View Poll Results: What Should the Group Have Done With Randall?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Execute Him

16 55.17%
  • Release Him further away from the Farm

4 13.79%
  • Release him as a new member of the group

0 0%
  • Keep him under guard for now

7 24.14%
  • Attempt to return or ransom him directly to his group

0 0%
  • Use him as bait for an ambush on this other group of survivors

2 6.90%
  • Other (explain in thread)

0 0%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TWD 2x11 "Judge, Jury, Executioner" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

United States
    that talk between rick and carl was one of tonight's episode's better moments...along with the scenes hershel was in, particularly when he gave glenn his family's watch.

i get that they were trying to show how carls was experimenting with his boundaries tonight, and how he came to realize how his actions have consequences, but he really acted like a little shit in every scene he was in.

United States
    I really enjoyed this episode also. Sad to see Dale die, but needed to happen sooner or later. The world will never return to the way it was before even if all The Walkers went extinct. Dale was living in delusional thoughts. It was the best thing that could happen.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Was it just me or did that walker seem to be "Intelligent"?
    It wiggled its way out of the mud bed, got past the fence and killed the cow, snuck up on Dale, and finally when it realized it could rip open Dale's stomach rather than his neck it seemed to smile.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue View Post
    Dale was living in delusional thoughts.
    How so? I thought his reasoning was quite sound. Much like Rick, he's not only interested in survival, but also keeping his morals intact.

United States
    Holy CRAP!!! Dale gone? Damn I love the surprises on this show!

Ragnarr's Slick Zombie Self-Defense Move #138

The muscular mechanics involved with a pinned human body twisting is greater than the muscular mechanics involved with one (undead) human's hands and arms trying to hold the pinned person down. You are welcome to test this physical fact with your self-defense partner. The pinned person (on their back) with the attacker on top grabbing with both hands. The pinned person now grabs the attacker's wrists and rolls sharply in either direction, continuing to roll (like an alligator that just chomped onto something) and releasing the attackers wrists once his grip is broken. Call to your friends to blow the bugger away with their guns.

I guess what I'm suggesting to you is that Dale could have "rolled" away from that zombie long enough to survive. UNLESS of course the show decided... "you dead Dale! You is dead!"
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 05-Mar-2012 at 04:31 AM. Reason: ed
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarr View Post
    I guess what I'm suggesting to you is that Dale could have "rolled" away from that zombie long enough to survive. UNLESS of course the show decided... "you dead Dale! You is dead!"

The show, and actor Jeff DeMunn decided long ago that his character was on his way out....

United States
    dale was probably too busy thinking of how to reason with the walker about what to do about poor randall.

Undisclosed
    The killing off of Dale was an act that symbolized events that took place outside of the story itself. I am concerned at the direction the show will take from here on out.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    The killing off of Dale was an act that symbolized events that took place outside of the story itself. I am concerned at the direction the show will take from here on out.
    Watch your back! The suits and MBA's are out for blood!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rgc2005 View Post
    Was it just me or did that walker seem to be "Intelligent"?
    It wiggled its way out of the mud bed, got past the fence and killed the cow, snuck up on Dale, and finally when it realized it could rip open Dale's stomach rather than his neck it seemed to smile.
    It's just you. Someone (or something) without lips can't smile

I figured that the zombie just stumbled past a section of fence that Hershel hadn't repaired just yet. I don't think it was like a super-ninja zombie or anything. It wasn't even wearing a cape!

It was a great episode. I totally didn't see Dale's death coming! Also, Glenn is from Michigan! Not sure how he found himself down in Georgia, but I'm rooting for the hometown boy!

I can't wait for next weeks episode.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    We all pretty know this is why Dale was killed off so soon but let's not derail the thread with off screen politics. I'm not too concerned with the direction at all. It was done well and it was still surprising to me how it came about.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    How so? I thought his reasoning was quite sound. Much like Rick, he's not only interested in survival, but also keeping his morals intact.
    The group has just lost it's only truly consistant moral compass IMO, Rick is a good man, but gets hung up on leadership issues and then gets all conflicted, Hershel is another good man, but he seems to be reluctant to make any decisions since fucking up with the walkers in the barn.

And I agree with the folks who've siad that every time Carl was on screen tonight that he needed a good fucking slap...in fairness, the kid is probably a bit (okay, a lot) traumatised, what with the whole world ending and stuff, but he still annoyed the Hell out of me.

Rest in peace, Dale.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 05-Mar-2012 at 05:14 AM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    Dale should have stayed.... as for Carl... someone please slap the shit outta him!!!

and yes, I believe this will set up The Governor storylines very nicely

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    dale was probably too busy thinking of how to reason with the walker about what to do about poor randall.
    The group should have sat there and argued whether it was moral to mercy kill Dale. It's what Dale would have wanted.

United States
    Crap! I was actually floored by this. Sonuvabitch! Dale was always one of my favorite characters in the comics. . .so very sorry to see the character go in the show before his arc could run its full course. Alas.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."