Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My cats disappeared :(

Administrator

England

My cats disappeared :(

Photos from 5-6 months ago!

Gizmo, the blond one - now 10 months old - disappeared about 2 days ago...

He's be 'done' so he's not out 'dating'... He's got our tel no on his collar and been microchipped, so not been 'found'.

We're on a quiet road, so God knows what's happened to him
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    My condolences. Are they out of the house (ie. outdoor cats) now full time, then?

So his collar's been micro-chipped but it's not picked up when tracked?

Very cute pics

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    My condolences. Are they out of the house (ie. outdoor cats) now full time, then?

So his collar's been micro-chipped but it's not picked up when tracked?

Very cute pics
    Most cats in the UK are out door ones. I think people generally here in the UK see it strange to keep cats indoors.

Yes, telno on the collar and he's been chipped. The chip of course has to be scanned by a vet. It's not like a James Bond tracking device. Although that would be very useful at this moment
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Have hope. He might come back yet. I've had it happened before, even to cats who were snipped.

Otherwise he could have been locked up in any of the neighbours garages. Or had the misfortune of meeting a fox.

Super Moderator

UK
    I hope Gizmo comes back to you safe and sound, Neil.

England
    We had a ginger one called Brian up until a few months ago, he was a hunter but he still always used to come in for his tea, some fuss and a sleep every day, we dont live near a busy road & he'd also been done but he's vanished too! I dont know if he's been snatched by somebody who decided they wanted him as a pet or if a fox got him, or maybe even been shot by one of the air rifle toting teenagers that live around here, I've scoured the area and not found any trace of him, shame really and I'd like to know what happened! I hope yours turn up anyway Neil!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    We had a ginger one called Brian up until a few months ago, he was a hunter but he still always used to come in for his tea, some fuss and a sleep every day, we dont live near a busy road & he'd also been done but he's vanished too! I dont know if he's been snatched by somebody who decided they wanted him as a pet or if a fox got him, or maybe even been shot by one of the air rifle toting teenagers that live around here, I've scoured the area and not found any trace of him, shame really and I'd like to know what happened! I hope yours turn up anyway Neil!
    Sorry to hear that - I fear the same with my fluff ball...

If someone finds him, our telno is on his collar and he's chipped.

If he's been stolen (in effect) - and he is a very pretty cat - then that's it I fear. He is chipped, but I can't see a vet randomly scanning/checking a cat an 'owner' brings in.

My heart is telling me he's not coming back...
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    My heart is telling me he's not coming back...
    I hope you're wrong, Neil. Cute cats from the pics. That's one of the worst feelings though, and unfortunately I know how it is. I had a dog, a collie, when I was younger (around 13 or so) and during a thunderstorm it busted out of the house through a basement window and was never seen again. No idea what happened to him, but it's a horrible feeling.

I hope he comes back, and sometime soon. You just never know...

England
    Oh shit Neil just seen this.
    Fingers crossed for you mate. Big animal lover here, especially cats.
    I've just lost one of my cats to cancer. Nursed the poor soul through chemotherapy but had to let him go before he suffered. Still hurts today. F*cking horrible disease and one im no stranger to unfortunately.
    Some people tend to feed cats if they are hanging around especially pretty ones so maybe he's just having a holiday at somebody elses expense. Happens a lot.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Don't worry, Neil, I'm sure Gizmo will be fine... especially fine with some cajun spice and perhaps some butter dip.

Seriously though, I hope everything turns out fine for your cat. I despise cats personally - but I'd feel the same way you do if my little dog, Wolf, ended up going missing. It is a horrible feeling and hopefully things will work out. If Gizmo doesn't turn up try to console yourself by believing that Gizmo has found a new home with people who will take care.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Administrator

England
    So Gizmo (or Tarquine as my daughter calls him) as kitten...

Gizmo the day before he disappeared about 3-4 days ago (still playing with his same favourite toy):-

I personally don't think we'll see him again
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Cats are odd creatures though, if the neighbours put food out for them they'll go and "live" there every now and again, they're only loyal if theres something in it for them unlike dogs who are faithful to the end! One of our other cats used to disappear for a week or so every now and again, then just turn up as if nothing had happened, so don't lose faith just yet! I don't think our Brian is coming back now as months have passed, but yours may well turn up ok

Undisclosed
    Our cat Tia disappeared a few months ago, too. She was a stray, so I'm hoping that someone took her in and that she wasn't snatched up by a coyote. :*-(

United States
    Best of luck Neil..we have 5 cats in our tiny apartment and it'd do me in if any of my babies were missing.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

I personally don't think we'll see him again
    I don't generally like being proved wrong about things, but this time I couldn't be happier.

6:30 this morning meooow meooow meooow. I woke up thinking I recognise that sound! The whole family was up in seconds as a Gizmo declared he was back home! His head was soaking wet, but his body was bone dry, and he's got loads of matted fir around his neck, but other wise he's fine. Already taken him down the vet to get him checked over, and all is fine. The vet offered to shave his neck to remove the matted fir, but I couldn't bring myself to make him look stupid, so we'll slowly comb it out.

Got no idea where he's bin, but to have a soak wet head, but a dry body, and loads of matted fir under his collar, maybe trapped under something? Maybe by his collar?

Anyway, I was wrong, he's come back, and I couldn't be more chuffed!
    -Carl Sagan