Thread: Gary Streiner selling parts of NOTLD chapel to raise funds

United States

Gary Streiner selling parts of NOTLD chapel to raise funds

This post covers 2 topics- collectibles and horror conventions...I guess this is the place to post it. The biggest news is that Gary has been stuffing lil' caskets with parts of the Evans City Cemetery chapel that have fallen off and selling them on our fixthechapel website to drum up some dollars to help restore the chapel. The caskets come with an awesome backing card signed by Gary for authenticity. So, for a donation of $10, you can help fix the chapel while getting a definite collectible. http://fixthechapel.com/chapel_artifacts.html

Also- The following shows have been so wonderful to donate tables for us to raise money for the chapel. March 10th Horror Realm (Pittsburgh, PA), 23-25th Mad Monster Party (Charlotte, NC) and last but not least 30-4/1 Cinema Wasteland (Strongsville, OH) IN APRIL- 20-22 Blood on the Beach (Virginia Beach, VA)

United States
    As someone who owns one himself, I fully support others to spend the 10 bucks. It's a quality little piece, ships fast, and connects the fan with the film in a unique way.

United States
    awesome! been looking for a way to support this from way out here in the midwest, as evans city and the cemetery are places i plan to visit at some point in my lifetime.

just ordered mine, looking forward to adding it to my living dead memorabilia.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    As someone who owns one himself, I fully support others to spend the 10 bucks. It's a quality little piece, ships fast, and connects the fan with the film in a unique way.
    Ah! I'm so happy you got one! It is the coolest thing ever! And each casket is hand-stuffed by Gary. He called me the other night telling me he had lil caskets spread all over his livingroom and was sifting through chapel pieces to put in them. Honestly- it was a great idea! The caskets are the best selling items we have on the site- aside from Terry Callen's poster and t-shirt/hoodies.

-- -------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    awesome! been looking for a way to support this from way out here in the midwest, as evans city and the cemetery are places i plan to visit at some point in my lifetime.

just ordered mine, looking forward to adding it to my living dead memorabilia.
    Awesome! Thank you for wanting to help us fix the chapel! Yep- those lil caskets are brilliant! Any NOTLD fan/collector should have one or more! Gary makes 3 choices...glass, wood, and metal from the chapel. It's so cool to be able to own a piece of horror movie history, while saving a part of it too.

United States
    i was kinda surprised by how small the casket is, it's almost key-chain sized. still pretty nifty, though.

any idea of how close they are to reaching their goal?

United States
    i was kinda surprised by how small the casket is, it's almost key-chain sized. still pretty nifty, though.

any idea of how close they are to reaching their goal?
    Ah- so they are little? I haven't seen one first hand- just pictures. Oh well, I'd pay 10 bucks for one too.
    We just reached the $23,000 mark- Almost halfway! If you ever wanna' check on the progress, go to the website-Terry Callen made a zombie hand progress meter...hahaa! He updates it pretty often.
    Last edited by Tricia Martin; 04-Mar-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: forgot to say something

United States
    yeah, they're not much bigger than the pic on my laptop monitor, which is a 17" screen, i think.

and do they have some sort of a deadline to raise the funds by? i think it was one year, but how many months have passed since they began this project?

United States
    yeah, they're not much bigger than the pic on my laptop monitor, which is a 17" screen, i think.

and do they have some sort of a deadline to raise the funds by? i think it was one year, but how many months have passed since they began this project?
    Sorry! Missed this one. We have until the end of September to raise the funds- that's one year from the first cemetery board meeting Gary attended. As of right now, we are only $10,000 away from our $50,000 goal! Gary goes to every meeting to update them on our progress- and they are all very happy with what has been accomplished so far. So even if we fall a little short, Gary thinks they will probably let us go ahead with the restoration anyway. We still have cons donating tables for the chapel, e-bay auctions, and people visiting the website to donate. We also have a Living Dead Family pic-nic at the end of this month where there will be a donation bucket, and i'm pretty sure Gary will have some chapel merch with him to sell. I think we'll make our goal- it's looking really good! Here is the link to our chapel e-bay auctions : http://www.ebay.com/sch/xdekex/m.html Right now there are autographed posters, chapel artifacts, custom artwork, and some of Karl Hardman's personal effects donated by Kyra Schon...and more! All proceeds go directly to Gary for the chapel fund .

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Tricia,

why don't you guys try the websites Kickstarter.com or indiegogo.com. They allow this kind of fund raising, not too mention they are sites frequented by independent filmmakers, so with the chapel being a huge part of NOTLD and the history of one the greatest independent horror films, you would and should be able to raise the remaining $10,000 pretty quickly.

Gary aka DjfunkmasterG

P.S. Slapped it on my FB page too
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 18-Jun-2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: added information
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Tricia,

why don't you guys try the websites Kickstarter.com or indiegogo.com. They allow this kind of fund raising, not too mention they are sites frequented by independent filmmakers, so with the chapel being a huge part of NOTLD and the history of one the greatest independent horror films, you would and should be able to raise the remaining $10,000 pretty quickly.

Gary aka DjfunkmasterG

P.S. Slapped it on my FB page too
    Ah- thank you! And as of this morning, we are only $9,000 away from the goal because of the recent e-bay auctions! YAY! Gary did check out Kickstarter and Indiegogo...Kickstarter doesn't allow money to be raised for charities and I don't remember the issue with indiegogo. He looked into those about a month or two into the effort.

United States
    I was curious...how come on the card that comes with the coffin, it identifies the movie as "The Night of the Living Dead" as opposed to the actual title "Night of the Living Dead"? Typo?

United States
    Are these still available?
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jded View Post
    Are these still available?
    Yes!

http://www.fixthechapel.com/chapel_artifacts.html

United States
    You sure? Go there yourself and click add to cart under the coffin item, you'll see what I mean.
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."