Thread: folks in my area there will be noise tomorrow night....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

folks in my area there will be noise tomorrow night....

not that anyone cares but i'm fooking bored and feel like typing. i'm setting out of my cave tomorrow to play some music with some dudes i've known for a long time and used to play with a lot. i don't get out much anymore but tomorrow i've promised that it's on.

so if you hear people beating drums, acoustic guitars and singing pearl jam, sonic youth, and ramones (to name a few) songs out of tune in cincy on sat. night that'll be us.

three years ago we lit into a version of "why go" (at about 2am- by the way, ever heard why go with like 12 people playing it and me up on a picnic table playing guitar and leading the singing = fuckin insane fun) that got the cops called on us, funny since my friends place is pretty much isolated. i came close to getting locked up that night. i was FUCKED UP and not very pleased that the cops had broken up our version of "why go", so i, ahem, started playing and singing "I wanna be your boyfriend" by the ramones to the cop that showed up. he wasn't amused.

everyone else i know still talks about that moment.

see there is life after 40.

my only condition is that they known how to play "the Suburbs" by arcade fire. one of the most relevant songs to people from my background there can possibly be. where we all grew up is the very definition of an american suburb. i should probably insist on playing "wake up" as well. can you imagine about 40 people belting that out - that'd be some epic shit right there.

christ almighty am i actually feeling better and starting to come out of this two year mental tailspin? fuck i hope so.

i'm looking forward to it but i'm gonna blow my voice out again.
    Last edited by Mike70; 18-Feb-2012 at 05:19 AM. Reason: d
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."