Thread: 3 months in prison for a massacre? Wow...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed

3 months in prison for a massacre? Wow...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16690300

Among the dead were women, children and elderly people, including a man in a wheelchair.
    Not heard of this story before, but this seems pretty shocking. Even further when put like this:

On November 19, 2005, Wuterich led a squad of men into two separate homes in the town of Haditha and opened fire on everyone in sight. Prosecutors say that a roadside bomb exploded moments before the Marines stormed the home, and were brought into hysterics by seeing a fellow soldier die in the attack. In response, they went on a rampage and for 45 minutes raided the two homes and were never faced with gunfire. Wuterich later said he instructed his team to “shoot first and ask questions later.”

“My Marines responded to the threats they faced in the manner that we all had been trained,” he explained to CBS’ 60 Minutes in 2007. After the roadside bomb was detonated, Wuterich said that, "My responsibility as a squad leader is to make sure that none of the rest of my guys died. And at that point, we were still on the assault."

Lt. Col. Joseph Kloppel, spokesman of the Camp Pendleton marine Corps base near San Diego, California, told the media on Monday that "By pleading guilty to this charge, Staff Sergeant Wuterich has accepted responsibility for his actions.”
    http://rt.com/usa/news/wuterich-hadi...ians-iraq-513/

Three months for a war crime is weak as hell!!! He pleaded guilty...shocking.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Ireland
    Is it any wonder people in the Middle East hate America?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i'll clue you both in on something - most americans could care less about this sort of shit. this will be in the news for a minute or two, then gone forever.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Fuck, it took 7 years to resolve this!?

I remember my Dad showing me various american news websites, contra european websites when this happened. It was all over european news, whereas NO american websites mentioned it. That's probably why you never heard of it, Symphonic. This is gonna sound cliché, but the "free" press is more of "commersial" press. It's only in the news if nobody pays you not to run it.

This is bullshit, by the way. Shoot the fucker, shoot him in the motherfucking head. Boohoo, my friends died by a roadside bomb. Yeah, you're invading a foreign country. What did you expect? Flowers and rainbows? Fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking idiots. Fuck soldiers, fuck war, fuck politicians, fuck the judge and fuck the "free" press.
    Last edited by EvilNed; 25-Jan-2012 at 09:40 AM. Reason: fuck this edit function

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    -but illegally download movies and lose years of your life.

WONT SOMEBODY THINK OF THE BUSINESS TYCOONS!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Shit, they even released a film about the events... 5 years ago! And it's somehow resolved NOW!?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0870211/

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    This is bullshit, by the way. Shoot the f*cker, shoot him in the motherf*cking head. Boohoo, my friends died by a roadside bomb. Yeah, you're invading a foreign country. What did you expect? Flowers and rainbows? F*cking, f*cking, f*cking, f*cking idiots. F*ck soldiers, f*ck war, f*ck politicians, f*ck the judge and f*ck the "free" press.
    no. it was flowers and bunnies we were expecting not rainbows. yeah, i agree f*ck the "free" press. that is one of the things the constitution needs to be rid of. the press does nothing but manipulate people not inform them. that's the reason why i would rather f*cking die than waste two seconds on places like CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc. liberal. conservative - who gives a f*ck. it is all the same manipulative shit using language designed to evoke emotional not rational responses.

if i am ever lucky enough to become a dictator, f*cking journalists better run for the border because they are going to be at the top of my proscription list (that's a roman term for a list of people who can be legally murdered by anyone without penalty), followed by politicians and the 2,000 or so richest people that i can lay my hands on.
    Last edited by Mike70; 24-Jan-2012 at 07:50 PM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    Wow!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan