Thread: Star Wars TV series - Now even more concerned

Administrator

England

Star Wars TV series - Now even more concerned

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52756

This quote really worries me:-

we did Episode III—which is one of the larger of all the Star Wars films in relation to set construction, visual effects, the amount of visual effects and everything else—and that was made for $100 million which was unheard of even five years ago, because had it been made by any studio or anywhere in the United States it would have been easily double that price. So imagine an hour’s episode with more digital animation and more visual effects and more complicated in terms of set design and costume design than a two- hour movie that takes us three years to make, and we have to do that every week and we only have $5 million to do it. That’s our challenge
    We DO NOT need MORE visual effects than Episode III, or MORE complicated digital animation. We simply need bloody good stories without all the Lucas OTT faff! That's the challenge! I recommend they go away and watch the BSG reboot, or Firefly, and learn!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Damn right. Star Wars died with the prequels. I can't even watch the originals anymore.

Super Moderator

United States
    Because, its topical and the Das Untergang meme has always been my most fav...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I'd watch a Star Wars animated TV series if the CGI resembled the SWTOR trailers

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Ireland
    Star Wars is dead.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....