Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Governor casting news

Undisclosed
    I hope this stuff is all a red herring and they really have cast Steven Segal for the part.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    I hope this stuff is all a red herring and they really have cast Steven Segal for the part.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Jown Hawkes(From Dusk Till Dawn, American Gangster) revealed in a recent interview that he was offered the part but turned it down....

"They offered me the role, and I just felt there would be someone else who could do it better. I was flattered, and I took a look at the series. It held interest for me, but I just didn't feel like I was the guy for it. I have to be careful of what TV shows I choose, particularly ones that have commercials in them, because it's going to be a different kind of television show. There are going to be sponsors. No matter how good the show is, if there are commercials, it's going to be a different show, to me. That's just my personal feeling. Yeah, it was nice of them to ask, and it's a good show, but, again, I just didn't feel I was the guy. They came to me and sent me the graphic novel and the first two seasons. I took a look at them, and just didn't feel like it was for me."
    Last edited by bassman; 19-Apr-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Jown Hawkes(From Dusk Till Dawn, American Gangster) revealed in a recent interview that he was offered the part but turned it down....
    That's damned interesting, actually. I have liked this guy in couple things he's done and I can see him playing up the unassuming aspect of the character that we will probably get to see early on (for a hot second). Damn...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany