Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fifteen Years Old

Administrator

England

Fifteen Years Old

Today, Homepage of the Dead is fifteens years old! Over the course of the years the site has slowly grown and now includes many pages, articles and interviews which should hopefully prove of interest to both hardened fans and casual readers alike. Take a look through the Bits & Pieces Articles.

HPotD also probably has the most active forums on the internet regarding this genre, so for anyone wanting just a chat or wanting to obtain up to date information, these forums are a great resource. Come and join us in the Forums.

HPotD is also home to probably the most comprehensive memorabilia database for the genre as well. Wondering what merchandise has been made over the years? Then have a look through the Memorabilia Database.

And, without a doubt, this site also has the biggest collection of fiction for the genre on the internet - now over 1000 contribution. Fancy reading a couple of stories? Or the original scripts for Dawn and Day of the Dead? Then visit the Fiction Section.

However! What must be remembered is that none of this would have been possible without the regular visitors, posters and contributors who have quite simply helped keep this site alive. So a big thank you must go out to everyone who has visited and contributed over the past fifteen years!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Hey, thanks for having us. Trying to think how far back I was checking the site out, can't remember if it was in 05, or back when I got my first pc in 01. I just remember searching for something like Dawn or Day or Romero, and here I ended up. Took a long time after to finally join the forum, dunno why.
    It is a pretty dang sweeet site.
    Now excuse me whilst I wipe the brown off my nose...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks for let us be here!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    .....was i f*cking 8 when you made the first version of hpotd?!?

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Not quite all the way back, but here is a snapshot of the site from 1999!: http://web.archive.org/web/199901250...ofthedead.com/

Super Moderator

United States
    Wow, I've only hung out here for just over half that amount of time. Happy Birthday hpotd.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    .....was i fucking 8 when you made the first version of hpotd?!?
    And I was your age, Danny, and it really wasn't that long ago. Funny and scary how time flies.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    i fondly remember the joy i had when i first discovered this site back in 2001. i had just got stationed way far away from home and had little to no means of entertainment. one afternoon at an internet center on base, i stumbled upon this site and the fiction section. i was so thrilled to find out that there were other romero fans like myself.

didn't register for the forums till nearly five years later. i've met many cool people on here from all walks of life, some of you i've even met in person. i'm glad to "know" you guys i've made friends with on here, it's awesome that we all have such different lives/outlooks/opinions/backgrounds, yet we all have a unifying common interest.

thanks to neil and the mods for keeping this place running. here's to 15 more!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    .....was i f*cking 8 when you made the first version of hpotd?!?
    Indeed! It came out when Google was still just a dollar sign in a couple of guys imagination
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    dear GOD. that means I was 27 when i first stumbled upon this wonderful, infuriating, contentious, fractious masterpiece of a website.

now i'm 42. wow.

and on a lighter note: f*ck you for reminding us all how old we are getting.

-- -------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Not quite all the way back, but here is a snapshot of the site from 1999!: http://web.archive.org/web/199901250...ofthedead.com/
    talk about a trip down memory lane.

-- -------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post

And I was your age, Danny, and it really wasn't that long ago. Funny and scary how time flies.
    and believe me, brother, it keeps getting faster and faster. once you hit 35 or so, it seems like a year lasts about 6 months. all jokes aside. honest and for true. there is a scientific/biological reason for it but this is the wrong thread.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    I've been coming here since 1999?? Man, do I feel old! That means I go back to almost the beginning here.

I feel old

Super Moderator

UK
    Blimey o'reily - fifteen years old?! How time flies ... I've been here since 1998 (so I was 14 when I first hopped on here!), and I've never left. Best place on the internet. Fact. Thanks for keeping this place up and running Neil, and indeed everyone else involved in one way or another over the years. Come to think of it, I've literally spent half my life coming to HPOTD! Next year it'll begin being the majority...

Happy Birthday HPOTD!

United States
    If you wanted me to jump out of a cake you should have just asked.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    If you wanted me to jump out of a cake you should have just asked.

i just threw up in mouth and out of my nose.

your revenge is complete. bravo.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    i just threw up in mouth and out of my nose.

your revenge is complete. bravo.

No revenge sought. For revenge I would have posted something like this:

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post

No revenge sought. For revenge I would have posted something like this:

is that He-Man after Teela left him and he turned to meth and booze?