Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TWD 2x08 "Nebraska" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    I still feel that Lori's car accident was overdone, dramatically speaking, and cliched to boot with the whole taking her eyes off the road to look at a map being held against the front of the steering wheel. I've seen that EXACT SAME SEQUENCE numerous times.
    Gotta give it to you on this one, I completely agree. It was so cliche I took it for granted and put it right out of my mind, though I do think I recall rolling my eyes when it happened. I'd say it was the low point of the episode for me--an otherwise solid episode, by my reckoning.

-- -------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by White_Zombie View Post
    The speculation alone kills me, and i really hope I'm wrong because if I'm not it's gonna poke some serious holes in the credibility of TWD world.

I fear this is going to be the case.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    I thought it was an ok episode and I too could see the car crash coming just as soon Lori was trying to read the map. I have a feeling that this is just going to be used as a twist on the Sophia storyline but this time many people not willing to waste time on a hopeless search and want to leave the farm.

The pizza hut $10 dinner box did look really intriguing.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by White_Zombie View Post
    My speculation is DR.Jenner told him you don't need to be bit to turn
    my father is almost entirely deaf and reads lips very well (i'm decent at it). he's watched that segment a few times and his best guess (and you can't see jenner's entire mouth) is that jenner says something along the lines of: "it's too late. you're all infected."
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    my father is almost entirely deaf and reads lips very well (i'm decent at it). he's watched that segment a few times and his best guess (and you can't see jenner's entire mouth) is that jenner says something along the lines of: "it's too late. you're all infected."
    I believe they say that the actors didn't even know what they were saying/hearing....

I guess if we're taking shots at what will soon be revealed in the series, it was either the secret that Lori is pregnant(which is now counted out because Rick knows), or that everyone will become walkers when they die. Big shocker, we're the walking dead! Dum dum dummmmm
    Last edited by bassman; 14-Feb-2012 at 01:55 AM. Reason: .

United States
    Ray Charles could have seen the dukes of hazzard car crash and the I'm not dead yet step mom walker jump scare coming...but if I got to put up with a couple old outdated, or obvious gags so the mindless mass will continue to tune in and keep the ratings up I guess it's worth it, just keep the gags to a minimum please!
    I loved the entire bar scene, great dialogue and great acting. I also enjoy watching Shane continue to de evolve. I read somewhere that Darabont has a new show in the works and he has reportedly offered the lead to John Bernthal (Shane). As much as I sometimes dont like Shane, I'm not sure I am ready to see him leave the show either.
    Last edited by Zombie Snack; 14-Feb-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: left out a word
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Undisclosed
    Yeah; the bar scene was pure gold. Solid acting, good suspense, great writing.
    Also liked the moment where Andrea jumps out of the truck to go pick up that arm. She's come a long way ....
    The storyline concerning Lori however was just plain weird. There she was, angry at Rick that he was leaving their son again only to leave Carl herself a couple of hours later. For what reason? At that time there was just no point. Why not ask someone else to accompany her? Why the rush? They werent gone that long to get really worried. It seemed like an excuse to isolate her from the group and put her in jeopardy.
    And the crash was just plain silly.
    All in all TWD keeps delivering really great scenes mixed with really bad ones.
    Last edited by krisvds; 14-Feb-2012 at 03:47 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    The storyline concerning Lori however was just plain weird. There she was, angry at Rick that he was leaving their son again only to leave Carl herself a couple of hours later. For what reason? At that time there was just no point.
    Sounds like they've captured the essence of the female thought process, to me

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Sounds like they've captured the essence of the female thought process, to me
    Ha! You might be on to something there. In fact; brilliant writing! Makes Lori a believable and deep character. What was i thinking?
    Last edited by krisvds; 14-Feb-2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: .

England
    Loved it despite the obvious plot contrives as others have pointed out.
    All the bar scenes with Herschel and Rick were excellent. Scott Wilson seems to have got his head around the character now and im looking forward to seeing the guy on screen every week. I might have to dump Dale for Herschel unless Dale pulls his finger out. I don't think there is room for both of them the way they are written at the moment unfortunately.
    Also really enjoyed Andrea picking up the arm and the nonchalant way she tossed it onto the truck.
    Looks like Carl is starting his way down the same path as the comics and Riggs looks more than capable of pulling it off. Lets hope he doesn't grow to much eh?
    I was really surprised to see the guy from Terriers show up and then get blown away. I don't think it was a coincidence that Dave and Tony were from Philly.
    Next week looks great as well.
    Tick tock. Tick tock.

-- -------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

I wonder what effect the car crash will have on Lori's baby?
    Maybe a convenient way to get rid of the baby storyline?
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Aaland
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    [/COLOR]I wonder what effect the car crash will have on Lori's baby?
    Very true, good thinking i forget all about that.

Ireland
    Yeh, the "eliminated baby" angle was what I thought of too. Babies are a pain in the arse for production crews. PITA full stop, if you ask me. But, if one knows the comic then you know that

it doesn't end well for either Lori or baby anyway, but I doubt that AMC would have the balls to play out the storyline from the comic.

The "I'm not dead yet" step mum thing was terrible too.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I believe they say that the actors didn't even know what they were saying/hearing....
    like i said, he was making an educated guess as a lip reader. you can't see all of jenner's mouth (on purpose no doubt) because if you could then even i could tell you exactly what he said.

could all be a red herring too.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

I guess if we're taking shots at what will soon be revealed in the series, it was either the secret that Lori is pregnant(which is now counted out because Rick knows), or that everyone will become walkers when they die. Big shocker, we're the walking dead! Dum dum dummmmm
    No wait! I got what Jenner said! He DID take blood samples and medically check the group out, yes? So I'm thinking he whispered to Rick, "Your wife is pregnant." Would make Rick "figuring it out on his own" in that season 2 episode more plausible.
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarr View Post
    No wait! I got what Jenner said! He DID take blood samples and medically check the group out, yes? So I'm thinking he whispered to Rick, "Your wife is pregnant." Would make Rick "figuring it out on his own" in that season 2 episode more plausible.

Maybe but his facial expression showed more worry than that I thought, it seemed bigger in scope. I don't know. Maybe not, maybe he said it is not his as well... Beats me but I just really thought the everyone comes back thing seemed to make sense a scientist would know that. Especially one who was in a building full of suicide doctors who offed themselves. At least one had to hand themselves our poison themselves or OD. Ahh well all speculation at this point.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarr View Post
    I originally thought it was the prenancy, but after 208 I'm thinking that it's the fact that everyone comes back regardless of how they die. That's why Rick gave them the double tap with headshots and I think he'll reveal that in the next couple of episodes. Maybe even 209 when they're held up at the bar....