Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: MZ's Movie Review Thread

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Love Goddess of the Cannibals (Joe D'Amato, 1978):
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2014/...oe-damato.html

A flesh-filled sleaze-fest in which a woman bites off a man's todger within five minutes of the movie starting!

Right up Moon's alley then, clearly.
    No teeth!

I actually am not into the cannibal films...just not my thing...

I was planning on stopping by today to give you a couple more recommends anyway, so blog update was timely. "Sweatshop" and "Kids Go To The Woods...Kids Get Dead". Both a couple of fun little low budget 80's slasher throwbacks,

"Sweatshop" is a grotty, goth & punk cast filled gore fest, & a killer with a "smashing" weapon

"Kids Get Dead" is fun & replete with a "USA Up All Night" horror hostess & faux "pauses" on the "VHS Tape" as they go to & from mock commercials

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    No teeth!

I actually am not into the cannibal films...just not my thing...

I was planning on stopping by today to give you a couple more recommends anyway, so blog update was timely. "Sweatshop" and "Kids Go To The Woods...Kids Get Dead". Both a couple of fun little low budget 80's slasher throwbacks,

"Sweatshop" is a grotty, goth & punk cast filled gore fest, & a killer with a "smashing" weapon

"Kids Get Dead" is fun & replete with a "USA Up All Night" horror hostess & faux "pauses" on the "VHS Tape" as they go to & from mock commercials
    Thanks for the recommendations, Moon - I'll add them to the list. "Kids Get Dead" sounds quite interesting with that VHS tape aesthetic you describe ... there was an element of that used in "Father's Day", which is a great little flick you should definitely check out if you have the chance.

As for "Love Goddess of the Cannibals", there's literally two brief moments of cannibalism that are very, very brief ... the worst gore moment is actually two dead pigs having their blood drained and guts yanked out ... aside from that, D'Amato is far more interested in the curves of his "Love Goddess" leading ladies. Like I say in the review, Cannibal Holocaust it most definitely ain't.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 13-Jan-2014 at 09:52 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Satan's Baby Doll (Mario Bianchi, 1982):
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2014/...-1982-dvd.html

Another dose of European sauce, this time in the form of possession and sexual perversion within the cold stone walls of a castle.

Super Moderator

UK
    The Beast In Space (Alfonso Brecia, 1980):
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2014/...scia-1980.html

So downright bonkers it has to be seen to be believed. Ropey special effects, inconsistent boob shot inserts, a poor man's Han Solo, and a comically gigantic beast-todger...

United States

Sounds like fun. If you like spaghetti space opera, you should check out "Starcrash", staring the lovely Caroline Munro.

Ireland
    I remember my uncle put a video of 'Starcrash' on for me when I was a kid. He thought I was going to lap it up, like 'Star Wars'. I don't think he knew what it was even about. I was like WTF am I watching, although I was still fascinated.

I think Caroline Munro had a lot to do with that...er...fascination.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post

Sounds like fun. If you like spaghetti space opera, you should check out "Starcrash", staring the lovely Caroline Munro.

Compared to "The Beast In Space" that looks like Avatar! I'll add it to the list. Caroline Munro in a space bikini? Oh, go on then...

Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I think Caroline Munro had a lot to do with that...er...fascination.
    Whenever I think of Caroline Munro, I think of this:

Super Moderator

UK
    V/H/S/2, and The Seasoning House:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2014/...rror-show.html

1) A decidedly superior sequel to the anthology horror.
    2) As bleak as bleak can be.

Super Moderator

UK
    Chained Heat (Paul Nicolas, 1983):
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2014/...-1983-dvd.html

Linda Blair versus John Vernon versus Sybil Danning in a hellish Los Angeles women's prison - flesh, fights, 80s synth, you know the score - one of the best 'women in prison' genre movies ever made.

Super Moderator

UK
    Red Heat (Robert Collector, 1985):
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2014/...-1985-dvd.html

Linda Blair's gone and found herself locked up in a bleak East German prison ... that's a bit of a bugger, isn't it?

Machete Kills, Our RoboCop Remake, Fast & Furious 6, Hitchcock, and Oblivion:

http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2014/...ayhem-and.html

1) Good fun, but the cast is far too big, the running time is overlong, and it's a touch too goofy.
    2) Fans remake Verhoeven's flick scene-by-scene.
    3) A strange experience in the light of Paul Walker's death ... but watching Michelle Rodriguez and Gina Carano smash seven bells out of each other is stunning.
    4) Surprisingly light weight, but period filmmaking detail saves it.
    5) Very stylish, not particularly original.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Yeh! Oblivion tried ever so hard, but never became as good as it was so desperately trying to be! I enjoyed it! An above average scifi flick IMHO!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    I liked 'Oblivion'. But I approached it not knowing a single thing about it. Maybe that's why I enjoyed it more than others.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Jungle Warriors (Ernst R. von Theumer, 1984):
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2014/...n-theumer.html

Savaged models take on a drug lord and a crime boss in the sweaty jungle of South America.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ Yeh! Oblivion tried ever so hard, but never became as good as it was so desperately trying to be! I enjoyed it! An above average scifi flick IMHO!
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I liked 'Oblivion'. But I approached it not knowing a single thing about it. Maybe that's why I enjoyed it more than others.
    It was good fun while it lasted, and was very well designed, but it didn't do an awful lot to blow your skirt up for longer than it's slightly-too-long running time. Pretty good, but it's just missing that little bit of ... something ... to tip it over the top. There's many sci-fi flicks out there that don't come close to Oblivion, but there's also a lot of better ones too. Solid stuff nonetheless, which I did quite enjoy, even if it'll likely fade in my memory quite quickly.

Super Moderator

UK
    Gravity, Someone Marry Barry, and The Hangover III:
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2014/...-marriage.html

1) The awards-grabbing bum-clencher.
    2) A gross-out romcom starring Tyler Labine (one half of Tucker & Dale vs Evil).
    3) Like the other movies, but with far fewer jokes floating around.

Super Moderator

UK
    What Have You Done To Solange? (Massimo Dallamano, 1972):
    http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2014/...e-massimo.html

A sordid secret is exposed when a demented killer begins to strike at a Catholic school in London. Hands down one of the finest giallo films I've ever seen.