Thread: What date does it kick off in the US again?

Administrator

England

What date does it kick off in the US again?

How many more weeks do I/we have to wait
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    February 12th
    Last edited by bassman; 28-Dec-2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    February 12th
    Ta! So just over 6 weeks then!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Yup, nothing compared to the wait we'll have for season 3...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Yup, nothing compared to the wait we'll have for season 3...
    I'm wondering if Season Three will still premiere in October. It's still possible, I suppose. And it makes perfect sense to open up during Fear Fest. They could be writing the third season while finishing up the edit on the second right now, film in the summer, then premiere in October.....

Super Moderator

United States
    And it makes perfect sense to open up during Fear Fest. They could be writing the third season while finishing up the edit on the second right now, film in the summer, then premiere in October.....
    That was when I was hoping it'd be. Earlier seems unrealistic and later than October seems too far off to bare contemplating.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    I'm wondering if Season Three will still premiere in October. It's still possible, I suppose.

Yeah.. October 2013

Administrator

England
    I'm wondering if Season Three will still premiere in October. It's still possible, I suppose. And it makes perfect sense to open up during Fear Fest. They could be writing the third season while finishing up the edit on the second right now, film in the summer, then premiere in October.....
    And at least we'd have Game Of Thrones to help us over the wait

Season 3 is Oct 11 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wal...n_3_.282012.29
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Yeah.. October 2013
    Well that's the question. Considering they still held the same shooting shedule as the first season, only the air dates being split, i'm wondering if they're still going to try and squeeze Season Three into October 2012. It's certainly possible that they can continue the same yearly schedule. The mid season break for this season wasn't because they were still filming, but because they needed more time in the editing room.

So the second half of Season Two has probably finished or is very close to being finished, they're already tossing around ideas for Season Three, writing for said season finishes up by Spring, and filming begins in the Summer. That's the exact same schedule as last time....

Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    AMC has renewed the show for Season Three, but I don't believe they've announced when it will air. And I don't exactly trust wikipedia...
    Last edited by bassman; 28-Dec-2011 at 03:09 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    And at least we'd have Game Of Thrones to help us over the wait

Season 3 is Oct 11 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wal...n_3_.282012.29
    My two favorite shows on TV.

United States
    to answer the op:

NOT SOON ENOUGH.

can't wait to see how fast things start to fall apart for the group due to the aftershocks from the finale's big scene. things were tense before, but sophia's death will really create a divide amongst the survivors. and the whole "team rick" vs "team shane" conflict will be riveting, particularly if they stay true to the comics.

i'm also really looking forward to the group dealing with their first winter since things went to shit. they did have some cold-weather-related struggles early on in the comics, and i really enjoyed the chapters from WWZ that addressed the added hardships of freezing temperatures....with the show's filming schedule, though, i'm not too sure how soon they'll get around to that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    For US members that need their TWD thirst quinched, AMC will air the entire show from the pilot to the mid season finale on New Year's Eve starting at 11am.

Super Moderator

United States
    For US members that need their TWD thirst quinched, AMC will air the entire show from the pilot to the mid season finale on New Year's Eve starting at 11am.
    Thanks for the tip off, Bass...may just tune in to a bit of that

Administrator

England
    Wow!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Been watching on it today whilst my turkey bakes. Wife's watching crap on Univision with Don Francisco, so I'ma stay around the bedrooom from time to time. Sneak in a puff puff or two...
    I'll have just enough time to see Sophie shamble out before the countdown begins.