Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is what Jenner told Rick!!!

Undisclosed
    Bingo! I was thinking the same thing. Why would Rick pop both of those clowns in the head when it was pretty obvious that they were worm food if he didn't already think/know something that he was hiding from the rest of the group.

To WyldWraith...

I think the "DON'T OPEN! DEAD INSIDE!" was more of something that was done in the final days of the hospital. Judging by the amount of abandoned equipment Rick stumbled on outside the building, it's likely that there was a military presence there no greater than that of a company's worth of men. And they were likely struggling for weeks to maintain order with thousands upon thousands of people flooding into the area in flight of the big cities (the endless river of vehicles leaving Atlanta), while at the same time trying to prevent corpses from rising/putting down ones that were already up. I'm very sure that towards the end, when their ammuntion started to run low, and it was beginning to look like they weren't going to be getting anymore resupplies anytime soon, the military probably made the decision to simply toss dead bodies into secure rooms rather than waste the ammunition needed to keep them down. It was likely figured by whoever was in charge that they could just seal them off and deal with them later once more resources came.

Believing that the infection was airborne would go a long way to explaining why all the military personel were in standard bioligical protective gear.

I'm kinda suprised Shane hasn't put two and two together after he saw the soldier systematically putting a pistol round into the heads of the hospital staff they had just gunned down.

Twitching

United States
    Here's a glaring hole in what Rick might know being "Everyone who dies reanimates as a Walker"

This last episode, Rick was both at one point preparing and discussing the option of HANGING Randall. Shane points out it would be relatively painless as his neck would be snapped cleanly.

Based on THESE actions and statements, why would Rick choose a manner of execution that would STILL REQUIRE a bullet/other penetrating head trauma to finish the job? Now, some of you might point out his statement which seemed to be a change of heart concerning use of a noose "I was thinking shooting would be more humane." However, if this statement was intended as a continuation of a cover-up of this supposedly demoralizing knowledge Rick received from Jenner, why was he a) Considering hanging in the first place, and b) Going far enough with the idea as to actually fashion a noose?

See what I mean? I think Rick double-tapped the bar-raiders, particularly the big one...out of concern that one of them might come to with a last gasp and shoot one of them. Remember, Rick ended up shot because, after a bullet struck his vest, he relaxed his guard thinking the shootout was over after his fellow officers had returned fire. That would make Rick hyper-aware of the fact that the most fatally terrible of injuries, if they do not disconnect the central nervous system, in no ways preclude someone who's been gunned down who seems dead/dying from experiencing a 5-10 second resurgence of consciousness due to a massive adrenaline spike + endorphin/dopamine release and killing someone with their dying breath.

With each man on opposite sides of the room Rick couldn't very well kick their guns away quickly enough to conclusively rule out the possibility of what happened to him happening to Herschel or Glenn (or himself, again). Brings an old saying to mind: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    "I don't always drink beer, but when I do.....I prefer dos equis."

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    Here's a glaring hole in what Rick might know being "Everyone who dies reanimates as a Walker"
    I know! I was thinking of you guys while that was happening

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Aaland
    Simple change from

"everyone who dies comes back"

to

"you don't have to be bitten or scratched to come back as a walker"

solves that problem

also, nice to be here, enjoyed lurking the last few weeks.

Fresh Meat

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post

This last episode, Rick was both at one point preparing and discussing the option of HANGING Randall. Shane points out it would be relatively painless as his neck would be snapped cleanly.

Based on THESE actions and statements, why would Rick choose a manner of execution that would STILL REQUIRE a bullet/other penetrating head trauma to finish the job? Now, some of you might point out his statement which seemed to be a change of heart concerning use of a noose "I was thinking shooting would be more humane." However, if this statement was intended as a continuation of a cover-up of this supposedly demoralizing knowledge Rick received from Jenner, why was he a) Considering hanging in the first place, and b) Going far enough with the idea as to actually fashion a noose?
    I suppose his thought process could have been that it is easier mentally to stick a knife in a dead guys head than a living human being? Also it was also shortly before that that he gave Shane the we need to use less bullets and employ quieter kill techniques.

I assume it was line of thinking like that. Because Andrea and Daryl would have spoken up when he said hanging. As those two ran into someone who hung themselves and then re-animated in the noose at that camp site.
    Last edited by Eat Flesh; 14-Mar-2012 at 05:49 AM. Reason: clarify wording...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eat Flesh View Post
    I suppose his thought process could have been that it is easier mentally to stick a knife in a dead guys head than a living human being? Also it was also shortly before that that he gave Shane the we need to use less bullets and employ quieter kill techniques.

I assume it was line of thinking like that. Because Andrea and Daryl would have spoken up when he said hanging. As those two ran into someone who hung themselves and then re-animated in the noose at that camp site.
    This is an excellent and well thought out counter argument. Makes perfect sense.

Dead

United States
    SOMEONE chained the doors to the Morgue, because in their mind they had good reason to chain said doors and spraypaint: "DON'T OPEN! DEAD INSIDE!
    That was a makeshift quarantine of sorts. Ironically, the sign above the door reads "Cafeteria". So it was basically just a room they put everyone who died of bites in. They didn't have time in the beginning to observe that all dead bodies reanimated regardless of cause of death.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    That was a makeshift quarantine of sorts. Ironically, the sign above the door reads "Cafeteria". So it was basically just a room they put everyone who died of bites in. They didn't have time in the beginning to observe that all dead bodies reanimated regardless of cause of death.
    Slightly OT, but I loved that, showed the chaos, confusion and severity of the outbreak.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Slightly OT, but I loved that, showed the chaos, confusion and severity of the outbreak.
    Me too. I liked it so much I started a 3D recreation of it a few days ago. 1st project in a series of TWD related 3D renders I plan to do.

Aaland
    This thread should of been named "what do you think Jenner told Rick?"... Not trying to be a dick, we suspect what Jenner told Rick but don't have a solid concrete answer. It would be nice if they could do a flash black when Jenner whispered in Ricks ear so we could actually see what he said.

Aaland
    Quote Originally Posted by Eat Flesh View Post

That guy was bit. He said so in his suicide note.

Got bit. Fever hit. World gone to shit. Might as well quit.
    Last edited by bungi43; 15-Mar-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Typo

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Regarding the thousands of undamaged unre-animated bodies in the cars on the highway. Fuel Air Explosives.
    http://www.zombiemib.com/2012/03/dal...o-is-next.html
    I wrote a few paragraphs on FAEs and how we have used them to great effect. There is a link to a US Army sourcing document about Russian FAE tactics and deployment in Chechnya. In the flash back to Atlanta scene you can see Napalm and FAE airbursts. This should shut up naysayers considering Ft. Benning, the largest military base in the USA, was Rick's intended destination and is less than 100 miles away.
    The more I watch this show the more I understand just how hard the crew is really trying to realistically set up the scenarios and back story.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rgc2005 View Post
    Regarding the thousands of undamaged unre-animated bodies in the cars on the highway. Fuel Air Explosives.
    http://www.zombiemib.com/2012/03/dal...o-is-next.html
    I wrote a few paragraphs on FAEs and how we have used them to great effect. There is a link to a US Army sourcing document about Russian FAE tactics and deployment in Chechnya. In the flash back to Atlanta scene you can see Napalm and FAE airbursts. This should shut up naysayers considering Ft. Benning, the largest military base in the USA, was Rick's intended destination and is less than 100 miles away.
    The more I watch this show the more I understand just how hard the crew is really trying to realistically set up the scenarios and back story.
    Sounds good to me, and is better than my theories in actuality.