Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gonna try and get more traffic here-

United States
    TWD has been hard for me as a poster on HPOTD. I've largely dropped out.

(1) Too many comic book spoilers creep into the discussions which leads me to be very selective in what threads I read.
    (2) I get behind watching the epidoses as they come out, which leads to being behind in the discussions so I have to avoid the forums entirely till I catch up.
    (3) The discussions happen FAST. It seems like by the time I get the episode watched and get to the comp there are 3-4 pages of discussion. I can barely read it all much less respond.

None of these items has dulled my opinions or interest in discussing. They've just limited the opportunity.

I liked it better when we had a few years between Romero movies to dissect the past and ponder the future. That's a pace I can sustain. This episode a week for 6 weeks business is killing me. Then a several month dry spell. It's feast or famine.

But you can't be upset with the fact that there is new zombie material. That's a win all around!
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    None of these items has dulled my opinions or interest in discussing. They've just limited the opportunity.
    And the threads--though great--are lesser for not having as much of your input, Trin. You always bring either something well thought out, entertaining or both to a discussion. Glad to see you're still popping your head in.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I remember joining this forum when us comrades were spreading fliers across Moscow about the evil of capitalism and the Romanovs. Seems like only yesterday.
    I miss those fliers! My granny had many a warm night of rest from her fireplace thanks to those fliers - on a positive note, at least she still has "The New York Liberal Times" to feed the fire for some comfort.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    We do have a great group of folks here... Conversations are always diverse and interesting
    Too true, though some of my more recent posts - if I got a bit defensive over on the media forum, I apologize for that.

Still, even if some seriously rowdy folks do pass through, it's rarely been dull over the long haul.

Wayne Z

United States

Ah- I get it.

Ah- I understand completely. I didn't even think of accidentally luring the trolls or the melodramatic douchebags who are easily butthurt here... Yep- I honestly just told people in the facebook group that Gary started about this place. Of course, Gary already knows it's here and he is one of the last people who would ever cause any drama...hahaa! We've talked about that a lot. There are a couple of people in the fb chapel group (who won't come here, I promise) who have begun to show their mentality to be "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia". I promise not to muck up a cool place like this with crappy strangers...haha! I have to tell all of you that I really like this site! And that IS because its not like other forums. I am an incredibly laid back person who detests drama. I just like to have intellectually fun conversations...ok...I love low-brow humor too...hahaa! Yep- I wake up every morning to look at the new posts, if there are any- and any time I get another chance during the day, I come to check things out. Well, I appreciate the warm welcome! It's a nice place to be.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia Martin View Post
    Ah- I understand completely. I didn't even think of accidentally luring the trolls or the melodramatic douchebags who are easily butthurt here... Yep- I honestly just told people in the facebook group that Gary started about this place. Of course, Gary already knows it's here and he is one of the last people who would ever cause any drama...hahaa! We've talked about that a lot. There are a couple of people in the fb chapel group (who won't come here, I promise) who have begun to show their mentality to be "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia". I promise not to muck up a cool place like this with crappy strangers...haha! I have to tell all of you that I really like this site! And that IS because its not like other forums. I am an incredibly laid back person who detests drama. I just like to have intellectually fun conversations...ok...I love low-brow humor too...hahaa! Yep- I wake up every morning to look at the new posts, if there are any- and any time I get another chance during the day, I come to check things out. Well, I appreciate the warm welcome! It's a nice place to be.
    Tricia, pull up a chair and stay awhile.

In the immortal words of that Tod Browning film (obscure cinema alert ) "One of us, One of us. "

Or is that too over the top?

Still, we're good folk here, only slightly deviant.

Wayne Z

"Be cool, don't pop off now. " original Dawn of The Dawn (pardon my paraphrase )

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by wayzim View Post
    Tricia, pull up a chair and stay awhile.

In the immortal words of that Tod Browning film (obscure cinema alert ) "One of us, One of us. "

Or is that too over the top?
    No, that's just about right.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia Martin View Post
    We're very glad to have you in the fold, Tricia - it's always nice to get new folks on board who are into the laid back, non-drama, non-trolly vibe of HPOTD.

United States
    Thank you all again...very much! Man, do you guys have some great conversations! hahaa! And DIVERSE! I absolutely love the horror genre, but realize there's more to talk about than just that. Some places I've been, they act like you're nuts if you even entertain the idea of talking about something other than horror. But that's what threads like "general discussion" are for. Apparently "General" means horror to them...weirdos. And yeah- some places tend to be pretentious...which...well, I just wanna' give those people a swirly and call it a day. (for those who don't know "swirly"- its when you hold someone upside-down over a toilet where their hair just touches the water, and flush.)

Reading through here, I saw that some people have found this place to be intimidating...how? hahaa! THAT I don't get. What's there to be intimidated about? hahaa! I haven't felt that way once since I joined!

Super Moderator

UK
    I think on the occasions that some newbies have felt intimidated is down to how we're quite a close-knit community, so perhaps they felt a bit 'on the outside' ... like turning up to a good party three hours late and missing a load of cool things.

Then as I think I said earlier in the thread, some have turned up expecting HPOTD to be like all the other forums where everyone is causing havoc, and they get a rude awakening when they discover that HPOTD is totally not that kind of place - as you've observed, we're a chilled out kinda hang out, and while we have a lower number of members, I think we all know each other far better (and indeed get on far better) than most other forums around the interwebtubes.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I think on the occasions that some newbies have felt intimidated is down to how we're quite a close-knit community, so perhaps they felt a bit 'on the outside' ... like turning up to a good party three hours late and missing a load of cool things.

Then as I think I said earlier in the thread, some have turned up expecting HPOTD to be like all the other forums where everyone is causing havoc, and they get a rude awakening when they discover that HPOTD is totally not that kind of place - as you've observed, we're a chilled out kinda hang out, and while we have a lower number of members, I think we all know each other far better (and indeed get on far better) than most other forums around the interwebtubes.

Far out man.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

Ah...I see. Well the people who feel like outsiders are silly. The only way to get to know people is to...talk to them! hahaa! You guys have made me feel completely comfortable and welcome...I don't feel like an outsider at all. I see what you mean, though. Some people may just not be able to get over that feeling no matter what. Maybe it's insecurity? Ah- who knows. I feel bad for people like that. They tend to miss out on lots of great things by allowing their insecurities get the best of them.

-- -------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Far out man.
    Hahaha! Dude! I have a BEVERAGE here!