Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hows everyones weekend been?

England

Hows everyones weekend been?

I've had a decent one! I was quad bike trekking with my girlfriend yesterday which was great fun, tearing through the woods & jumping over ditches etc in the snow, then went to see "The Woman in Black" last night at the cinema, its not the greatest ghost story ever but I did enjoy it and it had some genuinely scary/creepy moments. Then today I've been paintballing all day, again the area is covered in deep snow so it was like Stalingrad definitely a good weekend anyway! So everyone else been up to much?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I've had a decent one! I was quad bike trekking with my girlfriend yesterday which was great fun, tearing through the woods & jumping over ditches etc in the snow, then went to see "The Woman in Black" last night at the cinema, its not the greatest ghost story ever but I did enjoy it and it had some genuinely scary/creepy moments. Then today I've been paintballing all day, again the area is covered in deep snow so it was like Stalingrad definitely a good weekend anyway! So everyone else been up to much?
    I did three fifths of sod all.

Today I finished editing together a promo video for someone, otherwise not an awful lot.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Paintballing in the snow? Genius. Brings back memories of my dying comrades, however.

England
    Yeah, I've been paintballing for 5 years now but its the first time I've played in any significant snow, certainly made it interesting!

United States
    it's definitely been a good one here...had an awesome pizza from one of my favorite local joints and an epic salad along with it on friday evening. last night my gf and i did some baby-sitting and spent time hanging with my adorable niece. and we're about to go to red lobster for dinner....

plus, The Fuckin' Walking Dead starts again tonight, so things are looking to get even better!

i'm also expecting to get my federal tax refund this week, so that's also something to look forward to.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Nothing special, but my mother has had the kid for the past 24 hours, so that's nice. Just started watching the marathon of TWD, cracked my first beer, and about to make some slaw dogs. It's gonna be a good night....

United States
    Hung out with my dad some Friday night - came home and watched the new episode of "Supernatural" and then read for a little while before crashing from being tired. Got up yesterday morning and went to get a haircut (I go to this old-school barber who has been around for like 50 years and he charges me $5 bucks for a high-and-tight haircut, I always give a $2 tip) and then went to work.

Only one other person showed up for work yesterday as we're technically off on Saturday but they offered overtime for anyone who came in to work on e-mails for customers. I was happy to do so because it's extra $$$ and I have no life so I might as well get some extra money. After work went by the Olive Garden as I had a gift card for the place and got something to go (sitting in a crowded restaurant with tons of other loud people I don't know? This INTJ says hell no!) and came home and ate and goofed off in the evening.

Today I contemplated going to mass this morning but then saw it was 25 degrees and decided absolutely not, got up bright and early instead around 12 and will be playing Netflix roulette today (randomizing your Netflix instant queue and closing your eyes and randomly picking a film without looking - it works wonders when you want to see everything in your Netflix queue but don't know what to pick) until "TWD" comes on tonight - then off to bed and to start it all over again at work tomorrow.

Yep, I'm one of the most boring people out there - and make no apologies for it. I just like keeping to myself though.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Looking after 14 hyperactive siberian huskies.

my head hurts...

United States
    My girlfriend went to visit her best friend this weekend, so I've had the apartment all to myself. I played a few games, tried the demo for Mass Effect 3 and just basically did nothing but sit around and use a plastic coathanger to scratch my left arm. Great weekend.
    If Kim Kardashian died tommorrow from a dick overdose I'd call her a dumb whore and move on, because that's what she was - Darth Los

Super Moderator

United States
    I'm jealous Tricky, I haven't been on a quad in ages, and paintballing is a distant memory for me

We entertained last night and had a christening to go today, followed by a gut-busting 5 course Italian meal (), which was nice as I was able to see a lot of friends I don't get to see as often as I used to.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Ireland
    I headed off to some town I hadn't been to before and dropped into the local alehouse for a couple of brews. Got talking to the barman and asked around to see if there was any work going.

He said he hadn't, so I went about town and asked somebody else. Didn't take too long before I bumped into someone who had something going.

Turned out that some big fella had been harassing passers by on the road and and he asked me to sort it out.

Bad idea anyway. I went up too close to this big guy and he got very angry. We got into a short scrap and I realised quickly that my strength wasn't as good as his, so I sprinted away, but ran out of puff very fast. He ran after me and caught up with me no problem. He then gave me an almighty whack with a large stick and nearly knocked me into orbit.

I was furious when I then realised that my last save was well over an hour before. Damn!
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I headed off to some town I hadn't been to before and dropped into the local alehouse for a couple of brews. Got talking to the barman and asked around to see if there was any work going.

He said he hadn't, so I went about town and asked somebody else. Didn't take too long before I bumped into someone who had something going.

Turned out that some big fella had been harassing passers by on the road and and he asked me to sort it out.

Bad idea anyway. I went up too close to this big guy and he got very angry. We got into a short scrap and I realised quickly that my strength wasn't as good as his, so I sprinted away, but ran out of puff very fast. He ran after me and caught up with me no problem. He then gave me an almighty whack with a large stick and nearly knocked me into orbit.

I was furious when I then realised that my last save was well over an hour before. Damn!
    Funnily enough the same thing happened to me last night! My friend tried valiantly to help out with her bow & arrow, but the big fella really had a mean swing, and his mammoth pals joined in too which really ruined my day!

@ Aces - quad biking is definitely good fun, it was a buzz tearing around the woods in snow leaping over logs & thrashing through boggy mud etc, although nowhere near as warm as when I hired a quad in Zante last summer and toured the island on it mesmerised by the stunning scenery!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Friday night my girlfriend and I got to meet/interview/hang out with a UK band from the 80's that I have idolized for over a decade. Was pretty star struck at first but then came to terms with them just being normal people like me, and had a good time. They played and I gave myself a severe case of whiplash and slipped a disc in my neck, so I've just been on the couch recovering since then. It was worth it, though.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Friday night my girlfriend and I got to meet/interview/hang out with a UK band from the 80's that I have idolized for over a decade.
    Wham! is reunited and touring again, then?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Friday night my girlfriend and I got to meet/interview/hang out with a UK band from the 80's that I have idolized for over a decade.
    Oh, posh. Everyone knows Mike has better taste than that! Be honest now, Mike, it was the Culture Club wasn't it?

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever