Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surprise, cop reality shows are made by lying bastards as well.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Surprise, cop reality shows are made by lying bastards as well.

Just got a text message from a friend, he said he was on one of those police camera action traffic cops style series. I watched it and we were both surprised what bullshit it was.

WHAT HAPPENED IN REAL LIFE:
    at 7pm my friend filled his cars tank at the petrol station outside of town.
    as he puled out onto the highway an old person with poor vision was too busy reading their phone and accelerated square into the arse of his car.
    they watched as the police questioned the old guy till he admitted it and the fire crew made sure there were no petrol leaks.
    he explicitly did NOT give them permission to use the footage being filmed by a crew following the cops on the scene nor did he sign any release forms.

WHAT HAPPENED IN THE SHOW:
    the old man is played to be the victim of road raging 'yoofs'
    it goes to black and white and plays sinister music when my freind mentions he just filled his petrol tank.
    is called by the narrator a 'motorway madman who risks his car blowing up and covering the motorway in a fire'
    says it takes place at midnight
    cops are edited to look like there is a major gas leak in the car.
    dramatic music for the cops, sad music for the poor old man 'bullied' into admitting to 'dodgy circumstances' WHEN IT SHOWS THE FRONT OF HIS CAR HAS CRUSHED THE BACK HALF OF MY FRIENDS CAR TO THIN SCRAP
    claims my friend was rushed to hospital, he was not since he recorded it all on his phone whilst his girlfriend who was with him, but not mentioned spoke to me on the phone during it.
    then claims fire services arrived to make sure this 'motoring menace's car does not explode on these brave officers'

what. the shit.

I mean i know tv lies, im not that naive but these f*ckers had no permission to use my friends ill fortune and then they twisted it for dramatic effect on a level i normally expect reserved for a Michael moore documentary. i mean really. what the f*ck?!?
    Last edited by Danny; 20-Feb-2012 at 09:00 PM. Reason: kkl;kl;

Administrator

England
    You dont need permission to film anybody in a public area under UK law.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    if there was any reality in any of these sorts of things, the word "show" wouldn't be used.

as Trancelike pointed out in another thread, tru tv is the WORST offender as far as these sorts of shows go.

i've never understood why anyone would watch a "reality" show - expect for the laughter aspect of pathetic individuals trying to become "famous". we live in the real world and have to deal with its frustrations and bullshit everyday, who in their right frakkin' mind wants to spend their free time watching "real life." again, i just don't get. never will.

granted there are a few that are interesting but most are just outright offensive to the intelligence of the viewer.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The US show, "Cops" is definitely real. I've seen that stuff first hand.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Bad boys, bad boys, watcha gonna dooooooo......

Administrator

England
    I absolutly love COPS, they got the formula just right, i loved it as a kid and i still love it now.. at completely the other end of the scale i absolutly detest ones that show UK police, i think they just embarrass us frankly.

(i mean no direspect to our police there)

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    do tell. do tell.

United States
    Wait, you've been busted with a tranny hooker?!?!?
    (And no, it wasn't my mom, or my dad, etc...)

Undisclosed
    In one of the early seasons of COPS a crooked cop got caught planting evidence after the show was aired and the footage was used by the defense during trial. The incident started with 2 kids sitting at a table in a park, mr. crooked cop comes along makes up some b.s. excuse about them dealing drugs. The video shows the cop searching an area in front of a tree and finds nothing. He decides to search again and magically a baggie of weed appears where it wasn't there a second before. IIRC due to the video evidence the charges against the kids were dismissed and then the TV show and the cop were on the receiving end of a lawsuit.

Here are just a few incidents of showboating cops and the reality shows they were involved with becoming subject of lawsuits and even worse.

Woman sues Naperville, reality TV show

Wrongfully accused man files lawsuit against reality cop show

Man Whose Arrest Was Filmed By 'Cops' Sues Officers For Brutality

Here is a recent and most horrific result of cops playing up to the camera:

Police officer who shot dead girl, 7, in raid being filmed for reality TV show is charged with manslaughter

Aiyana Stanley-Jones was asleep on the sofa when members of the Detroit Police Special Response Team threw a flash-bang grenade through a window and burst through the front door of her home.

A crew from the crime reality show The First 48 were filming as Officer Joseph Weekley fired the fatal shot.

On Tuesday prosecutors announced that the TV show's principal photographer, Allison Howard had been indicted on perjury and obstruction of justice charges.
    Last edited by Sammich; 21-Feb-2012 at 03:43 AM. Reason: a

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    do tell. do tell.
    I have a relative that is a police officer here in Atlanta. He's been on the show before and while they were filming, he also had his personal dash camera running the entire time. While the show is edited for obvious reasons, with his video you can hear and see that it's not a staged show. It's literally their entire night together. Plus he's a close family member, so I trust him when he says it was just a camera and sound man riding along with his normal duties and nothing was staged for theatrical purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Wait, you've been busted with a tranny hooker?!?!?
    They dropped the charges.

Anyway, while I'm sure there are a few bad eggs out there, I imagine most of "cops" is real and most police officers are honest.
    Last edited by bassman; 21-Feb-2012 at 11:57 AM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Just got a text message from a friend, he said he was on one of those police camera action traffic cops style series. I watched it and we were both surprised what bullshit it was.

WHAT HAPPENED IN REAL LIFE:
    at 7pm my friend filled his cars tank at the petrol station outside of town.
    as he puled out onto the highway an old person with poor vision was too busy reading their phone and accelerated square into the arse of his car.
    they watched as the police questioned the old guy till he admitted it and the fire crew made sure there were no petrol leaks.
    he explicitly did NOT give them permission to use the footage being filmed by a crew following the cops on the scene nor did he sign any release forms.

WHAT HAPPENED IN THE SHOW:
    the old man is played to be the victim of road raging 'yoofs'
    it goes to black and white and plays sinister music when my freind mentions he just filled his petrol tank.
    is called by the narrator a 'motorway madman who risks his car blowing up and covering the motorway in a fire'
    says it takes place at midnight
    cops are edited to look like there is a major gas leak in the car.
    dramatic music for the cops, sad music for the poor old man 'bullied' into admitting to 'dodgy circumstances' WHEN IT SHOWS THE FRONT OF HIS CAR HAS CRUSHED THE BACK HALF OF MY FRIENDS CAR TO THIN SCRAP
    claims my friend was rushed to hospital, he was not since he recorded it all on his phone whilst his girlfriend who was with him, but not mentioned spoke to me on the phone during it.
    then claims fire services arrived to make sure this 'motoring menace's car does not explode on these brave officers'

what. the shit.

I mean i know tv lies, im not that naive but these f*ckers had no permission to use my friends ill fortune and then they twisted it for dramatic effect on a level i normally expect reserved for a Michael moore documentary. i mean really. what the f*ck?!?
    Oh get real! You'll be telling me Most Haunted and Ghost Hunters make up sh*t to spice up their shows next!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Wow, sucks for your friend. It's a shame that he had to go through something like that just so a couple of jackass producers could make a rather routine traffic accident into something it totally wasn't just so they would have a better show. From what you're describing, it sounds like the cops had little to do with the actual editing/producing of show though, so they probably shouldn't take any flak for how the show came out.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    I have a relative that is a police officer here in Atlanta.
    your brother has busted punks on Cops before? that's kinda cool. did he get to use his night stick or taser anyone on cam?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    your brother has busted punks on Cops before? that's kinda cool. did he get to use his night stick or taser anyone on cam?
    No, but his partner slips and falls on his ass on national tv. He was pretty embarassed about that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    No, but his partner slips and falls on his ass on national tv. He was pretty embarassed about that.
    that's the kind of thing that the folks at the station house (or at any other job for that matter) will never, ever let him forget.