true. Exact same thing happened with Star Wars, really.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post

OMG! That's classic!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If the Indy series ever "jumped the shark"(the inspiration for the "nuked the fridge" saying), it was done long before Kingdom, tbh. Jumping from an airborne plane, slamming into a mountain, skiing down said mountain, off a massive cliff, slamming into a river, then falling down a massive waterfall with three people and nothing but the protection of a 1930's water raft is well above the "jumping the shark" level.

Not to mention this fellas' particular surgical skills....

I have to agree with Danny when it comes to the supernatural and action set pieces of Kingdom. They're ragged on because they're not seen through nostalgic eyes like the original films. The new kid on the block is always given the hardest time...

Ireland
    Your correct. There are a lot of OTT things in the Indy series. But, the fridge thing is just way too far for loads of people. I thought it was really dumb when I first saw it and it took me right out of the film. It was too much of a FFS moment.

The scene from Temple of Doom, believe it or not, I only saw in it's entirety very recently. Until then I thought that Mola Ram was pulling a fast one for his believers. In this instance, I actually prefer the cut version to the uncut version.

Still though, I'm not sure that people would be willing to forgive the fridge thing, even if Kingdom of blah was a better film. There are just too many bad steps in the film.

CGI...I'm looking at you!
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....