Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh dear, they've released the 2008 Day 'remake' (aka travesty) in 3D!

Super Moderator

UK

Oh dear, they've released the 2008 Day 'remake' (aka travesty) in 3D!

As Neil might say - oh dear!

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Day-of.../32738/#Review

However, the use of the word "decent" to describe this movie in any way, shape, form, or context is clear lunacy.

Day of the Dead is a decent Zombie time killer. The movie loses steam as its action intensifies, not because it's dull, but because it lacks purpose and direction. The characters are bland but the zombies are dangerous (even if the "vegetarian" zombie pretty much jumps the proverbial shark). The gore effects are solid, and the movie is a fun little diversion so long as audiences don't go in expecting to be mentally challenged along the way. Millennium Entertainment's Blu-ray 3D release of Day of the Dead features fair 3D video that doesn't lose too much in translation from the previous 2D-only version, but the 3D elements are a hit-miss-whatever affair, relying primarily on depth and a few good gimmick shots to counteract intense crosstalk. The audio track is fine but there are no supplements on this disc. 3D owners might find value in a rental, but the movie plays a little bit better in 2D.
    This movie was a horrendous, ghastly, disastrous, offensive waste of life of anyone involved in producing or viewing this garbage.

Administrator

England
    ^^ I've only seen a bits of it and it seemed utterly daft. How did this script make it to film?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This might be the perfect opportunity for me to purchase Day08 and get it off my DVR. I'm a sucker for bad movies and Day08 is pretty high on my list. PLUS bad 3D?!? This sounds like a must....
    Last edited by bassman; 16-Feb-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ I've only seen a bits of it and it seemed utterly daft. How did this script make it to film?
    And as someone trying to break into screenwriting, seeing such utter, utter, utter, utter, utter tosh get picked up and made (and earn people money to boot!) pisses me right off. Incredibly, I've seen the entire movie (in order to do one of my 'bitch lists' back in the day ... and it was just pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    This might be the perfect opportunity for me to purchase Day08 and get it off my DVR. I'm a sucker for bad movies and Day08 is pretty high on my list. PLUS bad 3D?!? This sounds like a must....
    Please just rent it if you must, don't support this garbage with hard-earned money. It's just offensive, this sloppy excuse for a movie. Ugh ... hate it.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Please just rent it if you must, don't support this garbage with hard-earned money. It's just offensive, this sloppy excuse for a movie. Ugh ... hate it.
    I know it is. That's what makes it oddly fun to watch.

And believe me....I've spent LOTS of money on bad films over the years, so this is nothing new to me....
    Last edited by bassman; 16-Feb-2012 at 02:17 PM. Reason: .

England
    Good god. Is there really a market for this shit.
    This is probably the only time in my life i've been offended by a movie. Im not even a fan of Day as well
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States

Oh boy! It's like the zombie was crawling on the ceiling like fucking Spider-Man RIGHT IN MY LIVING ROOM!!!

Don't do it BR owners. It's a plot by the DVD industry to make your machine kill itself.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 16-Feb-2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: TYYYYYYYYYPOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Super Moderator

United States

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    What makes it even worse is that those are just those chipboard/plasterboard tiles you find in many public buildings - those flimsy things you can snap very easily - yet there they're holding up an entire 'zombie' (the call these zombies is an offensive gesture to the entire sub-genre though), and even more than that as the thing scuttles across the ceiling the tiles break off in its wake ... the sheer idiocy of this movie exemplifies exactly how not to make a movie and the worst the film industry has to offer.

United States
    I've always wondered when a bad movie is still in its production stage being filmed, do you suppose that those involved ever stop for a second and think, "Are... are we making a completely crappy movie here?" only to dismiss the thought and continue filming. Much like the look when a squirrel is munching on something, then suddenly stops with a confused look on its face like, "Did... did I leave the gas on? Wait, no... I'm a f'ing squirrel!!!" then continues munching. [Thank you Eddie Izzard] www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGirG7iqXX0
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 17-Feb-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: ed
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    This movie was a horrendous, ghastly, disastrous, offensive waste of life of anyone involved in producing or viewing this garbage.
    fuckin crucifixion would be too good for the asshats responsible for this piece of cinematic afterbirth.

this "movie" just pisses me off for some reason - oh, that's right because it is a complete and utter disaster that is an insult to the viewer and anyone stupid or desperate enough to have had anything to do with it.

i would rather attempt to walk on the moon sans spacesuit than watch this pile again.

-- -------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

What makes it even worse is that those are just those chipboard/plasterboard tiles you find in many public buildings - those flimsy things you can snap very easily - yet there they're holding up an entire 'zombie' (the call these zombies is an offensive gesture to the entire sub-genre though), and even more than that as the thing scuttles across the ceiling the tiles break off in its wake ... the sheer idiocy of this movie exemplifies exactly how not to make a movie and the worst the film industry has to offer.
    i was about to say that is one nimble motherfucker that can "walk" upside down on ceiling tiles. most of which would be lucky to hold the weight of your average guinea pig.
    Last edited by Mike70; 18-Feb-2012 at 01:16 AM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I'm confused. What kind of website was that review from?

I need to know how the 3D was developed, what tools were used and how the post-process was done.
    If Clash of the Titans couldn't get a decent 2D to 3D transfer going - how will this work? not even a tenth of the budget is in this movie.

Is this just an anaglyph 3D experience? Is it stereoscopic 3D? No one seems to know on this website - not that I care, but still.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    Symph - it's Blu-Ray.com - they review blu-rays.

I'm assuming it's anaglyph 3D done on the cheap - the cover for the 3D one seems to suggest that in the artwork, besides there's really no other way a piece of shit bargain bin turd basket like this could afford 3D.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    And somehow that got past the script writer, the production team and even the director without any of them saying, "huh?"
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Great Britain
    I love cheesy crappy low budget zombie flicks, House of the Dead is a guilty pleasure of mine lol, but even this for me had no redeeming points in it, its not even funny in a bad way, its just crap.
    Last edited by paranoid101; 18-Feb-2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling