Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XBox 720 6x more powerful than the 360?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    But yeah, pfft, there's no way there's 5 more years of life in the PS3 - no chance.
    ^ This. There is no chance in hell the P$3 will last another 5 years.

I'm with Danny on this one. Looking back at my own personal Xbox360 experience, I won't be putting any more money into M$'s pocket for the 720 (is that really what they're gonna call it? )

Let's see.. multiple returned consoles with the RROD, issues with every single controller (especially the rechargeable ones), XBL fees (too damn expensive), accounts getting hacked and the shithead Xbox "security team" (HAH!) taking FOUR MONTHS to return a gamertag (long story - with the right tools I could've solved this problem this in 48hrs max. Their "security" team must is apparently a bunch of 12 year old morons).. the lies their support and security team told me during the stolen gamertag issue alone were enough for me to never want to support another thing they ever do.

So yeah, after all the problems above (and there's more - i'm just too lazy to type it all out here) there's no way I will invest in another Micro$oft gaming machine unless it comes with a redheaded hooker dressed in a french maid outfit, willing to do my every bidding.

And we all know that ain't gonna happen.

Super Moderator

UK
    Or will it?

As for the title - that's not the official title, just what every website is calling it for lack of a real name.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Bring it on, I've enjoyed the 360 more than any console since SNES.

United States
    Or will it?
    Thanks, MZ... You realize if it does, I would have a seriously difficult time saying no...

Anyone know the scientific name for redhead addiction? Yeah, I got it.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 02-Feb-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: redheaded bacon!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I won't be putting any more money into M$'s pocket for the 720 (is that really what they're gonna call it? )
    No - why does everyone think it's really going to be called XBOX 720? The 360 was originally named (by the media) as Xenon, NextBox, and some others. XBOX 720 is just a temporary name being used by news outlets, almost certainly given by whoever leaked the info.

Anyway, I will definitely be picking one of these up. I own both PS3 and XBOX 360. I play the 360 at least 10x more than the PS3. Most likely because I'm usually gaming with or talking to friends, and the PlayStation Network is absolute garbage if you want to do something like that. Everyone bitches about having to pay for XBL, but I think it's totally worth it in regards to the piece of shit free network Sony has (not to mention having to update like once every two weeks - some updates fucking up settings). On top of that, whenever I feel like looking at my trophy collection I have to sit there for at least a minute while it "generates". Also, what's up with HAVING to install every single game you want to play on the PS3?

Don't get me wrong - I like the PS3. And I've gone through about 5 XBOX consoles. However, when the choice comes during the next gen, I'll be taking Microsoft's side. Not only that, but the new XBOX will be out well before the next Playstation; Sony has openly shot down any notion of PS4 being announced in 2012 so Microsoft has at least a year's jump start.
    Last edited by MikePizzoff; 03-Feb-2012 at 06:27 AM. Reason: .

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    And I've gone through about 5 XBOX consoles.
    Holy sh*t, man! I understand that you prefer their live network, but I just can't see how you can back a company that's put out such a faulty product. I mean....FIVE?!?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    No - why does everyone think it's really going to be called XBOX 720?
    Maybe, and I'm not sure here, but stick with me on this.... it's because that's what everyone is calling it?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Holy sh*t, man! I understand that you prefer their live network, but I just can't see how you can back a company that's put out such a faulty product. I mean....FIVE?!?
    If the next Xbox isn't built like a brick shithouse, I'd be really surprised. Like any major corporation, MS like money - and the $1 billion price tag on their rushed tech wouldn't have made any of the bigwigs happy - plus it gave them a reputation, which they've managed to mostly surmount, but they can't afford to had ropey tech next time round either.

United States
    I don't think they've surmounted anything to be honest. The 360 to this day still has a reputation of being unreliable. Hell, I'm still waiting for my next RROD.

Super Moderator

UK
    I don't think they've surmounted anything to be honest. The 360 to this day still has a reputation of being unreliable. Hell, I'm still waiting for my next RROD.

Considering they're the most popular console out there right now, I'd say they surmounted the RROD and tech issues just fine - it's still there and it's still a valid criticism for sure, but not as bad as it once was mind you - and it's not stopped the masses piling on the Xbox360 wagon.

Super Moderator

United States
    I'm still waiting for my next RROD.
    The lover spurned protests in the morning, but is back at his lady love's door come evening.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    The lover spurned protests in the morning, but is back at his lady love's door come evening.
    Monocle wearing motherfucker...

That's the best part in Cop Out.

United States
    Considering they're the most popular console out there right now, I'd say they surmounted the RROD and tech issues just fine - it's still there and it's still a valid criticism for sure, but not as bad as it once was mind you - and it's not stopped the masses piling on the Xbox360 wagon.
    MZ, let me ask you this: how many times did your console RROD on you?

Most popular or not,to say they've "got past it" is a rather large overstatement. Not sure how it is where you are in the UK, but everyone I know still has an extremely sour taste in their mouth from this experience - and trust me, it will have an affect on the sales of the new consoles. Look at me - I'm one who will NOT buy into the next gen M$ console - why? because of the incredibly horrific experiences I've had with the RROD, and other things like their completely shitty and worthless "security team" - as well as the horrific "customer service" over there (if that's what you wanna call it).

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post

When you pay that much for a console and all these stupid frackin' games (not to mention sending the goddamn thing back many times for replacements), of course you're going to continue to play it - gotta get my $'s worth out of this POS somehow!

Now, if wanna ask a valid question, ask me the last game I bought for the thing. You'd be surprised at how long ago it was.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 03-Feb-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: ..

United States
    Most popular or not,to say they've "got past it" is a rather large overstatement. Not sure how it is where you are in the UK, but everyone I know still has an extremely sour taste in their mouth from this experience - and trust me, it will have an affect on the sales of the new consoles. Look at me - I'm one who will NOT buy into the next gen M$ console - why? because of the incredibly horrific experiences I've had with the RROD, and other things like their completely shitty and worthless "security team" - as well as the horrific "customer service" over there (if that's what you wanna call it).
    Considering the continued success of the console has actually increased over the years, and in 2011 the 360 was the top selling console worldwide for the first time, you are an anomalous data point. While the 360 had hardware problems in the past, it's obviously not affecting people's confidence in buying millions of systems every year.

Also, your continued use of "M$" makes you look like a tool.

Super Moderator

United States
    Just going to throw it out now...

Let's not get personal over a gaming system and its corporate producer.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany