Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying the worlds hottest curry

Administrator

England
    Beleive it or not, the restuarant we went to did actually have a chocolate naan bread and chocolate curry on the menu!!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Beleive it or not, the restuarant we went to did actually have a chocolate naan bread and chocolate curry on the menu!!
    LOL!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's funny that you guys intentionally make yourselves suffer. Further proof that the human race is doomed....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It's funny that you guys intentionally make yourselves suffer. Further proof that the human race is doomed....
    I Wouldnt say we suffered, it wasnt like we were made to watch ghostbusters or anything

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Who shat in your punchbowl?

Just to clarify. Eating hot currys isn't just about showing off. This is something that spice n00bs usually don't consider due to lack of personal experience but there is a strange, drug-like high - a sort of light-headed minor euphoria - that washes over you just after you have eaten a super-hot curry. It seems to be some kind of physiological reaction to the capsaicin and it kicks in once you enter the tens- and hundreds of thousands of units Scoville. It sort of hurts but it has the effect of lifting your mood, so the pain itself becomes an object of fun (when consumed with friends). It is not purely an act of bravado, at least not for me, but there is some social value in the competitive banter it engenders.

-- -------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    If there's a place on this planet that could make an already lard drenched heart blocking slice of bread, even more unhealthy, that would be Scotland! I'm surprised they haven't thought about battering it with a mars bar in it too!
    Actually it's called a Panir Nan and is a traditional Indian food, not a made up Scottish thing like Chicken Tikka Masala. And it contains no lard.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It was a bit of a joke, guys. Apparently a poor one.

Although, as a person that can't handle spicy foods and has heartburn on a daily basis..... I will say that you guys are friggin nuts for going near that stuff!
    Last edited by bassman; 16-Jan-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Actually it's called a Panir Nan and is a traditional Indian food
    And it's not too sickly?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    It was a bit of a joke, guys. Apparently a poor one.

Although, as a person that can't handle spicy foods and has heartburn on a daily basis..... I will say that you guys are friggin nuts for going near that stuff!
    I thought my response was quite good

To be honest, im actually thinking of retrying this, i dont like the idea of being defeated by a curry, its a new concept to me.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    And it's not too sickly?
    Not at all. It's not like cheddar or even mozzarella, it's a very light, mild Indian cheese and it has a slight cooling effect when eaten with a hot curry.
    Last edited by krakenslayer; 16-Jan-2012 at 12:18 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Not at all. It's not like cheddar or even mozzarella, it's a very light, mild Indian cheese and it has a slight cooling effect when eaten with a hot curry.
    I'm famiiar with indian cheese - My second favourite side dish is Saag Paneer

I'll ask for a paneer naan next time I'm out
    -Carl Sagan