Thread: TWD - So just two episodes left...

Administrator

England

TWD - So just two episodes left...

Hope they're good solid ones. And I think we all know it's going to end on some horrible cliff hanger which we'll have to wait over six months to resolve
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Better than having to wait between seasons for "Mad Men" - this last time has been about two years!

I have a feeling what the closing "shot" will be myself, but no spoilers. Also, I have a feeling the last episode we'll get a hint at what the ol' doc said to Rick (but that probably won't be resolved until next year too to keep people in "suspense").

j.p.
    Last edited by JDFP; 08-Mar-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: 1
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Better than having to wait between seasons for "Mad Men" - this last time has been about two years!
    That was due to AMC being cheap asses and Mad Men creator, Matt Weiner almost had to take the show to another network. After much debate, they ended up with a huge deal for three more seasons and a massive paycheck. AMC also gave Breaking Bad a hard time. The ending to BB season four was made as a make shift series finale because they feared they wouldn't be able to return for the fifth and final season.

As for TWD, a six month gap is really great, imo! Almost half as long as the usual wait between seasons. Seperating the season into two halves was a nice way to shorten the off season.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    As for TWD, a six month gap is really great, imo! Almost half as long as the usual wait between seasons. Seperating the season into two halves was a nice way to shorten the off season.
    At least Game of Thrones will help fill the gap too!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Seperating the season into two halves was a nice way to shorten the off season.
    Yeah, it worked for me, too.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Madmen, Game of Thrones that is what I have until TWD and AHS come back in October, not bad fillers

England
    That was due to AMC being cheap asses and Mad Men creator, Matt Weiner almost had to take the show to another network. After much debate, they ended up with a huge deal for three more seasons and a massive paycheck. AMC also gave Breaking Bad a hard time. The ending to BB season four was made as a make shift series finale because they feared they wouldn't be able to return for the fifth and final season.

I'm not even sure where they can go with S5 of Breaking bad, all the really important/dramatic story lines have been tied up for me. Might be better left alone.

As for TWD - Only one more to go now...bitter sweet feeling, I know it will be good, but I know it will be the last for several months.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Fresh Meat

Canada
    Yeah I was not sure if I was thrilled initially with breaking up the season into two parts. But it has worked out great and as you guys say the wait for season 3 has shortened.

For me this season has been fantastic and the second half has been excellent and honestly better than I expected and as good as I was hoping for.

United States
    Yeah, only a measly 7-ish months away...