Thread: Well, it happened.......

United States

Well, it happened.......

......a sort time ago I was doing some cleaning,......yes, I do that at times......I had the radio on and "I Got the Moves Like Jagger" came on.......oh my LORD ...... I caught myself singing along with it!!!!! SOMEBODY SHOOT ME IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i can't help you out because i've never even heard of that tune...
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    i know that annoying song. my girlfriend teaches a dance aerobics class and that's one of her new songs this semester.

i work with a guy who has a younger wife, two step-daughters, and a daughter of his own. he's always got his truck radio on pop stations and sings along at times, till he notices me snickering.

pop music is constantly evolving into an even shittier-sounding mess of noise.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    pop music is constantly evolving into an even shittier-sounding mess of noise.
    It's not just pop music, Prof. All music is becoming shit. Country music died somewhere around the early 90's for example. And, if you ask me, rap has always been shit (well, except maybe a few Cypress Hill and Gheto Boyz songs I find infinitely amusing).

The worst part of it all is that you know all these tween girls who are just DYING over this shitty song are asking everyone: "Like, who's this Jagger guy they keep talking about in this song?!"

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Super Moderator

United States
    A catchy tune is a catchy tune. I'm not going to get bent out of shape over generational issues or snobbery, because music from 10, 30 and 40 years ago wasn't any better in many respects and most of this comes down to personal taste. The only thing that bothers me is the overall de-emphasizing of actual musical talent in many performers and the basic musicianship that's missing. There's a lot of stars and not many musicians in "the biz."

But hey, with readily available electronic media, the internet and all that jazz, it's never been so easy to find good new artists. Who cares if they're not played all over the radio or tv or whatever?

MOOOOoooooOOOOOoooooOOOOoooooOOOOOOoooooo-ves like Jagger! <----I actually think it's pretty catchy.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post

But hey, with readily available electronic media, the internet and all that jazz, it's never been so easy to find good new artists. Who cares if they're not played all over the radio or tv or whatever?
    This. Technology has progressed to the point where you can literally make your own radio station or playlists, so there's absolutely no point in complaining about current trends. Which, as Aces pointed out, have been bad for decades. You DON'T have to listen to it anymore. And saying popular music has only become bad recently is just be a grumpy old fart complaining about those 'heathens' on your lawn. Get off your rocking chair and stop bitchin.

As for the OP....I don't think i've heard the song.
    Last edited by bassman; 11-Feb-2012 at 12:44 PM. Reason: .

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Country music died somewhere around the early 90's for example.
    I laugh out loud every time I hear Brantley Gilbert drawl "in every state there's a station playing Cash, Hank, Willie, and Waylon" ("Country Must Be Country Wide"). What stations is he listening to? Every country station I've been able to find in the past several years, those musicians are nothing but a name check.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    again, what the fuck are you all on about?
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."