Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did Sophia....? (2x07 major spoiler)

Administrator

England

How did Sophia....? (2x07 major spoiler)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SV9hS14_5Q

The point about glenn is a REALLY good point actually, i never even considered that.

United States
    The thread title is a major spoiler for those that haven't seen the episode.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    The thread title is a major spoiler for those that haven't seen the episode.
    I dunno. I almost feel like if you're not even that caught up in the show, then you deserve spoilage if you're hanging around here.
    I'd say once an episode is aired on both sides of the pond it should be fair game after the next episode has rolled around. But that's just me...
    I have to admit opening those spoiler thangies is like finding dvd easter eggs. I get all goosepimply when I see one.

The only one I really harped on as it was happening was Glen not seeing her in the barn when he had a bird's eye view of it. I know it was kind of dark, but still. Maybe the shock of it all blanked him out, who knows? The rest I'd have to go back and rewatch before I agreed or not.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This is what you call over thinking it. It's fun to pick things apart, but at the end of the day it's still a television series with certain boundries....

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    The only one I really harped on as it was happening was Glen not seeing her in the barn when he had a bird's eye view of it. I know it was kind of dark, but still. Maybe the shock of it all blanked him out, who knows? The rest I'd have to go back and rewatch before I agreed or not.
    There could have been blind spots from where he was looking. It's certainly possible that he could have missed her.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    There could have been blind spots from where he was looking. It's certainly possible that he could have missed her.
    Yeah, we tossed this out during the original conversation. It has the benefit of making a lot of sense.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    The general theme of the show is that Shane is a cynic (and is usually right) while Rick wants to believe the best about people.

Second hypothesis: what if Herschel's daughter found the girl? She doesn't want the people to leave because she is in love, so keeping them around for as long as possible is to her benefit. She also could tell herself that they would kill Sophia if they found her, and rationalize putting her in the barn that way, since she at least half believes in Herschel's delusion. Since she is the one who feeds them, wouldn't she have noticed the freshly dead young girl at some point? Kinda odd she didn't mention that there was a clearly fresh young girl zombie in the barn, huh?

She doesn't tell Herschel because that would ruin her plan, since he wants them gone and Sophia is the only thing keeping them around.

So Shane is kind of right in that Herschel's family was hiding Sophia, but he's actually not paranoid enough, and Rick is right for the wrong reason.

Fun stuff, huh?

United States
    Show developers already clarified Otis put her in the barn.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Show developers already clarified Otis put her in the barn.
    May way is much cooler. And it ain't settled until its on the show. I hope they have second thoughts about it, since there are several more dramatic theories than "Otis forgot to mention it". Also, the video has a point; that's a non-fatal bite. She wouldn't have turned from it in the day between when she is lost and when Otis would have had to have found her. Geographically I'm also pretty sure that Otis finding her doesn't make a tremendous amount of sense. But I'm probably over reading it.

It's interesting given her bite that the zombie they dissected had fresh blood on its mouth but the woodchuck they thought was the source was pretty well rotten...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    This is what you call over thinking it. It's fun to pick things apart, but at the end of the day it's still a television series with certain boundries....
    Bingo! Exactly what I was going to say.

Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Exactly right. Glenn only got a partial view of the barn and briefly at that. Sophia could have easily been standing directly underneath him. I've been in several barns in my life time, and the one thing they all had in common? Blind spots.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I've been in several barns in my life time, and the one thing they all had in common? Blind spots.

Personally I'd have thought the one thing they all had in common was hay....lol

yeah she's a little kid - look how tiny she is...then add the fact that Glenn saw a barn full of the undead which he was NOT expecting, so that would totally have shat him up. So many reasons why Sophia wasn't spotted at that particular moment.

Let's not also forget that even Sophia as a corpse wasn't particularly extroverted - she was the last one out of the barn....she'd have been one of those hiding zombies like the maintenance man in Dawn of the Dead.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    Nicotero said they had actually written a flashback scene with Otis wrangling Sophia but it got discarded during script development and they never shot it.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Nicotero said they had actually written a flashback scene with Otis wrangling Sophia but it got discarded during script development and they never shot it.
    This.

There is no mystery guys, it is what it is.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This video claims that she couldn't have changed yet because of the time it took Amy and Jim to turn in 104/105. Dr Jenner says in 106 that they've seen people turn within minutes and some within days. Not everyone will reanimate at the same rate, so one really can't be compared with another.

Also as Thorn says....I don't think it's any mystery how she got there. They've made it clear that Otis put her there, but I guess some people can't see the forest because of the trees....
    Last edited by bassman; 23-Feb-2012 at 03:26 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    this video claims that she couldn't have changed yet because of the time it took amy and jim to turn in 104/105. Dr jenner says in 106 that they've seen people turn within minutes and some within days. Not everyone will reanimate at the same rate, so one really can't be compared with another.

Also as thorn says....i don't think it's any mystery how she got there. They've made it clear that otis put her there, but i guess some people can't see the forest because of the trees....
    this!