Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How did Sophia....? (2x07 major spoiler)

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    This is what you call over thinking it. It's fun to pick things apart, but at the end of the day it's still a television series with certain boundries....
    When did you go and develop a life?
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    When did you go and develop a life?
    Bassman grew his from a collection of spores, molds and fungus. I'm certain of it

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Bassman grew his from a collection of spores, molds and fungus. I'm certain of it

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Love this!

Twitching

United States
    Only one point really seemed to BEG an answer,
    The bite on Sophia's shoulder is clearly the full dental impression of the upper & lower rows of teeth. I'll forego why the entire chunk of shoulder-flesh wasn't removed if a Walker had that good a bite angle on her shoulder in favor of this:

The video is right that for a bite like Sophia's to happen it's everything but 100% certain that the Walker who did it is a) Substantially larger than Sophia, and b) Obviously had her pretty well caught. There's only 3 theories I've been able to devise to explain how Sophia escaped from this encounter to be found elsewhere.

1) The Walker who bit her shoulder either doesn't have arms, or if it does those arms are significantly-to-completely unusable.
    2) A 2nd Walker unintentionally dislodged the 1st biting Walker in its zeal to take a chunk out of Sophia itself, and she subsequently escaped the encounter to be found later by Otis. Given where Daryl found Sophia's doll, given the presence of 2 Walkers in that creek (the ones that attacked him while he was unconscious), and given the known tendency for some Walkers to simply "go dormant" in a given area when prey is absent, this theory...as unlikely and multi-conditional as it is, explains finding the doll and Sophia ending up bitten but (relatively) intact for Otis to later find elsewhere. If you want to stretch it even further, nothing about said theory precludes a sick, injured but still-living Sophia from having taken shelter in the cupboard Daryl found. Given Jim's symptoms, somewhere to remain as still as possible, hydrated and sheltered might've been very appealing to an ever-sicker and terrified Sophia.
    3) Some human (perhaps Otis, but there seems to be logistical obstacles to that) came upon Sophia as she was being attacked and terminated the biting Walker before it could do anymore damage, yet for some reason Sophia didn't go with this hypothetical human. (Unlikely I know, but technically not beyond the realm of possibility.)

United States
    How did she get in the barn? She shambled in, obviously.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wyld....do you ever enjoy this show at face value? Not everything has a deeper meaning, you know?

Undisclosed
    All that is visible must grow beyond itself and extend into the real of the invisible.

Twitching

United States
    Of course I do,
    The face-value digging of the show happens like anyone else, except when I notice unusual/thought-provoking/strange/unexplained details which I quickly file away mentally and go back to watching the show. It's not until after I've gotten my viewer-fix of the new episode that I move on to Phase 2 of the enjoying-TWD process. Ie: Speculation, consideration and analysis...which ends in opinion-forming that becomes the other 50% of my reaction to what I've seen (the 1st 50% obviously being the emotional/visceral at-the-time viewing experience).

Then there's the fun of kicking ideas/speculations/theories/reactions/opinions back and forth with all our fellow Undead-heads here.

And yes, not everything has a deeper meaning, but writer-fiat/deus ex machina plot devices are like loose threads to my brain. I can't help but tugging on them to see what happens

P.S: Didn't that video (which was, incidentally, quite thought-provoking) make you want to know more about Sophia's last 24-48hrs amongst the living? They WERE good questions, after all.
    Last edited by Wyldwraith; 03-Mar-2012 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Question for Bassman

United States
    That would've been nice if they'd been able to do an episode or more webisodes of Sophia's time after she disappeared. Too bad that kid was growing like a weed. It'd be cool to know what really happened to her.