Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: TWD 2x10 "18 Miles Out" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    you ask what specifically shane has done that has endangered the group and nobody can ever answer it!
    I wouldn't say Rick was safe with Shane aiming his gun at his back. And I don't think Otis feels too safe right about now, either.

I don't consider Shane to be "endangering" anyone; I consider him to be ready to actively kill them himself. Shoot you in the back, feed you to zombies, whatever strikes his mood if it suits him.

Dead

United States
    I don't see anything to suggest that what Shane does is subject to his "mood". I think that's a blatant over exaggeration of the whole thing.
    Personally, I don't see Shane as an all around great guy who'll do anything for anyone, as has been oddly interjected here as motivation. I see him as a guy with a hard edged way of doing what "he thinks" is the right thing at the time. Because that's how people operate, people don't do what someone else thinks is the right thing to do at the time. Shanes way is to make the decision that keeps the most people safe. Naturally, this is subject to his own perceptions since he's a human not some robot following someone elses orders. There's no way to do things in that world that puts nobody at risk, ever, and that everyone agrees with 100% of the time. Impossible to do in the real world, let alone in that world. So you act according to your convictions.

-- -------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    So guys, for real. I'm maybe getting it wrong but are there seriously people who watch this season and then go; this Shane character is a good person who would never endanger this group of characters. In fact he's the best leader among them ...
    (ok ok, trying to kill your best friend, twice, is actually for the best of the group since said former friend is really dangerous because he makes moral decisions, and the woman you attempted to rape had it coming 'cause she's so lady Macbeth - evil she dumped you for her husband she believed dead, the fact she believed him dead wasn't really a lie, and killing Jenner would never have endangered anybody, and releasing those walkers without thinking of a plan, hey that's really in everyone's best interest,...)
    That isn't what anyone is saying.
    Last edited by babomb; 05-Mar-2012 at 01:35 AM. Reason: ..

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Quick question off this topic but about this episode, at the end when shane is in the car looking at the lone zombie in the field for the second time, does anybody else lose the sound half way through that song for about a minute?

Is this intentional?
    Interesting you mention that, when I watched it on FXUK on Friday night the audio did cut out during "Civilian" as Shane was looking out at the zombie - this happens from time-to-time with Sky. The way to fix it (as I did, as audio cutting out has happened occasionally in the past) is go up or down a channel, and then back to the channel you were on, and the audio will come back. Don't know what the reason for that is, but it'll just be some sort of signal glitch I'd imagine - so 'resetting the channel', if you will, as I've just detailed will always fix that issue if it should ever occur.

It was annoying though, it had to be during that awesome song right at the end of the episode as a rather existential moment is playing out ... anyway, had a copy for later viewing purposes anyway, so re-watched that bit as intended the following day.

As for that moment in the episode, as I've said before, loved it.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post

That isn't what anyone is saying.
    It was meant to be ironic/sarcastic

Oh, and he may be human and ambiguity is the DNA of TWD but Shane is a 'villain.' If Rick is all about 'morality', Shane is about 'survivalism'. He may have what it takes to survive this world they are in but he is losing his humanity, fast. And if trying to kill your best friend and attempted rape do not make you 'bad' then what does?
    He may not have completed his journey just yet but he will try killing someone from the group again (prob Rick, maybe Dale) before the season is over I am willing to bet.

On the barn debacle: wasn't all that gunfire noisy as hell? Isn't noise dangerous, secluded farm or no ...
    Besides; it wasn't Shane's call to make but Hershells. (though,obvioudly getting rid of the walkers is the sane thing to do).
    What would he have done had the old guy tried to throw them of his property at gunpoint? Tried to kill him and his family? It would have been 'for the groups survival' and all...

The man is a loose canon. I'm confident he'll go over the edge soon(ish).