Thread: Assassin's Creed 3 (video game)

UK

Assassin's Creed 3 (video game)

Don't know about anyone else but I was feeling pretty burned out on the franchise, loved 2 but Revelations and Brotherhood felt far too similar to be interesting. Then I saw these screens for the third one and it's looking pretty damn tasty again:

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/assassin...1219936p1.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Played the first and f***ing. hated. that. control. system. So i never touched another game in the series. This one however, mostly because of its colonial setting has me interested.

Undisclosed
    It should be called AC 5. The others do not count? "L"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    It should be called AC 5. The others do not count? "L"
    Probably because Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations all feature Ezio Auditore as the protagonist, whereas AC1 and AC3 have different blokes.

Haven't played AC1 (heard it was a great idea flawed by the controls and gameplay), but then heard that AC2 massively improved the problems - so I got that one and enjoyed it immensely ... but there were a few problems with AC2 that proved annoying (the odd mission was sloppy or fussy, some controls were fiddly), and then I gave AC: Brotherhood a bash and obviously it was just more of the same (but if that's what you wanted, then fine). They improved on AC2 again, but yet again there were some annoyances - like in missions you so often did something, and then had to do the same damn thing not once more, but twice more, so it became a repetitive mission that took the piss. The lack of fast running horses in AC:BH was daft too ... oh and because of all the bastards with crossbows on the roofs, I never really got the chance to go parkour mad with Ezio in AC:B, whereas in AC2 it was rare that my feet ever touched the ground for I was always leaping across rooftops (which was hella fun), so it was a damn shame that that element was diminished greatly in AC:BH. There were other niggles, like the money system which is too stingy to begin with, but then too generous later on (and rebuilding Rome to 100% didn't even earn me one piffling achievement in AC:BH - wtf is up with that?!)

Haven't played Revelations yet (critics said it was repetitive, unsurprisingly), so I'm waiting for that to be a tenner before I give that a play (I got 33 hours out of AC:BH for a £12.99 investment, which is my kind of gamer economics).

As for AC3 - now this looks interesting. A fresh direction, and hopefully they can work out the persistent problems with the franchise and give it a bit of a shake-up, while maintaining what was so cool about the earlier titles.

-- -------- Post added 05-Mar-2012 at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-Mar-2012 at 07:22 PM ----------

Debut cinematic trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_vzAmX9pzs&hd=1

UK
    Ha! In your face The Patriot! We're not the baddies!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...lish-are-evil/

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    Ha! In your face The Patriot! We're not the baddies!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...lish-are-evil/
    Sounds pretty good from all those details - again addressing old problems so that hopefully this new one will be an even better experience.

Just remembering, one thing that really bothered me about Brotherhood, was that it was really annoying that you had to build yourself up all over again. It picks up where AC2 finished (at which point you're all maxed out and such), but then after the Villa is attacked and you have to flee, you're back to square bloody one all over again - which was horse shit - you don't just lose all your skill and power because your villa got besieged, sheesh!