Thread: Is it true? Surely it's too good to be true?

Administrator

England

Is it true? Surely it's too good to be true?

In a couple of days we'll be watching new episodes of The Walking Dead?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yup. And these are the first to have absolutely nothing to do with Darabont. Fingers crossed...

Also a reminder for US members, AMC will air the entire series leading into the new episode. Season 1 on Saturday, with Season 2 leading into the new episode on Sunday.
    Last edited by bassman; 10-Feb-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Also a reminder for US members, AMC will air the entire series leading into the new episode. Season 1 on Saturday, with Season 2 leading into the new episode on Sunday.
    Lucky mutter futters!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Lucky mutter futters!
    Indeed ... however I think we Brits still have to wait until Friday next week to see the 2x08 ... I've no idea what those apparently trailers for FX were about (they had the time at 9.15pm on a Tuesday on channel 110 ... when it's always been 10pm on a Friday on channel 124). I'm wondering if those ads (posted somewhere on here) were fakes...?

Either way, this time next week I'll be counting down the hours like a kid on Christmas Eve.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Indeed ... however I think we Brits still have to wait until Friday next week to see the 2x08 ... I've no idea what those apparently trailers for FX were about (they had the time at 9.15pm on a Tuesday on channel 110 ... when it's always been 10pm on a Friday on channel 124). I'm wondering if those ads (posted somewhere on here) were fakes...?

Either way, this time next week I'll be counting down the hours like a kid on Christmas Eve.
    I share the sentiment, be it like a kid who just found out Santa isn't real but still hopes mom and dad didn't screw up and bought him clothes and stuff and nothing else ...
    Cautiously optimistic after Mazzara's promise to up the horror factor. As much as I love the series it needs more dread. And better writing.
    fingers crossed idd
    Last edited by krisvds; 10-Feb-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England

You're right! Friday!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    You're right! Friday!
    I'm very confused about those trailers then ... they must be fakes - but why? Just trying to get views perhaps ... but how lame ... can't even get the on-screen info correct.

Anyway - it's not like we have to wait longer than usual at least! Regardless - bring on the awesomeness as-and-when!

Super Moderator

United States
    Considering we don't know the quality of the new installments yet...yes, it may be too good to be true

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

England
    I think Pretty Much Dead Already was Mazzara's first episode.
    At the end of those trailers i posted i think you saw a quick advert for topuptv. So maybe its on a different platform on a different day.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I think Pretty Much Dead Already was Mazzara's first episode.
    In a recent interview he says that tonight's episode, Nebraska, is his first entry having absolutely nothing to do with Darabont.
    Last edited by bassman; 12-Feb-2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: .

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    In a recent interview he says that tonight's episode, Nebraska, is his first entry having absolutely nothing to do with Darabont.
    http://www.vulture.com/2012/02/walki...-darabont.html

But now, six months after Darabont left, with the first all-Mazzara episode about to air, can you say you have your own vision for the show?

I do. I see it as a horror show, and that just means to me that it needs to be incredibly suspenseful. That suspense could come from interpersonal drama or it could come from the zombie scare of the week. I’ve really been trying — and you’ll see in these next six episodes, but even in the midseason finale, which was the first final script that Frank did not touch — I’ve been trying to amp up the intensity of the show. To make it feel less safe, more dangerous, more in your face, taking away any good options for the characters. Their backs are against the wall and they’re frightened. I’m trying to keep the show as immediate as possible, so that an audience member can imagine themselves in that situation, and wonder, What would I do? That is something that I think I’m bringing to the show. Hopefully you can see that I’m trying to push people into new emotional territory.
    Bit confusing.
    Last edited by kidgloves; 12-Feb-2012 at 12:34 PM. Reason: ,

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    If I remember correctly from the Nerdist Writer's Panel that Mazzara featured on, he seemed to be saying that the whole hoopla happened after episode six (as we know it) had wrapped, and they were in pre-production on episode seven (as we know it) - so in other words 2x07 "Pretty Much Dead Already" initially had Darabont's involvement, but during the process early on of working on that episode the shit went down and he was gone ... so they finished that episode, and therefore the first half of the season, without him. 2x08 "Nebraska" is the first episode without any Darabont involvement (whereas 2x07 had some initial involvement).

That's how I understood it from what he was saying on that Nerdist Writer's Panel that Mazzara was on, anyway. Sounds like he's got his head screwed on with the show continuing though - I have faith in the guy, and he certainly sounds like a good egg from that podcast. I suddenly forget who alerted me to that particular podcast, but it was a fellow Brit on here a couple of weeks ago IIRC.

England
    That's how I understood it from what he was saying on that Nerdist Writer's Panel that Mazzara was on, anyway. Sounds like he's got his head screwed on with the show continuing though - I have faith in the guy, and he certainly sounds like a good egg from that podcast. I suddenly forget who alerted me to that particular podcast, but it was a fellow Brit on here a couple of weeks ago IIRC.
    That would be moi. Im really interested to see Mazzara's influence especially since ive been reading that he wanted to return to a 70's vibe of shooting the show. He's also stated Sidney Lumet's style as a major influence on him and I absolutely love Lumet's movies and 70's movies in general.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    That would be moi. Im really interested to see Mazzara's influence especially since ive been reading that he wanted to return to a 70's vibe of shooting the show. He's also stated Sidney Lumet's style as a major influence on him and I absolutely love Lumet's movies and 70's movies in general.
    As a big fan of 'the New Hollywood' vibe, I'd certainly be up for some of that rubbing off on the show.

England
    Norman Reedus posted a pic from set last night on Twitter of him sat on the bike covered in blood, with a car behind him that had blood spattered up the front as well, a big hint at some action there!!
    He also posted a link to some limited edition prints of zombies which Nicotero has done which I'm sure plenty of you guys would like to get your hands on! go to http://www.20eyesco.com