Thread: Resident Evil 6 - 11/20/2012

United States

Resident Evil 6 - 11/20/2012

Looks like Leon is back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmC1lZeQad4

SAN MATEO, Calif. — Jan. 19, 2012 — Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, is very proud to announce that Resident Evil® 6 is in full development and scheduled for release on the Xbox 360 ® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system on November 20, 2012 with a Windows PC version to follow. Blending action and survival horror, this latest instalment in the multi-million selling franchise is the most ambitious, immersive and feature rich title of the series to date and promises to be the dramatic horror experience of the year.

It has been ten years since the Raccoon City incident and the President of the United States has decided to reveal the truth behind what took place in the belief that it will curb the current resurgence in bioterrorist activity. Due to be by the President’s side is his personal friend and Raccoon City survivor, Leon S. Kennedy, but when the venue suffers a bioterrorist attack, Leon is forced to face a President transformed beyond recognition and make his hardest ever decision. At the same time, Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance member Chris Redfield arrives in China, itself under threat of a bioterrorist attack. With no country safe from these attacks and the ensuing outbreaks, the entire world’s population is united by a common fear that there is no hope left.

In a first for the franchise, Resident Evil 6 sees series favorites Leon and Chris come together to face this unprecedented threat. They will be joined by new characters, each with their own unique perspective and involvement, in this relentless dramatic horror experience enacted on a global scale.

“Resident Evil 6 represents a giant stride forward in the evolution of the series,” commented Katsuhiko Ichii, Head of R&D and Global Marketing. “The development team, led by Hiroyuki Kobayashi, is working tirelessly to deliver the most impressive Resident Evil® title ever both in terms of scope and production values. We are all genuinely excited by the title and cannot wait to share it with the world.”

Hiroyuki Kobayashi, Resident Evil 6 Executive Producer added: “From the outset the team’s intention was to create an experience that delivers a gripping storyline, tense single-player and co-op action all set against a constant theme of horror. We are calling this fusion dramatic horror and are confident it will resonate with both existing fans of the series as well as newcomers.”

United States
    wow, i'm actually interested in this after that trailer. while there was plenty of "teh actionz" that looked a bit hokey, there were also plenty of what looked-to-be old school RE shamblers. and a whole new city with the raccoon city thing going on....could be good.

not a definite buy as of yet, but it's definitely on my radar.

United States
    Yawn.

Why do they keep making these truly awful films?

No thanks.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Yawn.

Why do they keep making these truly awful films?

No thanks.

j.p.
    Not a film, it's the new game. And they make them for me and all the other people that buy the heck out of them.

The trailer looks good, glad to see Leon and some shambling zombie action back.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    lame. i was really, really hoping the rumours of a reboot with a new universe and story for 6 was true. This just looks more gears of war then 5 was

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Resident Evil 4, Gears of War, Left 4 Dead rolled into one.
    If Resident Evil Revelations turns out to be good, I'll give it a go ad from the demo I downloaded yesterday it looks great.
    Last edited by Rottedfreak; 20-Jan-2012 at 07:24 AM. Reason: get lost

Undisclosed
    I'm excited. But I think we can bury all hope of the series ever returning to its classic survival horror roots.
    That being said I did enjoy parts 4 and 5. Resi4 is one of the best games of last generation IMO. I dug the 5th one as well, probably because I completed the game in local co-op with my girlfriend. Good times.
    What excites me about this new one is the 'modern city' setting and the inclusion of 'shamblers.'

-- -------- Post added 24-Jan-2012 at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was 20-Jan-2012 at 11:14 AM ----------

Oh, and a big LOL at this:

http://kotaku.com/5878345/youll-neve...-way/gallery/1

United States
    If you purchse "Dragon's Dogma" for Xbox 360, you'll get the Resident Evil 6 demo two months before PS3:

We’re pleased to announce that Dragon’s Dogma will be available for Xbox 360 and PS3 on May 25th in Europe! Also pleasing is that purchasers of Dragon’s Dogma will have the opportunity to be the first to experience a playable demo of Resident Evil 6, ahead of its release on November 20.

Retail versions of Dragon’s Dogma will contain a redeemable token that will allow owners to download the Resident Evil 6 demo. Purchasers of the Xbox 360 version of Dragon’s Dogma will be able to redeem this token and download the Resident Evil 6 demo globally on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360 60 days earlier than any other platform beginning July 3! The demo for owners of the PlayStation 3 version of Dragon’s Dogma will go live on the PlayStationStore on September 4 in North America and Japan and September 5 in Europe.

Check back later for an incredible trailer for Dragon’s Dogma and lots more info!
    Here's a trailer for DD, so you'll know what you're getting into:

Capcom MAY get me to bite, depending on how well DD is received.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 31-Jan-2012 at 02:28 PM. Reason: trailer added

Dead

United States
    I already pre-ordered this! I couldn't imagine an RE title coming out that I didn't buy. Part-2 hooked me like a junkie. Then 4 made me remember what I loved about it. I still play part-2 to this day on my old PS2, and part 4 on the GC.
    I don't know what everyone was so let down about regarding part-5 either. I love that game!

It's NEVER gonna return to it's old school roots like in part-2! Why would it? I personally like the direction they're taking it with the bio-terrorism angle, the fall of umbrella, B.O.W's. What I hate is the whole "Wesker" thing, how they make him like a character from the Matrix. I never liked any of the films. I expected more faithful renditions of the storylines. The whole "Alice" thing or Leeloo, whatever you want to call her, is utter garbage!
    But RE6 looks to be amazing!!!

United States
    well, my interest in this game has pretty much all but died. perhaps when crapcom releases the "wait a year and don't get your wallet raped" edition, i'll pick it up.

at this point, though, it's looking like a pass for me.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    well, my interest in this game has pretty much all but died. perhaps when crapcom releases the "wait a year and don't get your wallet raped" edition, i'll pick it up.

at this point, though, it's looking like a pass for me.
    yeah the first gameplay put me off. the chris half was straight up gears of war but with shittier controls and the leon half had more quicktime events than bullets fired. Thats probably someone elses idea of a fun survival horror. Just not mine.

But as i've said before, capcoms gone down the toilet and resident evil 4 was probably the last game from them i truly enjoyed.