Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dawn04 sequel 'Army of the Dead' info and death

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    *Agrees with Symph and begins to do so*

United States
    I can't believe i'm even going to bring this up, but I have to ask...

"raping" zombies? How is this possible, does a male zombie's junk still function? How is that even possible?!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    I can't believe i'm even going to bring this up, but I have to ask...

"raping" zombies? How is this possible, does a male zombie's junk still function? How is that even possible?!
    Yeah, like you don't know...

It's simple: rigor mortis. Why do you think they call it a "stiffy"

United States
    This script has already been done... with mutants back in 1980.

Humanoids from the Deep (1980)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080904/

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    This script has already been done... with mutants back in 1980.

Humanoids from the Deep (1980)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080904/
    Mmmm, true to an extent. Except they had a somewhat plausable excuse for the fish men's "urges" IIRC.

Plus Humanoid on Girl action was kinda hot.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Honestly you guys whine and moan that its all been done and theres no original zombie movies out there, as soon as a director dares to make one you do nothing but criticsize!
    I was (and still am) a staunch defender of Dawn04...but zombie rapists? Heck no, that sounds really shit.

It puts me in mind of that wonderful youtube parody called "revenge of the gang bang zombies" a while back?

All I can think of now is that french guys voice over..."gong bong...gong bong...gonnng bonnng"

Last edited by Legion2213; 28-Feb-2012 at 01:29 AM. Reason: gong bong
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post

That was so awesome it needs to be posted twice.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Jon View Post
    Being honest. Most zombie movies suck.

I love 'em but it's a genre with few really good movies.
    ain't that the truth.

since we've turned to dawn 04 - i still am not a fan of the movie at all. i think it is a rather shitty and disposable, (funny saying that since we've been bitching about it for SEVEN f*cking years on here) film. my main problem with it isn't zombie babies. it is the fact that the movie just isn't done very well. it is like watching a track meet where the only event is the 100 yard dash.
    there's no pacing, no depth, no feeling, no substance to it at all. it is the coke zero of zombie movies.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Banned
    Banned User

Aaland
    I'm honestly surprised that the Dawn remake didn't get a sequel--it was very popular, and made alot of money.

-- -------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Jon View Post
    That was so awesome it needs to be posted twice.
    Those zombies must be Russian.

Gang rape has been a time-honored pastime of the Red Army since before the Russian Revolution...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Markham View Post
    I'm honestly surprised that the Dawn remake didn't get a sequel--it was very popular, and made alot of money.
    Me too! I wish they had done a sequel!

But I still stand by my comments that Dawn04 had some silly script choices.
    1) People not seemingly overly concerned about their own survival. ie: Wondering off where in reality you'd be taking every precaution you could.
    2) 'Scripted zombies'. ie: Zombie that just happened to be in the right place at the right time, and new just when to be ninja quiet, or climb up onto pipes in car parks to drop down on the survivors that were scripted to be walking under them sometime soon (Think the screw driver zombie in Dawn78, but over and over and over again)

Again, I'm not saying the film was bad, but if the script had just been tightened up, it could have been an epic flick IMHO.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

Aaland
    To address your points:

1. Again--how were they not concerned about their own survival? If anything, they seemed very proactive about wanting to live. They took lots of precautions to find other people at first--well, they did as best they could, with the signs and all. And then, when it came time to split, they did a great job fortifying the parking shuttles when they attempted to make their getaway to the Great Lakes.

Their plans might not have been perfect...but they were certainly more thought out than the survivors in the original....who flew off into the night in a stolen helicopter. According to Fran herself, they didn't even know where they were going--they didn't have food, water, or even a radio.

I dunno...why don't you be a little more specific about who "wondered" off?

2. "Scripted zombies"? Come on, Neil....there were just as many in the original Dawn as there were in the remake...as there are in any zombie flick.

I don't think it's a masterpiece, by any means. It's a good flick that reflects the production and writing standards in the time it was made. It was a big hit one way or the other, and it ushered in a whole new wave of young zombie fans...many of whom actually prefer the remake to the original. The same way the Night remake is preferred over the original by many younger fans. Personally, I don't think it ever could've been "epic"--I think that we got about as good as could be expected with what they were trying to do.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with the original every time....but that doesn't mean that I think the remake is a chunk of shit, neither. No. From the very first time I saw the original as a 12 year old child in 1986, it's been part of my DNA. To this day, it was the best time I ever had watching a movie on home video (not counting the time I found my cousin Little Ronny's copy of "Little Oral Annie Takes Manhattan" two years before), and it's a movie that I've literally NEVER gotten tired of...and that's after at least 1500+ viewings.

What I see alot of in this forum are fans who are down with the original to the point where they feel they have to talk shit about the remake to...I dunno...maybe prove their loyalties. I feel no such need to do so. I'm secure enough with the quality of the original that I can look at the remake and enjoy it for what it is as well--and it'll never take the original's place in my heart OR my DVD collection.

Administrator

England
    I Think neil is refering to the whole dumb girl going after her dog thing which i have argued with him on several times. it is realistic if you ask me, her character is a dumb girl.

Banned
    Banned User

Aaland
    If that's the case, well..... <shrugs>

In all fairness, though...when I walked into the theater in 2004 to see the remake for the first time, I was expecting to see the Night 90 treatment applied to Dawn of the Dead. I was blown away by the quality of the opening credits montage...which for me made the film...and spent the second half of the film waiting for the bikers to show up.

Administrator

England
    If that's the case, well..... <shrugs>

In all fairness, though...when I walked into the theater in 2004 to see the remake for the first time, I was expecting to see the Night 90 treatment applied to Dawn of the Dead. I was blown away by the quality of the opening credits montage...which for me made the film...and spent the second half of the film waiting for the bikers to show up.
    The first 20-30 mins of it were epic, except for:-
    - Ninja zombie kid from next door. ie: Defying gravity when jumping up.
    - Death = immediate contact lenses? Huh? Only been dead 1 minute so why different?
    - Death = immediate godzilla vocal chords? Huh? Only been dead 1 minute so why different?

These things just hit me as insulting. They imply the view that the audience are too dim to understand what's going on so need help with stupid cues!

-- -------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I Think neil is refering to the whole dumb girl going after her dog thing which i have argued with him on several times. it is realistic if you ask me, her character is a dumb girl.
    The girl is an example, but there is a current of lack of interest in survival if memory serves!

-- -------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

2. "Scripted zombies"? Come on, Neil....there were just as many in the original Dawn as there were in the remake...as there are in any zombie flick.
    I've not seen it for a long time. So tell me if I'm right/wrong.

I seem to recall for example in a parking lot, a bunch of zombies attacking the survivors? The zombies are quiet (in their running/vocally) as required? Do I also not recall a zombie (legless?) dropping from above? Again, why is a zombie climbing around up there, and also being quiet when necessary? Am I being fair to these moments/scenes?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

Aaland
    The only thing I found even borderline "insulting" about the film/script was that they felt the need to be so overtly Politically Correct about the micorcosm of society that winds up in the Mall.

The black guys had to be bad-asses...and at least one had to be gangsta. The white guys (with the exception of the asshole with the boat) had to be weak and unassuming, or straight up dorks. There had to be at least one interracial couple, and one homosexual (although I've seen it argued that the truck driver woman was a lesbian).

Honestly, the PC aspect felt like it was shoved down my throat.

-- -------- Post added at 05:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The first 20-30 mins of it were epic, except for:-
    - Ninja zombie kid from next door. ie: Defying gravity when jumping up.
    - Death = immediate contact lenses? Huh? Only been dead 1 minute so why different?
    - Death = immediate godzilla vocal chords? Huh? Only been dead 1 minute so why different?

These things just hit me as insulting. They imply the view that the audience are too dim to understand what's going on so need help with stupid cues!

-- -------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

The girl is an example, but there is a current of lack of interest in survival if memory serves!

-- -------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

I've not seen it for a long time. So tell me if I'm right/wrong.

I seem to recall for example in a parking lot, a bunch of zombies attacking the survivors? The zombies are quiet (in their running/vocally) as required? Do I also not recall a zombie (legless?) dropping from above? Again, why is a zombie climbing around up there, and also being quiet when necessary? Am I being fair to these moments/scenes?
    You're being fair to the scenes.

But, there are just as many "jump scares" in the original.