Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead Season 2 Special Edition Blu Ray

United States
    But..future proofing..good quality..
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by childofgilead View Post
    [/IMG]
    You must have gone cross-eyed sitting that close!

Bassman - did we know in advance, though? I thought we were all just theorising because the extras package was so lacklustre on the initial release (only web videos) - indeed I was just holding out out of sheer belief that there'd be a better version. Hmmm...

Now something like Avatar - they were very clear up-front about that (hence why I waited for the 3-disc blu-ray with all its lovely sexy extra content) - but I can't recall a specific alert ahead of time for TWD Season 1 ... maybe I missed a post about it?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Bassman - did we know in advance, though? I thought we were all just theorising because the extras package was so lacklustre on the initial release (only web videos) - indeed I was just holding out out of sheer belief that there'd be a better version. Hmmm...

Now something like Avatar - they were very clear up-front about that (hence why I waited for the 3-disc blu-ray with all its lovely sexy extra content) - but I can't recall a specific alert ahead of time for TWD Season 1 ... maybe I missed a post about it?
    It was never stated upfront by AMC, but we all pieced it together before the release of the bare bones version. If I remember correctly, Darabont had mentioned the B&W version of the pilot on a special edition set and also the documentary by Constatine Nasir. I also seem to remember a comment by Kirkman stating that a better verison would indeed be coming later.

Also, AMC has always released it's season sets just before the premiere of the new season(series, as I believe you guys call it). Even though TWD was rare with six episodes, it was speculated from the beginning that it was just a way to cash in on the popularity and the real set would be released just before season two. That turned out to be true.

Basically it was putting together hints and AMC's prior release dates, but it was pretty much a given. I think this season they won't be pulling the same marketing gimmick. There will be only one edition and it will release just before season three begins.
    Last edited by bassman; 11-Feb-2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    You must have gone cross-eyed sitting that close!
    hahahaha..it's not actually as close as it looks, but you're right, I get alot of grief for sitting close..but hey, why not take advantage when there isn't anybody else here to block?

Were deleted scenes included in the special edition? That's what always has me curious, especially w/ season 2, seeing as how much was apparently excised due to not being able to use it..I kinda find that claim..dubious.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Super Moderator

UK
    I do hope that they include 'the original episodes 1 and 2' for the fans - I'd be really interested to see what they were like, plus there's so much lost information and footage as a result of that merging of episodes 1 and 2 - it'd be nice for the fans to see that content so they can have it in their mind as they watch the actual, final version of episode 1.

England
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I hope we get a proper treatment for home video here in the UK for season two - we got screwed on season one. I shouldn't have to go to the fuss and expense of importing the special edition of season one (which I would like to have on Blu-Ray) - a Region B SE release of season one at the same time as an SE release of season two (also on blu) here in the UK would be ideal. I hope AMC et al are paying attention to their international fans!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by childofgilead View Post
    True, but with my laptop crapping out, I don't have a Blu-Ray capable player..is the PS3s version good enough to not only purchase one but have that as the primary?
    *sidetracks thread for a brief moment to answer this question*

cog - a PS3 is actually the best way to go if you're trying to "future proof" your Blu-Ray player. Consider this: Sony is the pioneer of Blu Ray technology. The PS3 is always going to be the most updated BR player out there if just for the fact that it's Sony's own hardware... and they certainly aren't going to put out a machine like the PS3 without making sure it can be updated to the current BR standard for many, many years to come.

Many other non-Sony brands will come and go, and when they go, don't expect software updates much long (if at all). My current Philips player is in that situation. It's a fantastic BR player, but it's discontinued, and guess what? That's right, no more firmware/software updates, ever. It hasn't affected me yet, but one day a BR is going to come out that will only work with the lastest firmware/software and that means I'll get a nice message saying "oops, can't play this, sorry, sucker. Next time buy a PS3"

That being said, it's not the "best" BR player out there, but it is the most future-proof player.

Ok, sorry about that everyone, just wanted to answer cog's question.

"...We now return you to your regularly scheduled program already in progress..."
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 27-Mar-2012 at 07:08 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It turns out that this thing isn't specifically for the Season Two set. On another forum I visit, members say they've already purchased this. You have to seperately supply the SEASON ONE blu ray set to go in the damn thing. You would only be buying the empty sculpt...

Perhaps the Season Two set will also fit inside, but this news makes it a definite pass....
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Mar-2012 at 07:10 PM. Reason: .

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It turns out that this thing isn't specifically for the Season Two set. On another forum I visit, members say they've already purchased this. You have to seperately supply the SEASON ONE blu ray set to go in the damn thing. You would only be buying the empty sculpt...

Perhaps the Season Two set will also fit inside, but this news makes it a definite pass....
    Im confused. Are you saying that you only get the sculpture but NO blu-rays? It says " The Walking Dead: The Complete Second Season (Limited Edition) [Blu-ray]" on the page i've linked to.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Im confused. Are you saying that you only get the sculpture but NO blu-rays? It says " The Walking Dead: The Complete Second Season (Limited Edition) [Blu-ray]" on the page i've linked to.
    That's what i've been told. Perhaps they'll re-release it with Season Two within the sculpture in October, but i've been told you can by the sculpture in stores right now. I'm puzzled by the whole thing too...
    Last edited by bassman; 27-Mar-2012 at 08:09 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Well surely on Amazon it's a pre-order for the sculpture plus the S2 BR?

Undisclosed
    I pre-ordered the standard Blu-ray edition a few days ago. I'm still not sure of the release date. I really don't need the special packaging. I prefer uniformity on my shelves. Just don't need a big ole zombie head sitting there.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by zomtom View Post
    I pre-ordered the standard Blu-ray edition a few days ago. I'm still not sure of the release date. I really don't need the special packaging. I prefer uniformity on my shelves. Just don't need a big ole zombie head sitting there.
    I agree. While it might be what some want, I do prefer to have some uniformity in my shelves - like you zomtom - so a great big unwieldy sculpture would kind of put a spanner in the works.

England
    Mazarra talks about the season 2 dvd/blu-ray

http://www.fearnet.com/news/intervie...nner_glen.html

I'm liking the way he's keeping fans updated. He's prolific on Twitter.

Regarding The Walking Dead season 2 on DVD, Glen Mazzara remarked, "We don't have a release date yet for the season 2 DVD… There will be five commentaries – for the first episode, "Pretty Much Dead Already", "Nebraska", "Judge, Jury, Executioner", and the finale. There will be many deleted scenes with my commentary as to why they were cut. There will be a special bonus feature of cut material that we sort of turned into a little featurette. I think there's a lot of AMC's behind-the-scenes featurettes. There will also be, in the deleted scenes, I think it's almost twelve minutes of footage that was cut very early on. And I will do a detailed commentary as to why that was cut and why we didn't think it was pushing the story forward."

MY HOME CINEMA